Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I still have hope but we're odds-on at this point. You'd be kidding yourself to say otherwise.

It's the most critical transfer window since transfer windows were invented.

It's obvious we are going down with the current team. Hopefully Jabba does one of his panic buying windows as in when we bought Sissoko at al.

51 more points to play for 21 points needed to reach 40,7 wins from 17 games remaining  :frantic:

Doesn’t look as good if you take the probability of it being 7 wins in 11 games or 21 points out of 33 when you take out the top 6 out. To be fair I don’t think it will be 40 points more like 36 or 37 this year. We need 4 or 5 top quality players to stop up and I just can’t see it.

We only need to go on a little run to get out of this. If we buy a proper striker in Jan we'll be fine - obviously someone who can play behind him too but I wouldn't hold out much hope for that, we could probably do with an experienced backup centre back too.

Think we need two. If whoever we get becomes injured we are back to Joselu.

Guest neesy111

We only need to go on a little run to get out of this. If we buy a proper striker in Jan we'll be fine - obviously someone who can play behind him too but I wouldn't hold out much hope for that, we could probably do with an experienced backup centre back too.

This is the biggest misconception about our issues, signing a decent striker doesn't mean you're guaranteed goals.  Crystal Palace have a £32m striker who's only scored once this season for example.

Our midfield is the biggest issue by a distance, every CM minus Merino has serious flaws with their play, Atsu's form is all-over the place at times and Ritchie's not done anything decent minus 1 game (vs West Brom) for months.

Our strikers are not getting many chances, so people lambast them when they miss them because we don't make that many.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s diffucult when a good number of our midfielders are in and out of the side mind. I’d like to see a 5 of Murphy, Merino, Hayden, Shelvey and Atsu with Gayle up top who has shown he can hold the ball up and bring others into it.

Guest neesy111

There's no certainty in signing a "proper" striker will keep us up at all.  Still got to create chances for them, what if they get out of form etc.

I still think our current strikers would score more goals if they had more genuine goal-scoring opportunities given to them and not half chances like they mostly are.

I mean I agree for the most part Neesy, but when we have two forwards and neither of them are creating anything they have to shoulder some blame. I like Gayle too but we can do better.

I mean personally Joselu would be the first player replaced for me but a 2nd striker/attacking midfielder just seems harder and pricier and I'm expecting a grim as fuck window. I think we need a backup CB as when Lascelles is out we literally concede 3+ goals a game for some reason :lol: It's not glamorous I kna.

Guest neesy111

I mean I agree for the most part Neesy, but when we have two forwards and neither of them are creating anything they have to shoulder some blame. I like Gayle too but we can do better.

I mean personally Joselu would be the first player replaced for me but a 2nd striker/attacking midfielder just seems harder and pricier and I'm expecting a grim as fuck window.

We need to sort the number 10 issue, I've said it all season it's our best issue as a team.  Problem is it's the hardest position in football to play.

But today for example, our midfield was found to be absolutely wanting all match.

Guest Howaythetoon

Gayle in a better set up would get 10 + easily.

I really think any striker would struggle with our current team tbh.

Agreed the way we are set up to play aye, but a bit more flexibility and support would see him reach double figures. It’s quite sad seeing your number 9 play almost as an auxiliary midfielder and at points demand his team mates push up more, all the more galling when the manager on the touch line is demonstrating shape and compactness... this while we have the ball and should be in a flowing move. Shelvey second half for example, the ball breaks free, he is on it and looks up and there is nowt. Cut to the touch line and Rafa is basically saying hold it, stay in position. No freedom to basically get at a team on the cuff which is what we lack and need in this position. Ironically we scored 3 away to West Ham in that kind of fashion. It’s highly frustrating and pisses me off no end.

It's an 7 for me we aren't down and bottom 8 all seem to be struggling but we can't seem to score, take the game to teams or have a plan b or c when things aren't going our way. Plus while i agree in many games we do try and seem to stick together the lack of quality at any position  means effort gets you so far say the bottom 5 of the league which is where I can see us coasting along for the remainder of the season unless we have a fantastic window or more teams wilt and crumble.

51 more points to play for 21 points needed to reach 40,7 wins from 17 games remaining  :frantic:

\

Not easy when you've only taken 5 from 36

What if we go on a run of getting 14 points from 21, across 7 games?

Show me a 7 game stretch in the remaining 17 where you think this is possible

\

Not easy when you've only taken 5 from 36

What if we go on a run of getting 14 points from 21, across 7 games?

Show me a 7 game stretch in the remaining 17 where you think this is possible

The next 7/8 games. Stoke, Swansea, Burnley, Palace, Bournemouth, Soton all in there.