Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Still at a 7...20 minutes of decent football against a side who barley turned up isnt really a true messeaure.

30 percent chance of survival, you can't be serious man  :lol:

The same sort of comment was made last season and only one team finished below us and remain in the same division.

Still at a 7...20 minutes of decent football against a side who barley turned up isnt really a true messeaure.

30 percent chance of survival, you can't be serious man  :lol:

The same sort of comment was made last season and only one team finished below us and remain in the same division.

Persisting with this meaningless statement I see :lol:

People were insisting we were 100% down last season and yet here we remain. We have a far better chance of staying up than going down, I'm sure the vast majority of neutrals would agree.

I lie somewhere between 1 and 2.

The fact we stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season, have lost a couple of 'squad' players and made one loan signing probably makes people worry.  Especially considering how much most teams have pushed on since last season.

as a team we really look on a knife edge to me, could go either way at this stage...click together and go on a run or fall apart quickly and repeat last season's squeaky arse time

something like a win at villa could be a catalyst for us, however a demoralising defeat could take things the other way...when was the last time we played well away from home?  QPR was the last win but we were fuckin horrible that day and wouldn't have won if it weren't for bosingwa

that's why i'm around the 50/50 mark, edging towards 60/40 'cause i think pardiola will lead us to our doom vs. villa through his fear injections

as a team we really look on a knife edge to me, could go either way at this stage...click together and go on a run or fall apart quickly and repeat last season's squeaky arse time

something like a win at villa could be a catalyst for us, however a demoralising defeat could take things the other way...when was the last time we played well away from home?  QPR was the last win but we were fuckin horrible that day and wouldn't have won if it weren't for bosingwa

that's why i'm around the 50/50 mark, edging towards 60/40 'cause i think pardiola will lead us to our doom vs. villa through his fear injections

I see what you're saying, but you think a loss at Villa Park in the 4th game of the season could be the catalyst for relegation? Bit melodramatic.

what i mean is we're at a stage as a football team where we're apparently trying to play football but we're not really very good at it yet, the outcome of the next few games could be massive for us

if we go to villa, attack them and take the 3 points we could push on, but if we lose it might have the opposite effect (especially on the manager)

we've seen pardew's reaction to bad defeats and how he reacts when he tries different things and it doesn't work, i'm not being melodramatic at all tbh, nor am i saying a loss to villa will seal our doom or anything of the sort

:lol: That's his thing, like. He's desperate for things to go badly.

who me?  not in the slightest man, see my follow-up post, as usual i have reasons for the things i think rather than the blind optimism that serves you so poorly

i genuinely believe a good confident win vs. villa and we might go on and have a decent season indeed, it will make them believe they can play a certain way and get goals

hope it happens :thup:

Guest icemanblue

:lol: That's his thing, like. He's desperate for things to go badly.

who me?  not in the slightest man, see my follow-up post, as usual i have reasons for the things i think rather than the blind optimism that serves you so poorly

i genuinely believe a good confident win vs. villa and we might go on and have a decent season indeed, it will make them believe they can play a certain way and get goals

hope it happens :thup:

We're playing in the Championship this season, right? :lol:

Guest icemanblue

you're lording it over me? :lol: 

priceless

Erm, no?

I'll ignore the possible reasons for you being aghast at the thought of someone lording it over you.

you're lording it over me? :lol: 

priceless

Erm, no?

I'll ignore the possible reasons for you being aghast at the thought of someone lording it over you.

well, you were able to ignore plenty of stuff that was happening on the pitch last season i suppose, must come easy ;)

anyway old ground...so despite your best efforts to paint me as a doom monger i'm merely a realist, all we've done since scraping a place in the league this season is beat an awful, awful fulham team in the 86th minute through another piece of individual brilliance instead of a well crafted team goal, for example

as stated the signs are there of improvement, which is why i'm saying the upcoming fixtures are critical to our season because i think the next few results might have a bearing on whether we stick with the "new" way of a playing or revert back to fearball at the first opportunity...villa is big because we've been poor for a long time away from home in particular, a win there could really boost everything

sorry for the doom and gloom though :lol:

Can't really see us going down this season solely because the Remy signing will turn quite a few draws into wins assuming he stays fit. If he is out for a significant part of the season due to injury though we'll be in deep shit. As things stand now I think we are good enough to get top 10, depending on how Pardew manages the team on match days.

Persisting with this meaningless statement I see :lol:

People were insisting we were 100% down last season and yet here we remain. We have a far better chance of staying up than going down, I'm sure the vast majority of neutrals would agree.

I lie somewhere between 1 and 2.

We went in to our 2nd last game of the season 4th bottom and 3 points above 3rd bottom Wigan.  :lol: