Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I've accepted that this ain't happening, but things are more or less the same now as before. Only that now there's more talk about it. By the sounds of it we won't get a decision from the PL at all, rejection or acceptance. How the fuck is it even possible for them to just ignore it. Just fucking reject it or accept it.

We had a takeover, now we’re back to speculating on potential takeovers.

It’s best just to tune out, turn your attention to something fulfilling, like growing a shrubbery and just check in here every few days or so.

You lot have turned into a bunch of Cathy Newman’s this morning!

PIF: “we’re pulling out of the takeover”

Cathy: “So what you’re saying is.. you’re not pulling out of the takeover”

:rolleyes: Just to rile people up further:

Media making our fans dance to their tune :(

That IS true, though to be honest it's probably the lesser of two evils for anyone wanting to make some sort of stand (however large or small) against the league. At least it keeps it in the news and as such, entices people to make some noise I guess.

Anyone done their takeover beers yet?

I didn't even have any #cans in tbh

I've had a La Chouffe, a Westmalle, a Kwak inthe back of the fridge for 3 month, they'll be going tonight...or this afternoon.  Added 2 Punk prototypes to them over the course of the saga as well :lol:

Drank my beers 4 or 5 times over. Then had nowt for 6 weeks. Back to drinking again now though, probably the right time to.

I bought a few of my favourites especially, drank standard IPA's etc to keep me away from them.  Spoken like a true plonky.