Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Am I missing something but why is MBS not prepared to take the OD test? And more importantly why would he fail?

More precisely it’s the whole SA that is subject to the test. Now let’s think, how to prove that “a country” can pass all the requirements? A country? Everyone in SA?

No, it’s just the owners of the PIF, the whole country doesn’t own the PIF. There will be trustees that PIF are putting forward but in reality the rulers will own the PIF.  So who is it? And why are these people not prepared to take the test.

I just don’t know why it took so long to get to that single question.

Staveley said PL request to put SA as the director, not just the owner of the PIF. That means SA is subject to the test. You got it wrong

Staveley is talking bullshit there though. That’s not possible. She means the government not the whole of SA. That would be and easy win if that is indeed what they said, which they wouldn’t. The directors of the PIF are not the controllers, the SA public are not the controllers. Who pulls the strings?

They’ve maintained all along that PIF are a separate entity. As soon as others are brought in to the test it goes against that stance.

However, the PL are not in a position to decide who is classed a director or not.

Nope they are not but the test is owners and directors. They have an obligation to identify the owners. Very complicated as everything will be in trust for the good of SA as a whole, but, someone will be the ultimate decision maker. If the PL are not convinced by what they are being told and PIF are not putting forward the names of the controlling party then it’s stalemate. This won’t go through unless MBS takes the test or the whole deal is restructured. I believe they had reassurance that the current structure would be good enough but incorrectly so.

I don’t understand why would you assume PIF not putting forward the names of the controlling party?

And in fact why would you assume BSA could not pass the test?

Am I missing something but why is MBS not prepared to take the OD test? And more importantly why would he fail?

More precisely it’s the whole SA that is subject to the test. Now let’s think, how to prove that “a country” can pass all the requirements? A country? Everyone in SA?

No, it’s just the owners of the PIF, the whole country doesn’t own the PIF. There will be trustees that PIF are putting forward but in reality the rulers will own the PIF.  So who is it? And why are these people not prepared to take the test.

Staveley said PL request to put SA as the director, not just the owner of the PIF. That means SA is subject to the test. You got it wrong

Staveley is talking bullshit there though. That’s not possible. She means the government not the whole of SA. That would be an easy win for Staveley if that is indeed what they said, which they wouldn’t of said. The directors of the PIF are not the controllers, the SA public are not the controllers. Who pulls the strings?

How do you know she is bullshitting? Now all parties involved say this is the case (Staveley Ashley Reuben) and PL is silenced. Unless PL makes a statement and explained what happened and why they did not make any decisions for 4 months how do you know Staveley is bullshiting?

Yea that’s why it is fucking ridiculous that SA is the director. And I can tell you even if it’s SA government it’s also idiotic. So ALL SA gov individuals need to disclose details and subject to checking? Instead of those who really got the power? So say a street cleaner employed by the SA gov also need to be tested? Are you for real?

Unless the PL come out and state something, then I’ll take other parties words as gospel.

Even when the PL do Eventually speak I wouldn’t believe a word they said.

Staveley is talking bullshit there though. That’s not possible. She means the government not the whole of SA. That would be an easy win for Staveley if that is indeed what they said, which they wouldn’t of said. The directors of the PIF are not the controllers, the SA public are not the controllers. Who pulls the strings?

How do you know she is bullshitting? Now all parties involved say this is the case (Staveley Ashley Reuben) and PL is silenced. Unless PL makes a statement and explained what happened and why they did not make any decisions for 4 months how do you know Staveley is bullshiting?

Yea that’s why it is fucking ridiculous that SA is the director. And I can tell you even if it’s SA government it’s also idiotic. So ALL SA gov individuals need to disclose details and subject to checking? Instead of those who really got the power? So say a street cleaner employed by the SA gov also need to be tested? Are you for real?

Haha you are so missing the point dude. A country cannot be a director, that’s why I know it’s bullshit. Does the street cleaner own any part of the PIF? Nope of course not.

It’s about like John Lewis, who owns them? All of the staff have shares and there is no one owner but there is a board of elected directors. The directors don’t own John Lewis. So there’s no point the directors taking the owners part of the test is there?  The staff are the owners right? But for the PIF who owns that? Who are the shareholders of the PIF? And who elects the directors for the PIF. I suspect it is MBS. I don’t know if the public get to vote on that like the staff of John Lewis likely do.

But is the main reason PL not making a decision because the buyers aren't doing what they are asked of? So far, Stavely has said all questions have been answered. Ashley said he wants the deal to happen. So isn't it just waiting a PL decision?

Staveley is talking bullshit there though. That’s not possible. She means the government not the whole of SA. That would be and easy win if that is indeed what they said, which they wouldn’t. The directors of the PIF are not the controllers, the SA public are not the controllers. Who pulls the strings?

They’ve maintained all along that PIF are a separate entity. As soon as others are brought in to the test it goes against that stance.

However, the PL are not in a position to decide who is classed a director or not.

Nope they are not but the test is owners and directors. They have an obligation to identify the owners. Very complicated as everything will be in trust for the good of SA as a whole, but, someone will be the ultimate decision maker. If the PL are not convinced by what they are being told and PIF are not putting forward the names of the controlling party then it’s stalemate. This won’t go through unless MBS takes the test or the whole deal is restructured. I believe they had reassurance that the current structure would be good enough but incorrectly so.

I don’t understand why would you assume PIF not putting forward the names of the controlling party?

And in fact why would you assume BSA could not pass the test?

Yeah, that was my first point, why aren’t they and why wouldn’t he pass it.

But they *are* entitled to test everyone they believe exerts control over the club. And if they feel that a controlling agent has greater powers than a director, then they can request that agent be appointed a director. They can also retaliate if that request is not granted.

Guest neesy111

But is the main reason PL not making a decision because the buyers aren't doing what they are asked of? So far, Stavely has said all questions have been answered. Ashley said he wants the deal to happen. So isn't it just waiting a PL decision?

This is the issue with the PL, they should've made a decision even if it is to reject the deal based on the information they have from the tests.

The UK Government have just invested in OneWeb, would thy have acquiesced if the regulators wanted to to investigate the Queen and her personal business before they approved the deal?

The UK Government have just invested in OneWeb, would thy have acquiesced if the regulators wanted to to investigate the Queen and her personal business before they approved the deal?

If there was an owners and directors test required for the purchase of one web then yes she would. If she had the power to make the decisions of course. Does she?

If there was an owners and directors test required for the purchase of one web then yes she would. If she had the power to make the decisions of course. Does she?

You're mental if you actually believe that.  The US govt can't even go after Prince Nonce-a-lot.

As if the (de facto) King, Prime minister, Custodian of the holy mosques and unofficial Caliph of Islam would allow to be "tested" by some foreign sporting body (that is obviously in Qatar's pocket) :lol:

Guy answers to no one, except his dear friend Trump maybe.

But they *are* entitled to test everyone they believe exerts control over the club. And if they feel that a controlling agent has greater powers than a director, then they can request that agent be appointed a director. They can also retaliate if that request is not granted.

I don't think they can insist that someone is named as a director as such, but they can disqualify the proposed directors on the basis that they have failed to provide relevant information relating to an individual who they believe would qualify as a Director but has not been disclosed (rule F.1.1.1.)

However, they appear to be refusing to actually make that decision.

So, to summarise.

PIF feel they have submitted enough evidence to prove that they are independent from state and have supplied names of I volved people's.

Prem think state can exert power over PIF and therefore want to test higher ranking people within the state.

PIF don't like that and are pissed off their answers aren't sufficient for prem.

PIF have pulled out in a strop and prem are just not entertaining explaining the situation as they think they've done enough on their part.

So pretty much as it has been for weeks haha

You're mental if you actually believe that.  The US govt can't even go after Prince Nonce-a-lot.

So she would just bypass the rules? That’s a whole different ball game there though.

So, to summarise.

PIF feel they have submitted enough evidence to prove that they are independent from state and have supplied names of I volved people's.

Prem think state can exert power over PIF and therefore want to test higher ranking people within the state.

PIF don't like that and are pissed off their answers aren't sufficient for prem.

PIF have pulled out in a strop and prem are just not entertaining explaining the situation as they think they've done enough on their part.

Nicely put, I think that is correct but I do believe the PL have told them what needs to happen.

They should just buy it and deal with the consequences, it would mean the PL would have to take action, even if it is expulsion from the league.

I'd like to think even though they don't own us yet(hopefully), they don't wish to hamstring the club like that as it could effectively end us haha

So, to summarise.

PIF don't like that and are p*ssed off their answers aren't sufficient for prem.

step 2 is wrong. According to Staveley it’s the PL request to put SA as director.

They had to have known that MBS as chairman - regardless of whether he's actually actively involved in decision making or if it's some figurehead or ceremonial type title/position - could end in something like that though.

So, to summarise.

PIF don't like that and are p*ssed off their answers aren't sufficient for prem.

step 2 is wrong. According to Staveley it’s the PL request to put SA as director.

I will bow down to a more knowledgable person who can show me in company law where a country can be a director. You are hanging on to this as if it’s gospel when it is so clearly not right it’s laughable.

So, to summarise.

So, to summarise.

I will bow down to a more knowledgable person who can show me in company law where a country can be a director. You are hanging on to this as if it’s gospel when it is so clearly not right it’s laughable.

As I said all parties except PL are saying this is the case. PL is silenced.

Go ahead. You are wasting my time.