Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If I was cynical which I am, as Amanda S knew the deal was dead the moment PIF made the withdrawal announcement, maybe she rallied the troops in a desperate bid to prove to any new investor that she was indispensable in any new takeover bid?

Imagine how gutted she would be if, after all her efforts over 3 years, a person/group came in and bought her beloved NUFC without her being involved.  Maybe she was trying to ensure, as much as she could, that no-one should buy NUFC without getting her on board?

Masters is answering those specific questions about that specific point in time, for sure. It doesn’t have anything encouraging in it, but it doesn’t necessarily mean things haven’t happened since then.

Obviously I’m assuming it’s off, but I always was. Be pleasantly surprised if anything happens now.

Must have been a quick convo, the letter was dated today.

What do you mean?

Masters is answering those specific questions about that specific point in time, for sure. It doesn’t have anything encouraging in it, but it doesn’t necessarily mean things haven’t happened since then.

Obviously I’m assuming it’s off, but I always was. Be pleasantly surprised if anything happens now.

Must have been a quick convo, the letter was dated today.

What do you mean?

Fuck it, I misread your post.

The offer clearly was genuine and literally failed due to premier league approval.

I’m not sure what people’s beef with Staveley could be over this mind. I could understand if it was fake bids and such again but this was literally ready to go

Her request for fans to now do their part. That's all. There's nothing we can do.

Yeah, that bit is puzzling indeed. I can only Guess she hoped it might pressure the premier league into a u-turn. Interesting precedent they have set with this though.

Is the reason not just down to PR? Shifts the focus off them and plays right into the boiling ill-will of fans toward the Premier League, engulfs the media's attention in picking apart the fallout too.

I seriously doubt she believed the deal could be resurrected, more of a case of not looking totally inept.

Guest neesy111

The offer clearly was genuine and literally failed due to premier league approval.

I’m not sure what people’s beef with Staveley could be over this mind. I could understand if it was fake bids and such again but this was literally ready to go

Her request for fans to now do their part. That's all. There's nothing we can do.

Yeah, that bit is puzzling indeed. I can only Guess she hoped it might pressure the premier league into a u-turn. Interesting precedent they have set with this though.

Is the reason not just down to PR? Shifts the focus off them and plays right into the boiling ill-will of fans toward the Premier League, engulfs the media's attention in picking apart the fallout too.

I seriously doubt she believed the deal could be resurrected, more of a case of not looking totally inept.

I always thought this at the back of my mind, the way she was communicating straight after it.

Surely she'd know though, that eventually, the truth would come out.

She could end up looking more silly than just being honest in the first instance.

Guest neesy111

I wonder what all of the crap about Ashley personally working hard to resurrect the deal etc. Basically begging PIF to come back then?

Guessing this would be legal stuff with the PL?

There’s an awful lot that hasn’t been covered off in that letter and I guess we’ll never know. The PL has seemingly gone beyond the remit of the O&D test as it stands but hasn’t said why or who the influencers were for this. How did this get played out in the public domain allowing all manner of condemnation from people and organisations that had their own agenda.

If this had been conducted confidentially, would it have passed? I’m not arguing that it should have passed but we’ve clearly been treat in a different way to other tests. The process for this takeover needs dissecting to see what exactly went on.

Oh, if it is dead as it seems Staveley needs to come out and say so. She might not think it’s been handled fairly but please stop the charade. If it isn’t dead she really needs to come out with something in response to that letter.

Guest neesy111

It may well be Pr but given she has no control over the outcome I’m inclined to give the benefit of the doubt.

She’s probably wondering why they had no issue with questionable owners before but now they do.

Who was the last state to try and buy a PL club?

So so the only step now for this to go through would be going to court to decide if the Saudi state is a separate entity from PIF.

Nope. It’s over. PIF are finished with the deal. Move on to the next buyer. It will be cheaper in the championship like.

It may well be Pr but given she has no control over the outcome I’m inclined to give the benefit of the doubt.

She’s probably wondering why they had no issue with questionable owners before but now they do.

This state, this week

william-storey-weve-got-the-money-to-save-force-india.jpg

So so the only step now for this to go through would be going to court to decide if the Saudi state is a separate entity from PIF.

Don't do it to yourself mate.

It's done.

There's nothing left for me at this club now (again) until someone else tries to buy us.

My post didn’t mention states. Also a state wasn’t trying to buy us a sovereign wealth fund was.

Surely she'd know though, that eventually, the truth would come out.

She could end up looking more silly than just being honest in the first instance.

Sure it will, but the momentum from the initial shock-and-awe withdrawal announcement has been somewhat sapped away, wouldn't you agree? The national press have largely moved onto covering the European finals currently going on and transfer sagas.

Getting some space away from that time-period still works out better than none at all

Plus she (and the other parties) have been able to dictate a relentless PR charm offensive in the meantime, all shaped to discredit the Premier League's objectivity in regards to the process, rather than allowing (much) attention to circulate on the weaknesses in their bid. Consequently, it's led a lot of the fanbase to become completely entrenched behind the viewpoint that NUFC have been victimized, lowering the chances that the same fans would form the opinion that they've actually been let down by the consortium in how they've conducted themselves through the process.

Yeah they'd look silly even now, but the blistering fallout isn't as severe

Just my take on it anyway

I think the PL would have passed this, which is why they gave assurances it would.  Then the shit show started and they realised it may be best if they found a way to stop it being passed. Hence requiring MBS to be tested. They are in their right to require this but I think they were influenced by BeIN to go down that road. PIF either are too proud to have MBS go through the test or he is just that dodgy they know he wouldn’t pass anyway.

Guest Howaythetoon

This.is.dead

Ah well, Gateshead, Newcastle Blue Star it is or more likely that’s me done with footy now once and for all (other than my son’s footy)!