Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Fucking hell. PIF have released a statement saying they're out. The Prem have released a statement saying the buyers have withdrawn.

Yet people are still clinging on that it's still happening.

Seriously boys, don't do it to yourselves man.

This

Done and dusted now, IMO.

Ashley is owner ad infinitum. No one in their right mind would be seeking to buy a football club at the moment (due to Covid), nevermind give him the price he wants.

Aye. He'll be here when things start to pick back up and will hardly be a willing seller then, far more likely he'll stick around a while longer to claw back what's been lost. We've gone back to 2009 and what followed that will follow this.

Was scarcely interested during that time. Can eff right off if I'm investing in any way in the next era.

She sounds like she's back tracking & lashing out.

I think the exact opposite.  Strange that eh judge?

It's blown my mind.

It hasn't with mine.  Only because you are a total wind up merchant.  Go on, say something nice about Newcastle, I dare you.

We'll not get relegated this season

We will like.

Fucking no chance Rod mate.

I fail to see how with Steve Bruce and Mike Ashley at the helm, we stand a hopes hell in staying up.

We'll not get relegated this season

We will like.

Fucking no chance Rod mate.

I fail to see how with Steve Bruce and Mike Ashley at the helm, we stand a hopes hell in staying up.

Well obviously the judge thinks we have Levy at the helm and Poch as manager.  That's the only reason I see in his prediction.

From what Staveley and the PL have said it sounds like they wanted to actually apply the O&D test to the Saudi state

The PL's rules are really specific as to what the process should be, they require the PL to issue written notice of disqualification upon becoming aware of any disqualifying event (including not providing relevant information about any other individual who would qualify as a director but has not been disclosed).

There is absolutely no provision or allowance in their rules for the back-and-forward they have been engaging in or for independent arbitration before a decision is issued. The rules are clear that upon becoming aware of any disqualifying event written notice of disqualification is issued.

They clearly haven't carried out this process in accordance with their rules. In accordance with their rules they should have issued a written decision and the buyers would have had the right to appeal to a judicial panel.

It's blown my mind.

It hasn't with mine.  Only because you are a total wind up merchant.  Go on, say something nice about Newcastle, I dare you.

I did, I said we wont go down this season! Thats the biggest compliment you can pay us under Ashley!

Guest Cheesy Beans

From what Staveley and the PL have said it sounds like they wanted to actually apply the O&D test to the Saudi state

The PL's rules are really specific as to what the process should be, they require the PL to issue written notice of disqualification upon becoming aware of any disqualifying event (including not providing relevant information about any other individual who would qualify as a director but has not been disclosed).

There is absolutely no provision or allowance in their rules for the back-and-forward they have been engaging in or for independent arbitration before a decision is issued. The rules are clear that upon becoming aware of any disqualifying event written notice of disqualification is issued.

They clearly haven't carried out this process in accordance with their rules. In accordance with their rules they should have issued a written decision and the buyers would have had the right to appeal to a judicial panel.

:thup:

Done and dusted now, IMO.

Ashley is owner ad infinitum. No one in their right mind would be seeking to buy a football club at the moment (due to Covid), nevermind give him the price he wants.

Roma got bought for €600m a few weeks ago. At last it looks like Ashley actually badly wants to sell

It's blown my mind.

I did, I said we wont go down this season! Thats the biggest compliment you can pay us under Ashley!

And your thoughts on the NUST push for answers from the EPL?  It was thrown back in my face and your comments were no less piss taking. You attempted to make me out a fool when I dared to suggest taking the bullying EPL on.  You are no Newcastle fan and I know it.  Do one!