Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Be careful what you wish for. If Ashley gets big compo he’s not gonna sell. Only reason he’s selling is he needs the money

We need to know what his legal action is for first.

Yes I know, it was directed to the people saying he wins compo from PL

Are the Premier League so married to the idea of stopping the Saudi’s that they’re going to be happy to pay what would likely be very lengthy and expensive court proceedings?

The PL are not a cash rich organisation either, the operation is actually quite small. This could get very tasty, especially in the current climate.

One things for sure other clubs will be f***ing furious  :lol:

I believe the clubs can vote to fund the legal action. I doubt cash will be a problem for the PL.

So he's already contradicting the 'not about compensation' line.

He is Journalistic Bumwarts - Lowe than even Ryder.

I believe the clubs can vote to fund the legal action. I doubt cash will be a problem for the PL.

I think, if that happens, it will tell quite a lot of the story. Very visibly.

Are the Premier League so married to the idea of stopping the Saudi’s that they’re going to be happy to pay what would likely be very lengthy and expensive court proceedings?

The PL are not a cash rich organisation either, the operation is actually quite small. This could get very tasty, especially in the current climate.

I think if it comes to throwing in tens of millions per club, most of them will think fuck that, let the Saudis have Newcastle after all.

You sure with tv rebates owed due to covid, reduced income and wages at same level. I would doubt clubs will be willing to fund this legal fight at the moment.

I'm not bothered what Ashley's motivations are at this stage, if I'm honest.  The whole thing feels wrong and corrupt to me and I'd like to see the PL take a kicking about it out of principle, if there's wrongdoing to expose.  I reckon this has been coming for some time and is the reason that the Premier League couldn't appoint a new chief executive for more than about 48 hours at a time :)  Nobody wanted to be at the helm for this.  That lad who stood down before he started desperately briefing his own personal life to the papers so he could stand down and not have to take on Saudi Arabia :lol:

I can imagine Charnley voting in favour of giving them money for a legal fight against us, incompetent cunt.

If I am Man Utd I may vote for funding but if I am Leeds why would I? Newcastle owned by Saudi in fact hurt top 6 significantly more than the rest

The Leeds owner is friends with the Qatari’s. They will vote to provide funds.

As for everyone else, no one knows.

I’m back to thinking this will go through now by the New Year.

I think there's definitely reason to feel optimistic at this point. There's clearly still a chance we'll get the outcome we all want and money does usually win.

If I am Man Utd I may vote for funding but if I am Leeds why would I? Newcastle owned by Saudi in fact hurt top 6 significantly more than the rest

There's not a club in the league that values potentially millions of pounds of lost revenue higher than keeping the PL organisation afloat in the event they have to pay out significant compensation.

It would be quicker, simpler and cheaper for them just to form a new organisation and let the existing one take the fall.

No matter what though it's going to be wonderfully messy.

Apparently all the prospective owners have been passed but the Premier League won’t sign off as they fear someone else will be in charge, I.E. MBS.

Technically the only mechanism the PL have to resist the sale is by failing one or more of the prospective directors under rule F.1.1.1. If the PL have actually passed them there would be nothing to prevent the sale going through, so I think the Shields Gazette have probably misinterpreted that point.

The PL's legal insurers could potentially end up deciding this. I think there is a very good chance that they will take one look at this mess and require the PL resolve it out of court.

Can't believe no one picked up on this.

All this talk of suing the PL out of existence seems a bit silly; there is no way an organisation with the kind of liability exposure that the PL has doesn't have extensive legal insurance.

The point that they may end up being the true wielders of power is an interesting one, and not to be discounted :thup:

Apparently all the prospective owners have been passed but the Premier League won’t sign off as they fear someone else will be in charge, I.E. MBS.

Where is this from mate?

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/revealed-reasons-mike-ashley-has-instructed-legal-examination-newcastle-united-takeover-tests-premier-league-2970679