Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Lotttt of belt-tightening measures going on in KSA at the moment so I still don't think it's a given that they'll be back in one way or another. Still, it'd be nice to see the PL dragged through the s*** for their handling of this whole affair.

Wouldn't it be fair to say that this is not a frivolous purchase but a key part of MBS Vision2030 plan? Are they cutting back on this project too?

Guest Howaythetoon

Hey HTT[/member] What does your best mate at PCP make of this?

Back on, will be announced 3.00pm Friday Mexican time, Big Mike to buy pizza for the whole of Newcastle  :rolleyes:

"The league are understood to feel that, with legal backing, the Saudi state could exert influence over the football club and would in effect be a ‘shadow director’."

Extract form the Gazette article.

This has been bubbling away in my head for awhile now.... So fucking what if MBS could control shit going on at NUFC?  What is it that he could do that has them worried?

If it's true that they are meant to redo the checks on every club every 12 months then this is how they tackle this potential problem. Approve the deal then in 12 months, if there seems to have been influence from MBS, then do something about it.

"The league are understood to feel that, with legal backing, the Saudi state could exert influence over the football club and would in effect be a ‘shadow director’."

This has been bubbling away in my head for awhile now.... So f***ing what if MBS could control s*** going on at NUFC?  What is it that he could do that has them worried?

If it's true that they are meant to redo the checks on every club every 12 months then this is how they tackle this potential problem. Approve the deal then in 12 months, if there seems to have been influence from MBS, then do something about it.

Good point give them benefit of doubt, the level of investment at risk warrants it.

This has been bubbling away in my head for awhile now.... So fucking what if MBS could control shit going on at NUFC?  What is it that he could do that has them worried?

Not only every year, they can disqualify directors at any time 'upon becoming aware' of any disqualifying event.

Back on, will be announced 3.00pm Friday Mexican time, Big Mike to buy pizza for the whole of Newcastle  :rolleyes:

Nice pizza or standard takeaway fair mate?

Except they probably don’t review clubs every year.

I agree but then that's the PL's problem, not ours.

This is of course dependant on if it is actually written somewhere that they do re-check club's owners. They should do if they have to pass this test in the first instance.

Homemade, made out of a hollowed out stottie.

Shields gazette isn’t exactly a bastion of Journalism mine.

Disagree with this. I’ve said months ago they oddly been ahead of the others with the takeover if nothing else.

Liam Kennedy has been very on the ball through this, probably on half the money of Ryder and Edwards but seems to have some knowledge and sources.

Homemade, made out of a hollowed out stottie.

Yorkshire pudding.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Ashley’s sole purpose of legal action is to try and force the sale - legal action is supported by the consortium.

Compensation would be nominal and pointless in comparison to actually getting the sale through, which is what he wants/needs.