Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Im on a 7, we have the points which Wigan haven't got in the bag...That late Wigan OG against Spurs and their death match against Villa might, just might save our sorry arse.

The footballing gods will find a way to screw us over, they f***ing hate us.

We have the points in the bag, unless we get deducted 10 points for some random failure of sorts  :lol:

Crimes against football were committed by us in the last 2 home games...

In dead, high treason.

Im on a 7, we have the points which Wigan haven't got in the bag...That late Wigan OG against Spurs and their death match against Villa might, just might save our sorry arse.

The problem for us is that we look like having to rely on others being as shit as us and they aren't, both Villa and Wigan are playing far better than we are.  We need at least one of those to change because they are playing well enough to pick up points, we're not.

I just can't see it. Not one of the teams around us look like they could turn into the fucking shambles we have become.

I just can't see it. Not one of the teams around us look like they could turn into the f***ing shambles we have become.

I'm hoping for burn out, an FA Cup drop off for Wigan, anything.

we need at least 1 win, doubt a draw and 38 points is enough.

Pffft, dont know where that will come from.

west ham, qpr or arsenal

or next season in the championship.

we need at least 1 win, doubt a draw and 38 points is enough.

Calm down, just done the predicter and 38 points has us comfortably safe courtesy of goals scored.

A job well done Pards.

Unless we get a good fucking egging in all our remaining games.

I just can't see it. Not one of the teams around us look like they could turn into the f***ing shambles we have become.

I'm hoping for burn out, an FA Cup drop off for Wigan, anything.

I fancy Villa have more chance of losing their nerve than Wigan however the cup game goes.

Sickening to be in the position where this needs to be said, but hope the mackems absolutely batter them tomorrow.

I fancy Villa have more chance of losing their nerve than Wigan however the cup game goes.

Sickening to be in the position where this needs to be said, but hope the mackems absolutely batter them tomorrow.

I'm supporting the mackems tomorrow for the first time in my life, what a bastard mess.

I'm supporting the mackems tomorrow for the first time in my life, what a bastard mess.

they could still drop and keep us up.

I think tomorrow huge game for us. My big worry is Villa winning the next couple of games which might mean the game everyone will think saves the rest of us on the last day, Wigan v Villa, being a dead rubber and Villa rolling over. As that game is the only reason the teams on 37/38 points are such a decent price to go down.

If Villa do win then Sunderland will be bricking it again. Stoke with no pressure on them could be awkward and I reckon Southampton could take something off them.

Guest bimpy474

I think tomorrow huge game for us. My big worry is Villa winning the next couple of games which might mean the game everyone will think saves the rest of us on the last day, Wigan v Villa, being a dead rubber and Villa rolling over. As that game is the only reason the teams on 37/38 points are such a decent price to go down.

If Villa do win then Sunderland will be bricking it again. Stoke with no pressure on them could be awkward and I reckon Southampton could take something off them.

We need a point for any of this to be ok for us though, can't see us getting it with Captain Fuckwit in charge.

We will win tomorrow, no bother.

We have been playing well of late. I know Man United took their foot off the gas somewhat, but I saw enough last Monday, even in comprehensive defeat, to not get downhearted about it.

What's more, we'll also win at Norwich next week.

Wigan, on the other hand, I think are fucked.

I'm interested to see what outsiders think about our chances. Brummie, do you genuinely think we'll stay up? Or is it politeness?

I think you've been absolutely awful for months now, and I've been telling everyone who'll listen that. I also think you've picked up some pretty spawny points over that period, too. I genuinely can not believe how shit you've become this season, it is utterly bewildering, given how you were last season.

After the january window, I thought there was no chance whatsoever that you'd be in trouble, but it's almost like you've decided to drop yourself in it. That old cliche about there sometimes being teams who just plummet towards the end of the season - that's what you look like.

However ....

You've got enough points on the board now to leave you with a pretty easy requirement from your remaining matches, one of which is against a poor, relegated side. I also think Wigan's time is up. Starting Saturday, they have 5 games in 15 days, one of which is the (distracting) FA Cup final, and none of which are "easy". I think they'll go.

There wil be points gained which people don't expect. Two weeks ago, people were saying they couldn't see where Stoke would get another point this season, for example.

It's definitely not politeness, I think you've been really poor for a long while now, and the football world seems not to have really noticed it, but you'll survive. A horrible season for all and sundry, mind.

Incidentally, Sunderland's revival is somewhat overstated.

They won at your place, but really, you were so dreadful that day, I'd have backed South Shields Paper Boys XI to get at least a point. By all accounts Everton utterly terrible at their place, too.

Di Canio has got them running more and chasing the ball down, but they're still a desperately poor side, and certainly not out of it yet.

It's horrible though, isn't it?

This season and last (for us) have been awful. The Houllier one wasn't much fun, either.

I didn't renew my ST this season, and have spent most of it actually *avoiding* our matches, it has been so terrifying. I'm behind what Lambert wants to do, and hope we dont do something daft and sack him if we go down, and the bloke has immense support from the fans still, but having said all that, I've watched most of our games this season through my fingers, it has been so stomach churningly terrifying to wawtch.

I am not going tomorrow night, and won't be watching on the telly. I can't stand it any more. I'd spend the whole match shaking like a shitting puppy and wishing i still smoked so I could chain smoke.

That stuff's not good for you, especially past 40.

Problem is the mackems have 2 home games following tomorrow night. You'd back them to win at least one if not both - Stoke are pretty much safe now and Southampton have been for weeks.

After tomorrow, Villa have a 6 pointer at Carrow Road next week then Chelsea at home before the showdown with Wigan. Not a nice run in - especially if they lose tomorrow.

Norwich, a point better off than us, have Villa at home and then WBA at home - again, I suspect they'll win at least 1 of the 2 home games, although they are undeniably shit and struggle for goals.

Which leaves us and Wigan. We've won 1 away game all year so there's no way we're winning both - Allardyce will no doubt beat us on Saturday but the QPR game is massive. Wigan will hopefully get turned over at WBA but I've no doubt Swansea will bend over for Martinez. They've been bending over for weeks now anyway. I've been quite confident we'd stay up for a while but can easily see us going down now, I'm a solid 9 on the relegationometer.

After tomorrow, Villa have a 6 pointer at Carrow Road next week then Chelsea at home before the showdown with Wigan. Not a nice run in - especially if they lose tomorrow.

On the bright side, we seem to play much better away from home than we do at home.

Problem is the mackems have 2 home games following tomorrow night. You'd back them to win at least one if not both - Stoke are pretty much safe now and Southampton have been for weeks.

Norwich, a point better off than us, have Villa at home and then WBA at home - again, I suspect they'll win at least 1 of the 2 home games, although they are undeniably s*** and struggle for goals.

Which leaves us and Wigan. We've won 1 away game all year so there's no way we're winning both - Allardyce will no doubt beat us on Saturday but the QPR game is massive. Wigan will hopefully get turned over at WBA but I've no doubt Swansea will bend over for Martinez. They've been bending over for weeks now anyway. I've been quite confident we'd stay up for a while but can easily see us going down now, I'm a solid 9 on the relegationometer.

Not too sure about that. WBA absolutely hate Villa, can't see them being too fired up for a victory here

The fans do, the players won't give too much of a shit.

Clark wants them to get their best points tally since whenever (about 300 years, I'd imagine).