Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I know its a bit of arse wiping but a simple form of words to cut and paste would simplify this greatly

It auto fills the form for me, so all I had to do was confirm my address and then press send.

Mind I'm not sure how useful sending a letter to a Cornish MP will be :lol:

It says you can edit the template but no template comes up for me once I've filled the form in?

You can just click directly into the template and amend it from there. At least, it worked for me.

I know its a bit of arse wiping but a simple form of words to cut and paste would simplify this greatly

It auto fills the form for me, so all I had to do was confirm my address and then press send.

It says you can edit the template but no template comes up for me once I've filled the form in?

You can just click directly into the template and amend it from there. At least, it worked for me.

Where's the template though? I just get:

WRITE TO MP ANDREW PERCY

YOUR LETTER

Your Letter Subject *

Your Message *

Where's the template though? I just get:

WRITE TO MP ANDREW PERCY

YOUR LETTER

Your Letter Subject *

Your Message *

Ah right. Mine auto fills the letter. Not sure why yours isn’t.

Here it is:

I am writing to you as a constituent. As my local MP I would urge you to help me and thousands of other Newcastle United supporters get answers from the Premier League.

On 5th August 2020 Newcastle United Supporters Trust wrote a statement asking that they support our call for transparency from the Premier League

https://nufctrust.co.uk/news-story/nufc-takeover-statement-august-2020/

I am not writing to ask you to comment on the takeover of a football club or indeed a football matter. I am calling for you to help me get answers from the Premier League on their process:

I ask that you write directly to the Premier League and ask them:

1) Why did a process which generally takes a month last so long, 17 weeks and counting, without coming to any decision?

2) Is it true that several Premier League clubs objected to the takeover and what influence do the views of competing clubs have in the approval process?

3) Do you agree that it is unacceptable to leave loyal fans in such doubt for so long and that the process needs to be improved? For example, it is clear certainly press was briefed but there was no dialogue or engagement with fans at all?

4) Do you think it is fair that Newcastle United has been left severely disadvantaged as a consequence of the delay?

The supporters of Newcastle United have been ignored by the Premier League. The Premier League may have sound reasons for drawing out the takeover process for more than four months and the Premier League may have done everything they needed to do to protect their business and Newcastle United.

We, the members of the Supporters Trust firmly believe our elected representatives must come together to get answers for football supporters.

Please support the Newcastle United Supports Trust get the answers we deserve from the Premier League. Support the cross-party call to action

Watch this work and the PL release a detailed explanation that totally absolves them :lol:

Everyone :okay:

They would have done that by now tbh.

Perhaps the test will fail but this whole process where forcing might just put The EPL under the spotlight in a way that changes things for any future take over of our club or any club in the EPL.

Surely that in its self is worth being keyboard warriors for.

Watch this work and the PL release a detailed explanation that totally absolves them :lol:

Perhaps the test will fail but this whole process where forcing might just put The EPL under the spotlight in a way that changes things for any future take over of our club or any club in the EPL.

No of course, anything better than the current pish

IMO, we won't hear a peep from them until a decision is now made. If they reject it, giving their reasons, and they are genuine (human right, piracy, structure etc...) then i'll begrudgingly accept their response and move forward (wherever that is)

Officially refusing it must give the grounds for doing do, which would form the basis of any appeal.  I suspect they know the refusal is not sound hence tge stand off

As long as application for O&D isn't formally withdrawn they can't comment because of NDA?  :cheesy:

Aren't PIF, PCP, Reuben likely to have the same NDA?

There are likely at least 3 separate NDA's in play here.

The first NDA is likely to be between the members of the buying group, having agreed a partnership structure they would have an agreement that includes an NDA to not discuss/disclose the nature of their partnership, their actions, or their communications unless all parties agree.

The second NDA is likely to be between the buying group as a consortium and Mike Ashley and/or Mike Ashley's organisation(s).  This NDA would be to permit the buying group and Mike Ashley to communicate about the potential sale (e.g. conduct due diligence, negotiate terms, etc) and to ensure that neither party (buyers or sellers) will disclose anything about the deal without all parties agreeing to that disclosure.

The third NDA is likely to be between the Permier League and NUFC, with NUFC acting as an agent on behalf of the buyer (e.g. passing communication, etc), to ensure that the dealings between NUFC and the Premier League are done confidentially, unless all parties agree to a disclosure.

So, this means that whilst NUFC or the buying group could not disclose details of their exchanges with the Premier League, the buying group and the seller could potentially agree (between them) to disclose details of what they had agreed without violating the NDA with the Premier League.  It all depends on what inter-dependencies and inter-commitments exist between several NDA's.

IMO, we won't hear a peep from them until a decision is now made. If they reject it, giving their reasons, and they are genuine (human right, piracy, structure etc...) then i'll begrudgingly accept their response and move forward (wherever that is)

Yeah I’m  on the same page.

All we and the buyers want is the answer what ever that may be.

Here it is:

I am writing to you as a constituent. As my local MP I would urge you to help me and thousands of other Newcastle United supporters get answers from the Premier League.

On 5th August 2020 Newcastle United Supporters Trust wrote a statement asking that they support our call for transparency from the Premier League

https://nufctrust.co.uk/news-story/nufc-takeover-statement-august-2020/

I am not writing to ask you to comment on the takeover of a football club or indeed a football matter. I am calling for you to help me get answers from the Premier League on their process:

I ask that you write directly to the Premier League and ask them:

1) Why did a process which generally takes a month last so long, 17 weeks and counting, without coming to any decision?

2) Is it true that several Premier League clubs objected to the takeover and what influence do the views of competing clubs have in the approval process?

3) Do you agree that it is unacceptable to leave loyal fans in such doubt for so long and that the process needs to be improved? For example, it is clear certainly press was briefed but there was no dialogue or engagement with fans at all?

4) Do you think it is fair that Newcastle United has been left severely disadvantaged as a consequence of the delay?

The supporters of Newcastle United have been ignored by the Premier League. The Premier League may have sound reasons for drawing out the takeover process for more than four months and the Premier League may have done everything they needed to do to protect their business and Newcastle United.

We, the members of the Supporters Trust firmly believe our elected representatives must come together to get answers for football supporters.

Please support the Newcastle United Supports Trust get the answers we deserve from the Premier League. Support the cross-party call to action

Cheers

Guest reefatoon

It's really heartening to see everyone pulling in the same direction for a change. hope it all continues and cracking work from everyone!