Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If these have been retained by only Ashley am I correct in thinking it doesn’t necessarily mean the deal is back on? He just wants compensation?

Quite possibly, that was my first thought too.  Probably an unpopular opinion but I hope he gets it tbh

You must've missed Steve's comments about how Mike only wants what's best for the club.

Mind you, it's not like what you're saying is implausible. But I think, if this was purely a personal venture regarding his compensation, the various soundbites about still being committed to the sale will have been quite dispicably misleading. :lol: Which he is obviously capable of, of course.

Lets just say this goes to court or whatever and Ashley wins his case, then what?  He'll get financial compo or something?

There is also the matter of what is revealed, that has previously been hidden, in the court proceedings. I guess there is a chance that the consortium could use some of that info to their advantage.

What still doesn't add up is the stuff about whether or not the PL have actually 'rejected' the takeover. Do you think, at this point, it's a case of Ashley/NUFC simply interpreting their actions as having rejected the takeover - I.e. it's been 'rejected' in all but name and progress from this point is impossible - even though the PL might argue that they haven't officially done so?

What still doesn't add up is the stuff about whether or not the PL have actually 'rejected' the takeover. Do you think, at this point, it's a case of Ashley/NUFC simply interpreting their actions as having rejected the takeover - I.e. it's been 'rejected' in all but name and progress from this point is impossible - even though the PL might argue that they haven't officially done so?

It will be a constructive rejection argument

Then I suppose that's where his legal team need to earn their money.

Whilst the PL may not have formally 'rejected' it, despite what Ashley says, by their own rules if they haven't had the requested information (as they claim), then they should have disqualified the 'director' i.e. PIF.

However, Ashley is arguing that the club has sent through evidence of the separation between PIF and the KSA, so again, if that is not good enough for the PL, then by their rules, surely they should have disqualified PIF, which as majority director/shareholder must lead to a rejection?

Hopefully its part of the narrative, and will lead to an approval at some point.

#Clutching

Are the Premier League so married to the idea of stopping the Saudi’s that they’re going to be happy to pay what would likely be very lengthy and expensive court proceedings?

There's surely some upper bound they're willing to give over as some kind of token gesture to make all this go away but there's no chance Ashley would settle for anything short of the full selling price he was about to get :lol:

Are the Premier League so married to the idea of stopping the Saudi’s that they’re going to be happy to pay what would likely be very lengthy and expensive court proceedings?

The PL are not a cash rich organisation either, the operation is actually quite small. This could get very tasty, especially in the current climate.

One things for sure other clubs will be fucking furious  :lol:

Whilst the PL may not have formally 'rejected' it, despite what Ashley says, by their own rules if they haven't had the requested information (as they claim), then they should have disqualified the 'director' i.e. PIF.

However, Ashley is arguing that the club has sent through evidence of the separation between PIF and the KSA, so again, if that is not good enough for the PL, then by their rules, surely they should have disqualified PIF, which as majority director/shareholder must lead to a rejection?

Hopefully its part of the narrative, and will lead to an approval at some point.

#Clutching

I don't think you're clutching that much, I think that's probably the crux of the argument.

If it's true that the PL avoided making a decision to pacify those parties who were heaping pressure on (broadcast partners and elite organisation members), then surely that's what 'our' lawyers will be instructed to prove?

I wonder what their hourly rate is.

#Clutching

I don't think you're clutching that much, I think that's probably the crux of the argument.

If it's true that the PL avoided making a decision to pacify those parties who were heaping pressure on (broadcast partners and elite organisation members), then surely that's what 'our' lawyers will be instructed to prove?

I wonder what their hourly rate is.

Will be in the thousands per hour.