Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Out from Caulkin yet?

He's been shown to know very little about the whole episode tbh.

No he's been shown to have a line into the buyers, who are sticking to their guns about what happened.

Given Ashley is involved and the PL have taken the amount of time they have I know who I believe personally regardless of all this made up bollocks about Staveley being a chancer or whatever.

We have years of evidence of what Ashley is like.

If he has theyve been filling him with lies because most of what he's came out with these past few months has been well wide of the mark.

You've no fucking idea what you're talking about man. There's nothing to suggest that anything the buying party have said is bullshit.

I said from the start it wouldn't go through, Caulkin said it would. He knew fuck all, same as I did. Only difference was my gut feeling was right and his was wrong.

Well fucking done.

Everyone involved comes out of this looking pretty terrible, particularly the fat cunt and the PL albeit he won't give a flying shit. Obviously they were huge issues around being associated with such a toxic regime but this is still a hammer blow. Not just for the club but for the wider city too. Really disappointing. The new season has the potential to be absolutely fucking terrible for pretty much every angle you look at it.

Wow. I'm surprised, but not surprised. :lol: Exclusively reading the skysports report and the quotes, it simply seems as the investors were not going to hold up a massive amount of money that could be invested and grow elsewhere instead of being dicked around by the PL for an unlimited amount of time. Unless anything else has been reported by credible sources close to the deal, it doesn't look like Ashley is to blame for this one but rather the PL / member clubs. Shame that they have the power they do, and that NUFC as a business can't be bough and sold like any other business.

I'm too attached to this forum to leave entirely, but won't be watching football or taking notice of rumours/transfers, participating in FPL or anything from now on until the club is owned by someone that wants and tries to make it as good as it can be. Just cba with it anymore.

Excellent post

Ughhhh I can't even drink this away because it's on a fucking Thursday for fucks sake.

The dream would be Amanda and the Reubens come back for us. No idea if that's affordable for them or not but just having owners that will invest and try to improve each year. That's all I want. :lol:

Out from Caulkin yet?

No he's been shown to have a line into the buyers, who are sticking to their guns about what happened.

Given Ashley is involved and the PL have taken the amount of time they have I know who I believe personally regardless of all this made up bollocks about Staveley being a chancer or whatever.

If he has theyve been filling him with lies because most of what he's came out with these past few months has been well wide of the mark.

You've no f***ing idea what you're talking about man. There's nothing to suggest that anything the buying party have said is bullshit.

I said from the start it wouldn't go through, Caulkin said it would. He knew f*** all, same as I did. Only difference was my gut feeling was right and his was wrong.

Absolutely full of shit. You said he knew "very little" and are changing tack. Jog on.

There isn't a chance the PL passed PIF/PCP/RB. It would have been clearly stated by AS and in the statement. It was clear that there was literally no timeline or assurances it would ever pass, coupled with MA wanting to likely re-cut the deal with exclusivity ended. MA probably thought they'd never pass anyway and said you can tie it up for X price and X additional non-refundable money. The consortium said, fuck off.

Out from Caulkin yet?

You've no fucking idea what you're talking about man. There's nothing to suggest that anything the buying party have said is bullshit.

I said from the start it wouldn't go through, Caulkin said it would. He knew fuck all, same as I did. Only difference was my gut feeling was right and his was wrong.

Not sure Caulkin should be called out, he was relaying what was told to him by the buyers, problem is the PL seem to have changed the goalposts on a weekly basis.

Out from Caulkin yet?

You've no f***ing idea what you're talking about man. There's nothing to suggest that anything the buying party have said is bullshit.

I said from the start it wouldn't go through, Caulkin said it would. He knew f*** all, same as I did. Only difference was my gut feeling was right and his was wrong.

Absolutely full of shit. You said he knew "very little" and are changing tack. Jog on.

He knew next to nowt. That's why he got so much wrong. If you are struggling to understand that, that's fair enough.

Its all on the PL - corrupt to the core- bigger clubs didn't want this to happen  They are totally unaccountable can do what they want.

Them taking into consideration the opinions of the bigger PL clubs and Qatar was bang out of order. No way should any of their feelings have had any effect on this takeover.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53598846

They say they would have invested not only in the club, but also England's north-east region, and put the blame at the door of the Premier League. But with so much conjecture over human rights, plus television rights piracy concerns, league officials may be privately relieved the consortium has withdrawn its interest.

Many Newcastle United fans will no doubt see it very differently.

Its all on the PL - corrupt to the core- bigger clubs didn't want this to happen  They are totally unaccountable can do what they want.

Them taking into consideration the opinions of the bigger PL clubs and Qatar was bang out of order. No way should any of their feelings have had any effect on this takeover.

It's same as FFP - football now just protects the big clubs its all against other clubs crashing the party.  I am certain if it was Man U that had the bid it would have been pushed through. 

I feel nothing. Tried to be positive but the longer it went every hope kinda went down with every day and then week that passed. Maybe anger and resentment will hit later but right now I'm just numb. Thanks from me to everyone who stayed positive, those who told us legit ITK-ish stuff and those that gave us insight into the business side of things.

17 weeks man.

Fuck ashley, fuck bruce, fuck the corrupt premier league, fuck it im going for a pint.

It's same as FFP - football now just protects the big clubs its all against other clubs crashing the party.  I am certain if it was Man U that had the bid it would have been pushed through. 

Mental that other clubs can have a say, of course they are going to object when you are talking millions for finishing one place lower in the league.

I don’t get the uncertainty angle as one of the reasons for pulling the deal. Crowds will come back, fans would be falling over themselves once they were allowed back in, ticket sales are small beer in terms of revenue, the popularity of the PL will be unaffected by Covid and global exposure of the PL will only grow.

Opportunity to develop regions will be huge post Covid, the economy needs the boost and I’d expect Govt incentives.

We’re missing something here, given that the money the Saudis have and that they were going to be in for the long term so could ride the current effects of Covid I’m kind of leaning towards the belief that they couldn’t satisfy the tests.

Guess we’ll get a better clue if a new deal with someone else quickly comes to the fore. As much as he’s a twat it doesn’t look like Ashley is at fault here; if he gets a better deal he’ll be delighted if there’s no other deal £17M isn’t the outcome he’d want.

Out from Caulkin yet?

Absolutely full of s***. You said he knew "very little" and are changing tack. Jog on.

He knew next to nowt. That's why he got so much wrong. If you are struggling to understand that, that's fair enough.

Ok I'll bite, what did he/they get wrong other than a confidence they were answering the questions and it would eventually be approved? The only thing they appear to have got wrong to me is that they assumed the pl was working in good faith and that Ashley was a good faith seller.