Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest firetotheworks

It's just a different form of torture. Under McLaren it resulted in you envying the dead, under Rafa it's more of a psychological torture where you keep getting told you can walk free, then you go through the door to the same room you were trying to walk out of.

Five Thirty Eight now have seven teams finishing on 38 points or fewer. 36 points and second worse goal difference will save you.

I would normally think that was low, but with so many poor teams this year, there may be fewer "opposition on the beach" points to be had in April and May. They're usually a gimme with mid table opposition. A classic example would be Carver's last game against Fat Sam's West Ham.

Guest firetotheworks

30 points to keep you up, fucking hell man :lol:

Try it yourself, when you're doing it on a match by match basis it makes perfect sense. It's only when you look at the table that you see it's a bit dodgy. FWIW though, I do think we'll end on 34-37 points.

Try it yourself, when you're doing it on a match by match basis it makes perfect sense. It's only when you look at the table that you see it's a bit dodgy. FWIW though, I do think we'll end on 34-37 points.

I did one of these every single week from last Feb til the end of the season man :lol:

I said before the Stoke game that we'd need at least 5 wins, I think that'll stick us between 34 - 37 like.

Just did a predictor and had us 16th with 36pts.

On the final day, ourselves, Brighton, Huddersfield, Southampton and Watford are against the 'Big 6'.

For the record it had West Brom 19th (31pts), Stoke 18th (35pts), Huddersfield 17th (36pts), with us above on goal difference.

After 29 games I had us bottom, after the season was over 14th with 39 points. Swansea pipping Huddersfield to 17th spot on GD, with Southampton and WBA dropping too. I'm sure I've over estimated some teams, like bournemouth who are finishing 9th in my table on 48 points. Also the points tally is way too low on mine, 33 would make you safe.

Lesson learned, it's impossible to predict right now, way too many variables, over clubs's interest level in the PL games is the real key, along of course with form and luck of the teams in and around us.

I had us on 36 points finishing 14th. WBA 25, Swansea 28, and Southampton 31 being relegated. Stoke 32, BHA 34, and AFCB 35 below us, and Huddersfield 13th with 37, Watford 12th with 38, Palace 11th with 39, and West Ham in 10th with 44. All are quite low as I have gone on current position/form (not factored in inevitable upsets).

Edit: I only had us in the bottom three at wk29.

Truly does :lol: Every Southampton fixture my mind went "Well, they're on a poor run of form, surely can't win that one. At most a draw." and then they end up with 27 points at the end of it all :lol:

I think we’ll be fine regardless of the window activity but it’s going to be painful to watch and we’ll just do enough to finish between 13-16th place or something like that + or -.

Man we desperately need the takeover because I don’t think Rafa will honestly want to do this s*** again with mike Ashley making a mockery of him and this cloob.

I’m probably over simplifying things here so bare with me.

Would you back Carvalhal to get 7 more points with his Swansea team than Rafa can with ours?

Would you back that smarmy cunt to get 4 more points with that WBA team than Rafa?

Would you back Lambert to get 4 more points with that Stoke team?

If we beat West Brom then I genuinely can’t see any of those 3 catching, passing and staying ahead of us. I know we’re poor, I know we’re short in key areas but I keep forgetting how poor the rest of the teams down there are too. That’s totally ignoring any potential frefalls from Brighton, Huddersfield, Southampton and/or Watford. I’ll take the rose tinted specs off now.

Truly does :lol: Every Southampton fixture my mind went "Well, they're on a poor run of form, surely can't win that one. At most a draw." and then they end up with 27 points at the end of it all :lol:

Same here :lol:

Actually tempted to stick a few quid on them to go down now, it's a sign :frantic:

cJzPO6b.jpg

My table seemed pretty normal, we avoided the drop by 3 points on 38 I think. Then I realised I'd backed Everton to win about once the remainder of the season and to be relegated. :lol: f*** those things.

Fat Sam and Everton are a strange one, although they've got themselves out of the mess, they aren't clear yet and aren't in the best of form, Fat Sam's teams also have a tendency to switch off once they hit their target which is usually the 40 point mark. They do need to start winning again soon or they will be dragged into it again, like Watford have been, the same thing could have been said about Burnley too but they've already got enough points to be in cruise control for the rest of the season, the concern they should have is the number of goals they score 19 is pathetic for a team in 7th spot, even we've scored more, and only Swansea, WBA and Brighton have scored less. Form guide for the last 5 games has both teams bottom of the league with 2 draws and three defeats.