Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Just looking at the upcoming fixtures: ManC (h), Brighton (h), Stoke (a), Cup, Swansea (h)... fuck, it's a really critical little period, this. Needs to be six points minimum if we're gonna stay out of the relegation zone.

Still 10 for me and will be until some quality players have signed for us.

Imagine how absolutely wank we've been recently.

Then consider that with that one win today we're 15th in the form table over the last six games. Even in the last ten matches where we've lost eight of them, West Brom have only gained as many points as us, and Swansea only one point more. Watford and Southampton have only gained three points more than us.

The results have been absolutely awful for seemingly yonks and we're four points away from the top half.

We're perfectly capable of going 8 losses in 9 again. Like I said, until quality players are through the door I'm staying at 10. The win at West Ham whilst brilliant still feels like the anomaly.

Then consider that with that one win today we're 15th in the form table over the last six games. Even in the last ten matches where we've lost eight of them, West Brom have only gained as many points as us, and Swansea only one point more. Watford and Southampton have only gained three points more than us.

The results have been absolutely awful for seemingly yonks and we're four points away from the top half.

We're perfectly capable of going 8 losses in 9 again. Like I said, until quality players are through the door I'm staying at 10. The win at West Ham whilst brilliant still feels like the anomaly.

Surely a 10 means absolute certainty, like we need 9 points from our 3 games to survive type stuff. Not, were 2 points ahead of the relegation zone while on bad form?

Surely a 10 means absolute certainty, like we need 9 points from our 3 games to survive type stuff. Not, were 2 points ahead of the relegation zone while on bad form?

You’re mixing statistical logic with gut feeling. This thread is always gut feeling or we’d simply just pull out the latest odds and go off that. No need for any debate.

Beating Brighton is most important out of those games that are almost upon us. We've taken 3 from Stoke so taking a draw away to them wouldn't be terrible. Beat Brighton and get anything other than an absolute dicking of Man City and we're doing okay.

Ok scores today, although West Brom are hanging in there and have a good set of players.

Don't see Bournemouth as a realistic relegation candidate tbh.

The only teams I can see going down are Swansea, WBA, Bournemouth, Stoke, us and maaybe Soton/Hammers.

Agree that Palace, Southampton and probably West Ham won't drop. Huddersfield amassing points as well.

So it's us, Swansea, West Brom, Brighton or Stoke.

Everyone in the league has to play City again and other teams of a similar calibre. No team is as good as down yet, I don't think. (Sorry if it was tongue in cheek.)

What I would say though is that the likes of Swansea, West Brom, West Ham, etc., are unlikely to roll the dice with new managers again, so if it's not working now, and continues in a similar vein into mid-Feb some of those might well be a good shout for relegation fodder.q