Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Jacobs inferring that any resolution before the 'off season' unlikely unless the takeover can be agreed pending some sort of Middle Eastern agreement on the Bein situation.

Fucking bored with this shit now.

Or speed up the takeover and we’ll restore beIN back in Saudi Arabia

Jacobs inferring that any resolution before the 'off season' unlikely unless the takeover can be agreed pending some sort of Middle Eastern agreement on the Bein situation.

A very legitimate demand imo, and not unreasonable considering what's happened.

Not the news that we wanted but not bad news either. It was never going to be shouted about if Bein were allowed back in, but the fact that they are open to discussions means this could all happen under the radar.

Aye but not unreasonable to have hoped for some actual fucking discussions by this point. Bein haven't even been engaged according to Jacobs.

That's what the bit in bold referred to.

It's quite amazing how much influence Bein have over a takeover of our club. I know it's a piracy issue but ffs, we have a buyer and a seller.

And a 'regulatory body' for want of a better term, who have had their core product nicked and one of their key partners 'wronged' in the process.

Whichever way we chop it, and I really really really want it to happen, it was hardly unforeseeable that the PL wouldn't be readily compliant in approving a takeover nor would one of their key rights holders be an enabler for it.

Hence, it's probably legal or bust, before there's any mutually beneficial deal with Bein.

It's quite amazing how much influence Bein have over a takeover of our club. I know it's a piracy issue but ffs, we have a buyer and a seller.

If the PL have blocked the bid due to piracy then it’s perfectly reasonable to block it unless an agreement is reached between the Gulf states, otherwise BeIN will sue the fuck out of the PL imo

If the PL have blocked the bid due to piracy then it’s perfectly reasonable to block it unless an agreement is reached between the Gulf states, otherwise BeIN will sue the fuck out of the PL imo

And also we have to remember that the PL themselves have desperately tried to bring legal cases against KSA directly. Seperate from Bein (albeit probably at their behest).

The PL, rightly, have a problem with the KSA regime. They're hardly going to be falling over themselves to let these 'thiefs' have a stake in their prime product. 1/20th of it.

So 5% of their core product is owned by the very people that have been nicking it.

It's not a stretch to see why it was never straight forward despite protestations from the buyers about their supreme confidence etc.

From the perspective of someone who really wants this deal done, I can only hope the PL have made some grave legal error in the application of their own Owners Test.

And also we have to remember that the PL themselves have desperately tried to bring legal cases against KSA directly. Seperate from Bein (albeit probably at their behest).

The PL, rightly, have a problem with the KSA regime. They're hardly going to be falling over themselves to let these 'thiefs' have a stake in their prime product. 1/20th of it.

So 5% of their core product is owned by the very people that have been nicking it.

It's not a stretch to see why it was never straight forward despite protestations from the buyers about their supreme confidence etc.

From the perspective of someone who really wants this deal done, I can only hope the PL have made some grave legal error in the application of their own Owners Test.

This is kind of what I meant, the closest thing in the O+D test is if someone has been convicted of a crime (or theft). Nobody from the consortium has. It absolutely causes an issue for the PL with the piracy but the key thing is its not under the rules of their own test. They can't change the rules just because Bein don't like what's happened.

I guess this is where our legal team come in.

Well you would imagine they must have done otherwise why would there be so much confidence from the legal team employed by NUFC that we will win the case?

Well you would imagine they must have done otherwise why would there be so much confidence from the legal team employed by NUFC that we will win the case?

I hope so but part of me wonders whether Ashley just wants to be enough of an irritation to force it through (tanks on their lawn etc etc).

I'd also say any 'confidence' around legal cases I take with a pinch of salt given the cheerleaders around the buy side regime have been inaccurate at all turns to date.

It just needs to play out, minus the cheerleading from people like the NCSL knobhead, imho.

This is kind of what I meant, the closest thing in the O+D test is if someone has been convicted of a crime (or theft). Nobody from the consortium has. It absolutely causes an issue for the PL with the piracy but the key thing is its not under the rules of their own test. They can't change the rules just because Bein don't like what's happened.

I think you're right.

We'll have to either prove they've misapplied the test or have enough evidence of Bein influence/potential corruption that the PL fear this getting into the public domain.

You'd imagine their legal counsel will be equally as robust.

Just to be clear when this takeovers announced I’m going to have a f***ing field day in here. You can stick you’re 48 hr ban, I’m predicting a lifetime ban for myself.  :lol:

A f***ing field day of celebrating whilst others are doing the same? Woo. Radical.

Do you seriously think there's any member on here that does not want to be taken over?

Just because we're not all fully fledged members of that Keith Daftcunt Brigade doesn't mean we want it any less.

That daft c*** is doing a lot more than yourself. You just sit back and let it play out, we’ll ignore the fact he is in contact with vital players in this process.

I think you're right.

We'll have to either prove they've misapplied the test or have enough evidence of Bein influence/potential corruption that the PL fear this getting into the public domain.

You'd imagine their legal counsel will be equally as robust.

And on those two points I think we can all agree in here that through our own eyes we've seen the PL play things away from their own rule book. That's simply not allowed and it's their own fault for not making the OD tests robust enough.

Also I believe this has a lot more to it -

Bein have already paid for the new contract which apparently includes the KSA region. They need to broadcast there. Get the takeover done and you can do it is quite a checkmate position for the Saudi's.

Just to be clear when this takeovers announced I’m going to have a f***ing field day in here. You can stick you’re 48 hr ban, I’m predicting a lifetime ban for myself.  :lol:

A f***ing field day of celebrating whilst others are doing the same? Woo. Radical.

Do you seriously think there's any member on here that does not want to be taken over?

Just because we're not all fully fledged members of that Keith Daftcunt Brigade doesn't mean we want it any less.

That daft c*** is doing a lot more than yourself. You just sit back and let it play out, we’ll ignore the fact he is in contact with vital players in this process.

Why do you continually argue with people who want the same thing as you?  :lol:

You need to take a break my man.