Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Ashley is unpredictable and will do whatever the fuck he wants. How is that a shock to anyone here? Ohhh he’s being nice he wants to stay. Ohhh he’s quiet he wants to leave.

He’s been called a hypocrite on live tv. Roundly slaughtered for coming out with this statement while taking season ticket money

If we were really at the ‘make room in the fridge’ stage, why would he even bother? Unpredictable or not why bring heat on yourself to the point your PR man needs to go on sky when it won’t even be your concern in a few weeks time.

It all points to him being here for a while yet

Ashley is unpredictable and will do whatever the fuck he wants. How is that a shock to anyone here? Ohhh he’s being nice he wants to stay. Ohhh he’s quiet he wants to leave.

He’s been called a hypocrite on live tv. Roundly slaughtered for coming out with this statement while taking season ticket money

If we were really at the ‘make room in the fridge’ stage, why would he even bother? Unpredictable or not why bring heat on yourself to the point your PR man needs to go on sky when it won’t even be your concern in a few weeks time.

It all points to him being here for a while yet

If we really were at the #fridge stage there would be a period of at least about 3 days between the OK being given by the PL and the ownership formally changing.

Whether or not we're actually in that period the consortium would almost certainly want input on decisions that affect the future of the club / PL at this stage, such as today's meeting.

I know Ashley is unpredictable, but that statement is so out of character that it can't actually be from him. I can see Ashley seeing the financial benefit in charging less to sell more, but suggesting giving away 50% of the profits?! That's not our Mike.

Aye, that letter appears desperate to me and despite it expressing desire to resolve quickly, it looks exactly like the sort of thing that could take months or years.

I hope this is a separate thing entirely and not what we thought was going on in the background.

Guest Howaythetoon

Penn can’t possibly be Luke Edwards. He’s too dull, monotonous and wide of the mark to be him, and he’s a cunt.

Interesting approach. So completely separate to Ashley's legal tactic?

Think these are the separate group of individuals that had been threatening to take the league to court.

Ahh ok. Nothing of any substance then. That's a shame. Will wait for the statement Mimms is talking about.....

Having read it...I don’t think it’s anything to get excited about

Nah. Nothing in that. Even if they’re successful it doesn’t mean PIF will come back.