Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I’m actually pretty encouraged by the last two games. Nice to see we can go back to being fairly solid at the back. Two goals conceded - one a GK mistake, the other a great individual play during a scramble.

We grew in confidence yesterday the longer we didn’t concede again and finished the game a lot better than on Wednesday.

We’re now in the relegation zone, which frankly should have happened weeks ago given our form. That alone should be encouraging as it shows how many poor teams there are.

We obviously need new players but we also just need one result to go our way and I think it would do wonders for our confidence.

I’m actually pretty encouraged by the last two games. Nice to see we can go back to being fairly solid at the back. Two goals conceded - one a GK mistake, the other a great individual play during a scramble.

We grew in confidence yesterday the longer we didn’t concede again and finished the game a lot better than on Wednesday.

We’re now in the relegation zone, which frankly should have happened weeks ago given our form. That alone should be encouraging as it shows how many poor teams there are.

We obviously need new players but we also just need one result to go our way and I think it would do wonders for our confidence.

You can be encouraged all you want...the facts are we lost both games without scoring

There is absolutely no point in being tight at the back if we cannot score for shit............teams that don't score many goals go down simple

Boro had a fabulous defensive record last year but scored the lowest in the division...guess what happened

Brighton, Swansea and us really isn’t it. But as we all knew it depends on which magicians we can sign in January.

Swansea have two strikers who would walk into our first team in Bony and Abraham. Just to put things in perspective.

You can be encouraged all you want...the facts are we lost both games without scoring

There is absolutely no point in being tight at the back if we cannot score for s***............teams that don't score many goals go down simple

Boro had a fabulous defensive record last year but scored the lowest in the division...guess what happened

This is nonsense. We have scored the same number of goals (16) as 5th-placed Burnley who, in contrast to our figure of 27, have only conceded 12 goals. That's the joint 2nd-best defensive record in the league and living proof that a solid defence should be paramount for a side with our resources. We have also scored the same number of goals as Huddersfield, who were gifted a 4-goal gubbing yesterday, and more than Palace, Brighton, West Brom and Swansea. Only 1 goal less than Southampton and West Ham. I'm not denying that we lack quality as an attacking outfit, but the number of goals that we've scored is arguably commensurate with where we ought to be aiming for in the league (lower mid-table). The number of individual defensive errors - which has been worrying over the past few weeks - is what is costing us more.

There is absolutely no point in being tight at the back if we cannot score for s***............teams that don't score many goals go down simple

Absolute rubbish. Start of the season we were tight, well organised, defensively sound and winning a few tight games albeit losing tight games too. Atleast we were in contention in games. Switching to essentially 442 and playing more open has badly exposed us and we've been all over the shop ever since even if we've looked like scoring more. It's a fine balance but you need to be in games to take points. No point scoring 1 or 2 goals in a game if you're shipping more and coming away with no points.

Judging by your posts you sound like you've thrown the towel in anyway mate :lol:

For the first time I’m genuinely pessimistic about our chances of staying up. Looking at the teams in the PL yesterday, all of them with the exception of us and possibly Swansea and Brighton have players capable of changing a game or unlocking a defence.

West Brom - Rondon

West Ham - Arnautovic, Lanzini

Palace - Zaha, Townsend

Huddersfield -Mooy, Ince, Mounie

Even Swansea have Bony, Routledge, Dyer, Olsson.

Without significant top quality reinforcements we’re going down with a whimper. Nailed on! We’re relying on Perez, Diame, Joselu, Gayle, Ritchie to turn PL games and they’re all Championship players

:lol: Come on man, Jonas Olsson and Nathan Dyer?

Absolute rubbish. Start of the season we were tight, well organised, defensively sound and winning a few tight games albeit losing tight games too. Atleast we were in contention in games. Switching to essentially 442 and playing more open has badly exposed us and we've been all over the shop ever since even if we've looked like scoring more. It's a fine balance but you need to be in games to take points. No point scoring 1 or 2 goals in a game if you're shipping more and coming away with no points.

Judging by your posts you sound like you've thrown the towel in anyway mate :lol:

Maybe I have thrown the towel in as I just cant see the consistency or quality in the team that others hope for, we are littered with championship plodding shite absolutely not 1 quality player who you can look at and think wow this lads a player

Having conceded myself to relegation if we do stay up it will be a bonus and a surprise to me rather than the inevitable disappointment if you haven't consigned yourself...sorry if that pisses people off but that's just my view on it. Ive seen and endured enough disappointments from this club in a lifetime im actually done with the optimistic outlook now and apathy has taken over for the last 10 years. So much so that I just couldn't give a fuck about it anymore there are far more important things in life

For the first time I’m genuinely pessimistic about our chances of staying up. Looking at the teams in the PL yesterday, all of them with the exception of us and possibly Swansea and Brighton have players capable of changing a game or unlocking a defence.

West Brom - Rondon

West Ham - Arnautovic, Lanzini

Palace - Zaha, Townsend

Huddersfield -Mooy, Ince, Mounie

Even Swansea have Bony, Routledge, Dyer, Olsson.

Without significant top quality reinforcements we’re going down with a whimper. Nailed on! We’re relying on Perez, Diame, Joselu, Gayle, Ritchie to turn PL games and they’re all Championship players

:lol: Come on man, Jonas Olsson and Nathan Dyer?

Yeah, to be fair I had a bit of a mental block when I was thinking about Swansea. I knew they had someone quite dangerous but I couldn’t recall. Turns out it was Abraham, as pointed out by someone on here. Although to be fair, I do rate Olsonn. It’s not Jonas though

Bony wouldn't walk into our team and most of those names couldn't even THINK about changing a game :lol: :lol:

As if Bony wouldn't get a game ahead of Joselu....what a f***ing outrageous comment

It really isn't :lol:

Aye :lol:

Nearly as outrageous as the queue of clubs who wanted him instead of Swansea.

Bony isn't who he was before he signed for Man City.

Playing in a similar standard team to Joselu he's scored 2 goals the season, fewer than Joselu for us, although Joselu has played a few more games.

I wonder how quickly we'll be prepared to move in January? Need to get players in on Jan 1st if possible.

Yeah you'd hope we're not dicking around at the end of Jan otherwise we're screwed. You have to hope that behind the scenes Rafa knows his budget and is already working on tying up deals for players.tranafer windows under Ashley range from pure rage to compete apathy

27/12/2017 Manchester City (h) 

30/12/2017 Brighton and Hove Albion (h)

01/01/2018 Stoke City (a)

13/01/2018 Swansea City (h)

20/01/2018 Manchester City (a)

31/01/2018 Burnley (h)

If you ignore the Man City games, not that it's impossible to get anything from those two games, but it's going to be tough.

The other 4 games are key for us. the 3 at home have to bring at least 7 points or we really are fecked.

If you write off City away then we only really have one game during the window because we're not gonna have a player in and playing on the 1st and we should be pretty much done on the 31st. That's key for us like. We need to win that game, no excuses.