Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

To all of those convinced this is going to happen, I have a question.

What's it going to take for you to admit it's over?

1. Consortium media statement?

2. An appeal which is then rejected again?

3. Failed legal action after a rejected appeal?

We've now had a statement from PIF, a statement from Staveley, communication from the Rueben's, communication from the PL, a statement from the club saying it's been rejected. On the flip side we've had some journalist claim that the parties were all still talking, but now they've had the rejection. Where's the positivity? I'm desperate to get some of it.

From what I recall you've spent a the past month and a half shouting down anyone who dared to suggest that the deal might not be completely dead and that talks were possibly happening in the background. Yesterday's statement proves that was actually happening, that it clearly wasn't dead. What's it going to take for you to admit that you were wrong?

PIF hadn't really gone away last time, so what makes you so sure they have this time?

Well it actually doesn't prove it at all. It's a Mike Ashley statement which doesn't mention ongoing talks.

But still, what I've actually been "shouting" about is the fact that the PL would reject it, so technically I'm spot on.

So what's it going to take for you to admit it's over?

The club being sold to someone else or a CAS case being lost.

Staveley, the Ruben Brothers and PIF don't strike me as the type of people / organisations to just give up. I think it's highly likely that they will continue to work towards a solution. Even if they don't, I think the club is likely to appeal the decision with or without them.

Without them though the takeover can't happen, so what would the club be appealing?

Have to be clear here, I really don't want to be right. I hope I'm completely wrong and the takeover happens.

The club have the right of appeal against the PL's decision to disqualify PIF.

Alex hurst saying he was told that we’d hear good news and the buyers were convinced it would go thru after political involvement. To think yesterday could have been the best day ever had the news been different. It’s so depressing. I’m glad my hopes wernt up coz some are gonna be crushed very soon when they realise it’s over

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice....  :fool:

We've now had a statement from PIF, a statement from Staveley, communication from the Rueben's, communication from the PL, a statement from the club saying it's been rejected. On the flip side we've had some journalist claim that the parties were all still talking, but now they've had the rejection. Where's the positivity? I'm desperate to get some of it.

From what I recall you've spent a the past month and a half shouting down anyone who dared to suggest that the deal might not be completely dead and that talks were possibly happening in the background. Yesterday's statement proves that was actually happening, that it clearly wasn't dead. What's it going to take for you to admit that you were wrong?

PIF hadn't really gone away last time, so what makes you so sure they have this time?

Well it actually doesn't prove it at all. It's a Mike Ashley statement which doesn't mention ongoing talks.

But still, what I've actually been "shouting" about is the fact that the PL would reject it, so technically I'm spot on.

Staveley, the Ruben Brothers and PIF don't strike me as the type of people / organisations to just give up. I think it's highly likely that they will continue to work towards a solution. Even if they don't, I think the club is likely to appeal the decision with or without them.

Without them though the takeover can't happen, so what would the club be appealing?

Have to be clear here, I really don't want to be right. I hope I'm completely wrong and the takeover happens.

Ahh sorry, I misunderstood your "with or without them" line. So what would the overall goal be of that? To convince PIF to actually come back in (thus removing the "without them" part)?

So up until yesterday the deal was very much on pending the PL approval. Less than 24 hours after the rejection, how can people be so certain that the takeover could still go through?

Though amending my message is annoying, I agree that it's impossible to say for any certainty either way (on or off).

Ahh sorry, I misunderstood your "with or without them" line. So what would the overall goal be of that? To convince PIF to actually come back in (thus removing the "without them" part)?

Yes. If Ashley does want to pursue legal action it'll probably severely weaken his case if he hasn't pursued an appeal, which makes me think he is likely to whether or not PIF are involved.

If he wins that appeal independently it seems likely that PIF would come back.

Course there would be anger attacking the man who has carried out their dirty work. Remember lads though better to be hated than ignored, in a way this may unite them club, though I do think we can expect pens and red cards to be handed out against us every week.

EFL here we come.

Well, they would say that (the PL) wouldn't they?

Why would they be angry. It's either true or it's not. If it is all they would have to do is confirm the rejection and hope they have a case to defend it.

If not just state it and take Ashley to court for false accusations?

Can only see them being angry if it looks like they're being to be called out on something which would be damaging to them

Formally rejected or not, Masters and the Premier League need to be publicly called out.

The way they have and are handling the situation is ridiculous and contradictory to how similar types of takeovers have been handled in the past.

They are now publicly declaring they want to change the rules on the D&O test, effectively so they can pull the ladder up towards the top 6, and have manipulated a situation where they are placing the club on the wrong side of those rule changes.

If they had done their job and made the difficult decision they needed and should have made long ago then they wouldn’t be attacked by fans and owners alike. They fact that they can come out a lie about how theirs no time frame on the test etc is fucking bullshit.

Leeds got promoted what, 6 weeks ago? Their owners have underwent the mandatory tests in that time and been accepted into League and will play their first game within 2 days.

Ok so their ownership structure maybe not be as complicated, but are we really saying that a change in ownership for an eco siting member club can take up to 6 months compared to the less than 6 weeks it took a new membership club to have their tests carried out?