Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

This is better than the football tbh

We're actually attacking.

:lol:

On the subject, I find it difficult to infer this puts the deal back on.

More Ashley is fuming and wants compensation. I mean I no other industry would you see a business takeover blocked in such ways. Ashley can’t sell his asset because of a third party quasi regulator :lol:

More Ashley is fuming and wants compensation. I mean I no other industry would you see a business takeover blocked in such ways. Ashley can’t sell his asset because of a third party quasi regulator :lol:

Exactly. PIF could be calling for a review of the decision or looking into legal action, maybe they are but this is just Ashley trying to get some compensation. 17m isnt enough apparently.

Sometimes it takes a dick to fuck an areshole. *insert Team America gif*

The Competition & Markets Authority can block takeovers in other industries. They’re an independent body though, not the owner of a market deciding who’s allowed to join that market.

I think it’s definitely over, I don’t think PIF will be back. The club might win any court case but I think Ashley would get some compo at best.

Disagree this will be over turned on appeal, or miraculously approval will be given in coming weeks/months.

Eh. A bit too much Ashley cheering on twitter. He's still the enemy.

Can't help but feel this was his aim.

The whole situation is bizarre in a way that only Newcastle could manage it

People now cheering on ‘friend of the takeover’ Mike Ashley to ultimately get rid of ‘worst owner ever’ Mike Ashley  :idiot2:

Guest Cheesy Beans

Must be some impressive backtracking from NUST on the way.

After all, it wasn’t that long ago after their tea party with Masters they were telling us how sincere he was. The club now coming out and specifically accusing him of not acting appropriately.

Once again, they stick their finger in the air before making a decision on which side to hop into bed with, after lobbying for membership (£££) on the back of a crisis.

I can't imagine Staveley and Co. being too interested in acquiring a team that's not allowed to play, in all honesty

I think the PL with a Covid crisis, tv rebates and Chinese tv deal collapsing to deal with, might not fancy an expensive legal battle at the minute.

It might be exactly the right time to call their bluff.

After all, it wasn’t that long ago after their tea party with Masters they were telling us how sincere he was. The club now coming out and specifically accusing him of not acting appropriately.

Once again, they stick their finger in the air before making a decision on which side to hop into bed with, after lobbying for membership (£££) on the back of a crisis.

NUST have done literally nothing wrong in this.

You’re a moron.

Guest neesy111

You’re a moron.

I wouldn't bother with him.

NUST have done literally nothing wrong in this.

Dont start turning on each other now, when now we should be united more than ever against the PL.........splitters!

I'm willing to retract my statement that there was nothing going on. Obviously something was, but don't see how this is going to get PIF back, and isn't just a tactic for Ashley to get a bit of money out of the PL. Even if he's right and wins, he gets compensation....probably top 6 funded, but it doesn't bring the actual investors back, just shows the PL being questionable in behavior. May be some longer term implications in the longer term, but I think the best we would see out of it is Masters resigning with a promise to review the OD test