Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The PL have now lost a lucrative tv deal in China and now face an expensive legal battle potentially. This alongside crowds being unlikely to be back in October now, can only mean more potential rebates to tv companies.

Masters and Hoffman are under serious pressure now, basically if PIF are considered a separate entity by governments and business, and let’s face it the U.K. govt called them a company in the commons, we could get our wish after all.

I don’t understand the positivity. The talking behind the scenes has ended in failure.

Hopefully something comes of the league action but essentially all the talking has to official rejection

Yea I’m a bit baffled by this. That’s how I see it too.

You can't "sue" until the bid is first rejected.

You can't "appeal" until there is something to appeal against.

That is why everyone (well, some of us) are so positive now, even a little bit more positive than we always have been.

If you don't get accepted when it clearly (Chelsea/Man City-wise) should be, then a clear rejection is the next best thing.

That Club Statement by Ashley leaves absolutely NO room for doubt, none whatsoever.

He wouldn't have said any of that if he wasn't very, very certain of his ground, and by that I mean his 'legal' ground.

Off we go !!

It really is quite absurd this whole O&D test.  The reason it was brought in was to protect the club from new owners that couldn't support it financially or from criminal elements.  Now it seems to have evolved into some else entirely.

You have a willing buyer, a willing seller and a fan base that is 95% behind the takeover and yet the O&D test is being used to stop the sale.  Seriously what the f*** is going on as its clearly a restriction of trade.

:clap: :clap:

This is what I feel too. I will never understand how a takeover, where every party in the buying and selling side has agreed, can be stopped by the league.

Surely the purpose of the statement is to pile pressure on the EPL in the run up to any appeal / court case. Imagine the UK government saying PIF is a separate legal identity prior to any court action. It will be interesting to see if MA follows a sports appeal route or simply goes to the High Court for restraint of trade. The latter I hope.

Man that video of Masters, he looks far less smug now doesn’t he.

I really thought this was dead as a dodo but I think some of us including me owe Manorpark an apology.

Sorry buddy, you were not wrong!

Well he was. He suggested on many occasions the ‘talking behind the scenes’ would lead to takeover being accepted......

.....PL rejected it

I hope in the long run he’s right and it gets overturned on appeal or something

I don’t understand the positivity. The talking behind the scenes has ended in failure.

Hopefully something comes of the league action but essentially all the talking has to official rejection

Yeah, but the PL have now finally been forced to make a decision and now there are courses of action available. Prior to that they had pushed the consortium in to limbo with no recourse.

Rejection is obviously a blow but the positives are:

- The consortium still want this.

- They and Ashley now have something they can fight rather than being wrapped up by the PLs faffing.

- The PL will have to defend their position to a (assumed impartial) 3rd party...be it CAS or high court

PL are fucked here like... As are all of those who doubted it was ongoing.

The PL have 19 clubs who are probably not in favour of the takeover with a lot of financial and legal aid available f the PL need it. The one that's fucked is us, I'm pretty sure that there is no way Ashley can do anything to get PIF accepted by the PL, unless PIF decide to answer the questions they were asked and cooperate.

It’s pretty damming that people thought the PL were bent as a bacon hook before they appear to have proved it themselves. Masters will have to fall on his sword if this goes legal.

PL are fucked here like... As are all of those who doubted it was ongoing.

The PL have 19 clubs who are probably not in favour of the takeover with a lot of financial and legal aid available f the PL need it. The one that's fucked is us, I'm pretty sure that there is no way Ashley can do anything to get PIF accepted by the PL, unless PIF decide to answer the questions they were asked and cooperate.

That would be outright collusion and completely unfair.