Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Now that we know Ashley is a willing seller, he better do everything in his power to find a suitable buyer. He wants out. He's made it clear now.

This was during covid and the threat there would be no football/money.  Its back now so no reason to sell imo

Staveley insisted: “The piracy issue was not an issue but we tried to resolve it anyway.

Not an issue! What was all the fuss about?!

Thanks for that Mandy pet!

Read the Times article pal, football royalty clubs in the PL were putting pressure on behind the scenes. Football is a serious business, did you think the big boys were just going to sit back and let someone else roll in with big bucks without any opposition?

Perhaps today will go down as the day that NUFC in it's present incarnation, finally died. Henry Winters talks of other interest but who in their right mind is going to believe them?  Having the hope of things finally changing for the better taken away from you, is a real kick in the balls.  Supporters will continue to abandon this club in droves and it deserves it. Ashley won't be able to fill the place with free tickets, once supporters are allowed back in.

Cannny day at the office for him, mind - banking £17million for nothing. He's won again.

Staveley insisted: “The piracy issue was not an issue but we tried to resolve it anyway.

Not an issue! What was all the fuss about?!

Thanks for that Mandy pet!

Even now, trying to rile people up :lol: got to admire it in a strange way. A troll doing his finest work

So either:

(a) PL gave their approval but Ashley agreed a higher price with Mauriss, which PIF wouldn't match

(b) PL didn't give their approval but it was because of Saudi involvement, rather than piracy.

Is that right?

Like so much on here, (a) is a forum fever dream that has absolutely no basis in reality.

Take care guys. Good luck to those following the team after this still. I wish everyone well. But like others this was the last straw for me. I've been slowly caring less and less over the Ashley years, there was a glimmer of hope with Rafa and then this potential takeover but its over.

Such a shame, for something I have had a massive passion for since a very young age.

Perhaps now I can put the hours of time wasted over Newcastle into something more productive.

Take care guys. Good luck to those following the team after this still. I wish everyone well. But like others this was the last straw for me. I've been slowly caring less and less over the Ashley years, there was a glimmer of hope with Rafa and then this potential takeover but its over.

Such a shame, for something I have had a massive passion for since a very young age.

Perhaps now I can put the hours of time wasted over Newcastle into something more productive.

Same. Been on here since 2005 almost every day and I've had enough of this club now under this horrible cunt. We spend everyday coming on the forum hoping for something better for what?

Good luck guys.

Echo this. I’m out. Gutted, but expected, this happened. EPL exsists only for the top 6. The rest are just there for the rich to collect points from and farm players from. Good luck to those that continue supporting. You must really love torturing yourself.

I'm coming to conclusion the issue was the link of the KSA and PIF which you can't get around.

Yup but given other wealth funds own clubs it makes little sense.

The purpose of the test was to ensure clubs weren’t being ran out of business.the PL haven’t applied it in good faith imo

Now that we know Ashley is a willing seller, he better do everything in his power to find a suitable buyer. He wants out. He's made it clear now.

This was during covid and the threat there would be no football/money.  Its back now so no reason to sell imo

Football won't be back this year, there is no chance of fans getting into the Stadium once the 2nd wave hits

So either:

(a) PL gave their approval but Ashley agreed a higher price with Mauriss, which PIF wouldn't match

(b) PL didn't give their approval but it was because of Saudi involvement, rather than piracy.

Is that right?

C) PL didn't give approval because they're corrupt and wanted to protect the bigger clubs

If there are other bidder in the ring, which in itself is dubious, I really hope that Mauriss guy isn't one otlf them, he just seems like Stewart Donald MK2.

My preference has always been that Mexican group tbh. Not sure what happened to them mind.

Guest neesy111

I'm coming to conclusion the issue was the link of the KSA and PIF which you can't get around.

Yup but given other wealth funds own clubs it makes little sense.

The purpose of the test was to ensure clubs weren’t being ran out of business.the PL haven’t applied it in good faith imo

Well the only example in the PL is City.