Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Luke is a cunt of a person, but sadly - he’s right.

He has probably been the most accurate regarding the Saudi deal from day one (apart from Mauris which he was obviously sold down the river by MA camp).

This deal is nowhere near complete. All of these weird people pretending they know something, or know someone who knows something, is just pathetic. Stop giving your fellow fans false hope and peddling them a load of bollocks.

It’s clearly not as simple as KSA switching Bein back on. There are so many different legal challenges that need to be quashed first, none of this will happen overnight and will probably be a slow process. Maybe it’ll happen by the end of the season, but it’s certainly not happening anytime soon.

He has probably been the most accurate regarding the Saudi deal from day one

Really? ???

Other than Mauriss, what has he got wrong?

He was cautious all the way through the summer about the buyers optimism, was proven right.

He was one of the first to say it had problems/it was off, was proven right.

He’s been consistent since then that there are so many hurdles to jump through to get it on, despite others jumping the gun, again he’s been proven right.

I’m not disputing he’s a terrible journalist and awful person - but he’s more reliable on this than most. Maybe Jacobs is the best ‘itk’ on this, but Edwards is probably second.

I agree with him that nothing is probably "imminent", but Luke would have you believe that there is zero possibility of the takeover happening in the coming weeks and months which is clearly not true. Things have changed and have changed in our favour (Bein for example).

This is the same Luke Edwards who has been embarrassing himself in recent weeks, but especially recent days, Tweeting utter nonsense about Steve Bruce. He is also a constant troll to Newcastle fans and opening admits to it. While I'm not sure on how reliable every Newcastle Consortium Supporters Tweet is, I know for a fact nothing Edwards says is worth listening to.

Luke is a troll, but he was the first to report the Willock deal and first to confirm Choudry wasn't coming so regardless of the fact  he is a wind up merchant of the highest order it is clear not everything he says is nonsense.

I do agree though that he comes across as having the viewpoint the takeover has no chance when I don't see how that can be the case give arbitration etc.

Means nowt. He's on good terms with Bruce so he could get stuff like that off him no problem. Off field matters such as the takeover are different altogether.

I am of the opinion (maybe wrongly) that the only way the takeover goes thru is a win in arbitration. All this stuff about bein being switched on etc is just noise. We seem to have a good case and the best people on it but let’s be honest arbitration could go either way. honestly wish a decision would come soon just to put it to bed but that’s probably unlikely

I agree with him that nothing is probably "imminent", but Luke would have you believe that there is zero possibility of the takeover happening in the coming weeks and months which is clearly not true. Things have changed and have changed in our favour (Bein for example).

This is the same Luke Edwards who has been embarrassing himself in recent weeks, but especially recent days, Tweeting utter nonsense about Steve Bruce. He is also a constant troll to Newcastle fans and opening admits to it. While I'm not sure on how reliable every Newcastle Consortium Supporters Tweet is, I know for a fact nothing Edwards says is worth listening to.

Luke is a troll, but he was the first to report the Willock deal and first to confirm Choudry wasn't coming so regardless of the fact  he is a wind up merchant of the highest order it is clear not everything he says is nonsense.

I do agree though that he comes across as having the viewpoint the takeover has no chance when I don't see how that can be the case give arbitration etc.

Means nowt. He's on good terms with Bruce so he could get stuff like that off him no problem. Off field matters such as the takeover are different altogether.

Like Henry Mauriss, and the fact that only this week he was shown up big style after reporting Jones hadn’t taken any training sessions. The bloke is in my opinion the worst reporter going alongside Ryder.

Off field matters are different, but again, he was first to confirm issues with the deal in the summer and the first to confirm it had fallen through so unfortunately on two bits of really shit news he was right.

We can't just discredit his sources because he's a dick.

Anyway, back to the confirmation we have have about Keith being "in direct contact" with those involved in the bid...

I am of the opinion (maybe wrongly) that the only way the takeover goes thru is a win in arbitration. All this stuff about bein being switched on etc is just noise. We seem to have a good case and the best people on it but let’s be honest arbitration could go either way. honestly wish a decision would come soon just to put it to bed but that’s probably unlikely

This is where I am to be honest.

If arbitration goes our way then we'll get the takeover as PIF will be confirmed as separate to the state and therefore piracy is no longer an issue.

Given arbitration can go either way in my mind the takeover is 50/50. Most annoying thing is not having a timeframe.

Off field matters are different, but again, he was first to confirm issues with the deal in the summer and the first to confirm it had fallen through so unfortunately on two bits of really shit news he was right.

Anyway, back to the confirmation we have have about Keith being "in direct contact" with those involved in the bid...

He's probably the only reporter up here still on good terms with Bruce so for transfers and team news he could well have a direct source there. Considering he's been against Staveley and her Consortium from the start I very much doubt they are giving him any inside info.

This is where I am to be honest.

If arbitration goes our way then we'll get the takeover as PIF will be confirmed as separate to the state and therefore piracy is no longer an issue.

Given arbitration can go either way in my mind the takeover is 50/50. Most annoying thing is not having a timeframe.

Yeah 50/50 is where I’m at. No one seems to want to address the one issue masters actually confirmed there was and that is if PIF are a separate entity or not.

Off field matters are different, but again, he was first to confirm issues with the deal in the summer and the first to confirm it had fallen through so unfortunately on two bits of really s*** news he was right.

He's probably the only reporter up here still on good terms with Bruce so for transfers and team news he could well have a direct source there. Considering he's been against Staveley and her Consortium from the start I very much doubt they are giving him any inside info.

I don't think he's against them, I just think he took their confidence with a pinch of salt which is what Caulkin etc are now doing. If you look at the piece Caulkin did in the athletic recently, he even said the buyers confidence means nothing anymore as it has proven to be misplaced.

Luke may not have sources with the buyer, he could have sources with the seller or PL. I just think he obviously has a contact somewhere within the deal as he was first to confirm it had collapsed.

I know he's not popular on here and I know he revels in playing the villain. But looking at it objectively, he can't be discredited (Mauriss aside) just because we don't like him when he is proven to have accurately reported on the Saudi takeover at various stages.

Keith on the other hand, was telling Kennedy and anyone that would listen that his case would be done and dusted within the courts with 5 months. We're now well past that deadline and he hasn't even followed up his LBA.

I know he's a fan and on the one hand I admire his perseverance, but on the other hand, I don't understand why he doesn't get questioned on things he said would happen but didn't?

Off field matters are different, but again, he was first to confirm issues with the deal in the summer and the first to confirm it had fallen through so unfortunately on two bits of really s*** news he was right.

That’s the point though. Staveley and the consortium’s news/inside info has rarely been correct. Their enthusiasm has been misplaced and they’re yet to deliver.

It’s probably a benefit to Edwards that he isn’t getting information from them. Whereas the people who are, seem to be jumping up and down the loudest telling us this will be imminent/soon/February/March/some time in the future.

Bein/Qatar/PL hold the cards in this deal. Jacobs is the man to listen to. He believes a pathway is there for a deal to be done but is also clear the pathway contains a large number of obstructions to get past first. When he is confident it’s imminent, I will be too.

Like Henry Mauriss, and the fact that only this week he was shown up big style after reporting Jones hadn’t taken any training sessions. The bloke is in my opinion the worst reporter going alongside Ryder.

Exactly this!

Some people shouldn’t be allowed on social media, they simply can’t play nice.

If Keith wasn’t doing this he’d be arguing with people on a Madeleine McCann FB group, he’s the sort.

I’m not knocking his efforts in relation to the takeover (whatever his real motivation) but the more he talks the less credibility his “consortium” has. He needs to go radio silent for a while for his own sake as much as other supporters.

I don't think he's against them, I just think he took their confidence with a pinch of salt which is what Caulkin etc are now doing. If you look at the piece Caulkin did in the athletic recently, he even said the buyers confidence means nothing anymore as it has proven to be misplaced.

Luke may not have sources with the buyer, he could have sources with the seller or PL. I just think he obviously has a contact somewhere within the deal as he was first to confirm it had collapsed.

I know he's not popular on here and I know he revels in playing the villain. But looking at it objectively, he can't be discredited (Mauriss aside) just because we don't like him when he is proven to have accurately reported on the Saudi takeover at various stages.

Keith on the other hand, was telling Kennedy and anyone that would listen that his case would be done and dusted within the courts with 5 months. We're now well past that deadline and he hasn't even followed up his LBA.

I know he's a fan and on the one hand I admire his perseverance, but on the other hand, I don't understand why he doesn't get questioned on things he said would happen but didn't?

Regarding your earlier comment that Keith's case has nothing to do with the club's case, I'm not sure how true that is. I won't pretend to be well versed on legal matters but it makes sense to me that two parties bringing legal cases against the PL over broadly the same issue would be in contact with each other. If Keith is to be believed, they're trying to get the deal done without arbiration, and if that doesn't happen he'll be pressing on with his case. Reading between the lines there, the implication seems to be that De Marco is orchestrating things and has asked Keith to hang fire for now. None of that seems unfeasible to me. 

I agree with your stance on Caulkin though. I don't see how he "got it wrong last time" either. He relayed the confidence coming from the buyers said and then it didn't happen.

I definitely think NCSL know a lot about what's going on with the takeover situation,however to say that article is attacking and undermining Staveley is strange, it doesn't say anything bad and hasn't been written in that tone at all.

Whether people rate or even trust Caulkin or Edwards, to think Keith has better sources than either of them is just bizzare.

Caulkin has been reporting on the club for over 20 years and on this particular story has had multiple sit downs with Staveley.

As for Luke, as much as he is the most egotistical, patronising pr*ck going he was the first person to call out the takeover had hit a roadblock in the summer so he clearly has some good contacts on this story too.

For someone who claims to not want the fanfare and attention, Keith certainly does his best to remain in the limelight with his constant tweeting and appearances on NUFC matters.

Good luck to him with his own case and if that has an impact then fair play. I just fail to see how he has any inside information on the club's case as the two are completely separate of each other and Ashley isn't exactly going to want DeMarco sharing information with a fan who is drip feeding people "information".

Caulkin got just about everything wrong regarding the takeover last year, which is why he's hardly mentioned it since. Whatever people think of Keith, he's in direct contact with people involved in the deal.

Caulkin definitely was in contact with the buyers. Unfortunately their info was so far from accurate he has decided not to regurgitate in any more.

Whether Keith is or not is anyones guess, but I wouldn't expect a different outcome this time if he is.