Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

So the state of play seems to be this: PIF and the Saudi side believe they are right and that they provided the necessary legal documents that written in saudi arabian law. The premier league don't believe them and don't accept the evidence.

De Marco has been instructed in the commencement of arbitration proceedings. That process requires the appointment of a panel of arbitrators, one chosen by PL, one by us and one 'independent' or if not chosen by the FA. The recent difficulty has been the selection of the latter arbitrator. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that rumours of 'progress' surround that appointment, and that if decided will lead to the setting of the date/dates at which evidence will be given and the issue determined.

At this arbitration, de marco is trying to say that the o&d test was not done fairly. He will point to ownership models at man city, west brom and crystal palace (i think) and say you don't impose the same standard on them. That standard relates to the nominations of directors, and how those clubs can quite easily have shadow directors but no one ever bothered to check. The PL clearly have a bee in their bonnet though, in desperately wanting to know in intimate detail who runs us. They think the breadcrumbs all lead to the saudi state, which in turn links them to piracy. They then use that to either block it or to use it as a dealmaker.

I suspect that the fans consortium angle was backed by us for two related reasons. Smoking out leaks and blatantly accusing pl of corruption is not in the remit of the fair o&d hearing argument or arbitration. But if it works, it helps in the argument over the arbitrator pick and helps expose the inequality between tests or additional evidence of 'extra attention' to our potential board.

So the reason no one knows how long this will take is because they either don't have a date or are about to get one. People/journos are hedging their bets on the outcome of the arbitration, and clearly thinking that if it loses we will appeal thus extending the process further. On the one hand we arbitrate quickly and win, deal done. On the other we lose and it goes on and on.

I didn't realise that we could appeal the arbitration decision should it go against us. Not sure why I thought this but I thought the arbitration decision was final.

Caulkin always said the legal action was about getting a decision, even if it’s rejected it would then allow them to appeal decision. I think it’s also considered that for any legal case to be successful they would have to show they’ve been through arbitration first.

The other day KSA's foreign minister declared that a resolution to the economic blockade is near and even refered to the Qatari as brothers. The same guy was threatening them with military action around the start of the takeover :lol:

It's good that they're back at the negotiation table in The Gulf. The first time since 2017. It's clear that Qatar pretty much control Masters and his buddies, among other documented cases - FIFA, UEFA, The Olympic Comittee of course.. Evidently that kind of influence is in their foreign policy and they're pretty good at it..

So yeah, while there's no chance the megalomaniacs on both sides will agree to end their pointless proxy wars in the region, I think there's a fair chance our club can be used as a bargaining chip by the Qatari in the negotiations. That's the whole point of stopping the takeover after all - power play.

Guest Howaythetoon

Seriously, this place wouldn’t be here if not for me initially and that’s not me being big headed or whatever, but fuck it I’m gonna fucking say it. I’ve contributed thousands of pounds of my own money and over a decade of my life in dedication to this place first saving it, second keeping it going and third saving it again (with lots of help I might add, but I paid 700 quid to buy Nufc.nu and to keep it hosted originally after it was hacked/shut down due at a time when I was at my lowest ebb and skint) and if all of a sudden I can’t post 3.00pm Friday shit because it’s not funny or lifting patter or whatever (which I get and can take, but won’t be told to shut the fuck up) to some sensitive souls, you can keep this place and I’ll be done with it! Shite state of affairs Tommy!

Guest Howaythetoon

So the state of play seems to be this: PIF and the Saudi side believe they are right and that they provided the necessary legal documents that written in saudi arabian law. The premier league don't believe them and don't accept the evidence.

De Marco has been instructed in the commencement of arbitration proceedings. That process requires the appointment of a panel of arbitrators, one chosen by PL, one by us and one 'independent' or if not chosen by the FA. The recent difficulty has been the selection of the latter arbitrator. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that rumours of 'progress' surround that appointment, and that if decided will lead to the setting of the date/dates at which evidence will be given and the issue determined.

At this arbitration, de marco is trying to say that the o&d test was not done fairly. He will point to ownership models at man city, west brom and crystal palace (i think) and say you don't impose the same standard on them. That standard relates to the nominations of directors, and how those clubs can quite easily have shadow directors but no one ever bothered to check. The PL clearly have a bee in their bonnet though, in desperately wanting to know in intimate detail who runs us. They think the breadcrumbs all lead to the saudi state, which in turn links them to piracy. They then use that to either block it or to use it as a dealmaker.

I suspect that the fans consortium angle was backed by us for two related reasons. Smoking out leaks and blatantly accusing pl of corruption is not in the remit of the fair o&d hearing argument or arbitration. But if it works, it helps in the argument over the arbitrator pick and helps expose the inequality between tests or additional evidence of 'extra attention' to our potential board.

So the reason no one knows how long this will take is because they either don't have a date or are about to get one. People/journos are hedging their bets on the outcome of the arbitration, and clearly thinking that if it loses we will appeal thus extending the process further. On the one hand we arbitrate quickly and win, deal done. On the other we lose and it goes on and on.

:thup:

Seriously, this place wouldn’t be here if not for me initially and that’s not me being big headed or whatever, but fuck it I’m gonna fucking say it. I’ve contributed thousands of pounds of my own money and over a decade of my life in dedication to this place first saving it, second keeping it going and third saving it again (with lots of help I might add, but I paid 700 quid to buy Nufc.nu and to keep it hosted originally after it was hacked/shut down due at a time when I was at my lowest ebb and skint) and if all of a sudden I can’t post 3.00pm Friday shit because it’s not funny or lifting patter or whatever (which I get and can take, but won’t be told to shut the fuck up) to some sensitive souls, you can keep this place and I’ll be done with it! Shite state of affairs Tommy!

Bet he leaves tomorrow. 3pm

Guest Howaythetoon

Bet he leaves tomorrow. 3pm

Soon...

Guest Howaythetoon

Can you at least change the day and time a bit? :lol:

Can’t it’s a Friday feeling sorry

290px-Crunchie_bar.jpg

Crunch time for the toon!

I didn't realise that we could appeal the arbitration decision should it go against us. Not sure why I thought this but I thought the arbitration decision was final.

Caulkin always said the legal action was about getting a decision, even if it’s rejected it would then allow them to appeal decision. I think it’s also considered that for any legal case to be successful they would have to show they’ve been through arbitration first.

You're right yeah, I actually remember him saying that now.

So basically, this can be sorted quickly should we win arbitration as the deal could then go through, but if we lose and its appealed, it's going well into next year. I think we know what happens here. :sad:

So basically, this can be sorted quickly should we win arbitration as the deal could then go through, but if we lose and its appealed, it's going well into next year. I think we know what happens here. :sad:

I don't......can you tell me or is it a secret?

I don't......can you tell me or is it a secret?

I think he means the "we lose and its appealed" part that's going to happen.