Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Are the Premier League so married to the idea of stopping the Saudi’s that they’re going to be happy to pay what would likely be very lengthy and expensive court proceedings?

The PL are not a cash rich organisation either, the operation is actually quite small. This could get very tasty, especially in the current climate.

One things for sure other clubs will be fucking furious  :lol:

If the PL has the financial support of those other clubs they'll be alright. £10million off each of them should see them alright.

Can't see many clubs happy to lose 10/20million just to keep the PL going. Would imagine if the PL lose and have a massive bill, the clubs would let them go to the wall and just set up a new league organisation...Ultra League or something along those lines

Neither can I. That was a starting point. But I'm sure a scale could work. £50M a piece from Man U&C, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal would do it.

Wouldnt be permitted by PL rules

Are the Premier League so married to the idea of stopping the Saudi’s that they’re going to be happy to pay what would likely be very lengthy and expensive court proceedings?

The PL are not a cash rich organisation either, the operation is actually quite small. This could get very tasty, especially in the current climate.

If the PL has the financial support of those other clubs they'll be alright. £10million off each of them should see them alright.

Can't see many clubs happy to lose 10/20million just to keep the PL going. Would imagine if the PL lose and have a massive bill, the clubs would let them go to the wall and just set up a new league organisation...Ultra League or something along those lines

Neither can I. That was a starting point. But I'm sure a scale could work. £50M a piece from Man U&C, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal would do it.

Think the PL have shown that they are quite happy to ignore their own rules when it suits them.

Also the mentioned clubs would probably the most reluctant to contribute anything to save them, considering they frequently try and argue that they should get a bigger share of the broadcasting money anyway

Think the PL have shown that they are quite happy to ignore their own rules when it suits them.

Also the mentioned clubs would probably the most reluctant to contribute anything to save them, considering they frequently try and argue that they should get a bigger share of the broadcasting money anyway

This could be a way of negotiating such a deal.

If PIF have walked away, I'm not sure how much difference this will make. Great viewing though.

At this stage I'm thinking the PL will be more determined than ever to refuse the takeover. But even without the takeover I want them getting hammered financially, even if it all goes to Ashley.

Would a legal firm check to make sure they have a case before taking it on. Wouldn’t have thought a law firm would risk tarnishing their name by taking a case on they would have no chance of winning.

I'm fairly sure the club/buyers have some form of assurance that there is a case, you don't got this far on impulse.

Would a legal firm check to make sure they have a case before taking it on. Wouldn’t have thought a law firm would risk tarnishing their name by taking a case on they would have no chance of winning.

I've no doubt that has a bearing but they can be mistaken. Either way they get paid.

If PIF have walked away, I'm not sure how much difference this will make. Great viewing though.

At this stage I'm thinking the PL will be more determined than ever to refuse the takeover. But even without the takeover I want them getting hammered financially, even if it all goes to Ashley.

Why? Wouldn’t that be the worst possible outcome?

Guest reefatoon

If they refuse it then fine, we can go into the appeal process. They are going to find it impossible to carry on with the "no decisions either way" retort that they have been handing out though.

I think they should just sack Masters and approve our takeover ASAP to avoid further proceedings

This...

It's rare to see someone starting legal action unless they're pretty confident of winning.

Apart from the weirdos who constantly bring up ridiculous cases (think its called vexatious litigation?)

Obviously I want the takeover first and foremost, but even if we don't get that, it would still feel good to see the PL taken to the cleaners. They deserve it as far as I'm concerned, they wrecked our future.

This could be a way of negotiating such a deal.

The clubs won’t be able to negotiate and agree. £20m could just be wiped off everyone.

Which brings another problem - why would Leeds Fulham Brom pay for decisions taken when they weren’t members? Do you make Bournemouth Watford and Norwich suffer as a result? Did they even have a say

I think they should just sack Masters and approve our takeover ASAP to avoid further proceedings

They should, but during the course of this process they have shown themselves to be remarkably determined to stop us by any means necessary.

Obviously I want the takeover first and foremost, but even if we don't get that, it would still feel good to see the PL taken to the cleaners. They deserve it as far as I'm concerned, they wrecked our future.

Yeah this is where I am too. Obviously we all want it to lead to the takeover but if the PL are deemed to be guilty I’d like to see them taken to the cleaners.

Aye, but even if it goes to Ashley? Ashley has been wrecking our future for 13 years.

Aye, but even if it goes to Ashley? Ashley has been wrecking our future for 13 years.

Yes but then he finally offered us a way out by agreeing to sell. He can't be blamed for this, so I want the PL to pay.

They should, but during the course of this process they have shown themselves to be remarkably determined to stop us by any means necessary.

I don’t think they expect this to go that nasty. Well done Ashley lol

Seriously I genuinely think they expected a shut up and carry on attitude for us. Legal proceedings with a chance of bankruptcy is not something they would and could take. As I said if PL end up need extra funds from the members why would those clubs pay for it? They will just join us instead and raise their own legal case.

This is a nuclear war. Masters ask for this.