Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Boro,Fulham and Portsmouth are must win games.Stoke away and Spurs away are must not lose games....Villa,Chelsea,Dippers and Arsenal.....hopefully get a point or two from them.We in shit!

Maybe......HUGE maybe, a point at Villa but I honestly cant see us getting anything at all from the others

Now at 7, IMO we need 11 points out of the next 9 games to stay up.  We need at least a point from our next two and four points from Stoke and the Spuds.  We then have three home games against very poor opposition that we need to take at least 6 points from, its going to be very difficult.  I only hope Kinnear gets back soon and we get no injuries and we might have a chance.

I'm staying with my six since this is pretty much the result I was expecting. A lot of good things need to come together for us to stay up, including Kinnear coming back quickly and being able to rally the troops, everyone coming back from injury and readjusting quickly, us having no additional injuries until the end of the season, and nicking a few lucky points occasionally in matches we have no right to win.

Gah.

9 games to go and we must win 4.  Considering we have won 6 in 29 this season (fuck me) that wont be an easy task.

Boro, Pompey,Fulham are must wins (we'll do VERY well to get 6 points) then Spurs and Stoke we need something, as well as bonus points vs Arse, Chels at home. Cant see anything at Lpool or Villa

In a way things went slightly well yesterday.  We weren't in the relagation zone, we're still not.  We didn't lose points on anyone, and we gained 1 on Stoke and Sunderland.

However, what worried me so much was the end.  I can't remember the last time I was at a game, or an away game at least, where I was actually like "Come on man, we can win this!".  We really could have, we had pressure, Hull were frightened.  But we didn't!  We never created that chance we needed.  And if we couldn't do it in that game, I see very few other opportunities to do so.

Undecided on my number.  Probably still a 7.

Ludicrous that we're in this dire situation and we're relying on 2 guys, who to be fair would never claim to be managers.  It's nooone's fault JFK got ill, but this isn't the sort of situation where we can just wait around for him.

About a 6 for me... if we played the rest of the season 10 times I reckon we'd go down in just over half of them. What gives me some hope is watching the other rubbish teams around us, all of them are struggling to get results.

I'm past predicting to be honest, I'm just praying it doesn't happen.

Sticking to 10.  It's not the matches like yesterday, or the ManUre game that will end up biting us on the arse, but failing to take maximum points against Wigan and Stoke - those four points dropped in the last minute are looking massive now.

Plus, we have not won at home now for just under three months - that is in itself relegation form.

Guest Phil K

Unless Ashley stops ignoring the obvious, and realizes the current coaches/management are not up to it (not even close) then, yes - we ARE in deep doo-doo unless something drastic happens (as I've been saying for weeks, and been sniped at by many who are now saying EXACTLY THE ***** SAME)

I've reset the poll.

fool, the whole idea, was people could change thier votes, for themselves.

Actually - I've voted the same as I did last time (I think).

Sticking to 10.  It's not the matches like yesterday, or the ManUre game that will end up biting us on the arse, but failing to take maximum points against Wigan and Stoke - those four points dropped in the last minute are looking massive now.

Plus, we have not won at home now for just under three months - that is in itself relegation form.

EXACTLY - nice to see some realism for a change.

And add to it the points dropped against Man City very late too.

Although TBF they were 10 men, and it was a good goal.

voted 10.  present stop gap manager is NOT good enough. 

THe cockney idiots need to make some tough decidions or enjoy life in championship.

Glad to see ashley looking worried on the highlights. 

COuldnt happen to a nicer guy! 

6, slightly more likely that we'll go down than stay up. barring a miracle we will find ourselves in the bottom three after the next few games and i'm not confident as to how we will respond. it is still in our hands and we have a small group of quality players amidst the dross, im just hoping they take the initiative and save us despite ashley/kinnear/hughton and so on. ashley's game of risk, in not spending and not getting in a proper manager, is fucking silly on his part, even if it does pay off and we stay up, it is something that should've never happened.

I'm on an 8.

We're 4th bottom on the form guide: -

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FormGuide

We have Arsenal and Chelsea next so we'll probably drop into the bottom 3 of both the form guide and the league table over those games.

Every time the team have had a must win game they've either drawn or lost (apart from when we beat the worst team in the league, West Brom 3-2). Newcastle United always throw away their chances.

Unless an amazing motivator comes in and instantly kicks the players up the arse so they perform to their potential we're doomed. I can't understand the dropping of Lovenkrands. He has scored 2 goals so that should get him in the team ahead of the non-goal scoring players for me. I'd take Terry Venables now. It has become that desperate.

The biggest worry IMO, would be the seemingly huge emphasis on those 3 'winnable' home games. Those teams will all be looking at those games as good chances of picking up 3 points themselves.

I think I'd go for a six. We've still got some very winnable games coming up. If we can pick the odd point up here and there against the tougher opposition and beat a couple of the teams around us I think we'll be safe.

We should be aiming for 40 points but I can see us staying up with less.

Guest Howaythetoon

My head says a 9, my heart is telling me we will stay up. We need some kind of inspiration however. I won't go as far as saying we need a miracle like but we need something. A win against Arsenal or Chelsea would be massive. I wouldn't back against us to pull of such a win, although I think we'll lose both. I'm gonna try and keep the faith. Howay Newcastle, howay lads and lasses.