Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Can you at least change the day and time a bit? :lol:

Can’t it’s a Friday feeling sorry

290px-Crunchie_bar.jpg

What the fuck is in that candy bar?

Cuba, it's fucking brilliant mate.

Cinder toffee (aka honeycomb), lovely stuff. Also surprisingly low in calories for the size, guess it's the amount of air.

Apologies in advance but my I phone updates f***ed my ability to copy tweets. More follow up from Kennedy to this morning’s article. Important to note for those that ridicule buyers confidence, according to Kennedy it’s not just the buyers who are confident.

NUFC 1980-1994

@NUFC_1980_1994

2h

1. You say (about delivering) during the piece "we don't know" yet state "takeover turkey is close to being cooked." Can you elaborate?

2. You say Ashley is working hard to get it done but fail to confirm what he's doing. Can you elaborate?

3. Are Easter eggs on standby?

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

2h

Been in oven since May 19 for context. There's renewed positivity from both sides. Could come out oven perfect, or burnt to a crisp. I, personally, can't predict which, although I do have my own opinion. MA is the one in driving seat re action, contact w/ PL via legal channels.

Dean Dodds

@DeanDodds2

·

2h

In your opinion liam which way do you think this goes?

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

2h

The people who matter are confident, so I am hopeful.

Ethan Common

@Ethcommon

1h

That’s enough for me. I’ve always been confident because the buyers have been confident.

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@Ethcommon

@DeanDodds2

and 2 others

It's not just the buyers.

Kennedy’s answer to Easter question -

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@NUFC_1980_1994

and

@NUFC360

As for third one, if it takes that long then so be it, very few people even those close have control over that. Piece essentially about keeping wolf from the door over festive period, which there is concern about, obviously, as a lot of people have a lot at stake in this deal.

michael forster

@foschops

5h

Honestly though do you in your head not your heart actually believe the takeover with the PIF will eventually go through?

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@foschops@milesstarforth and @MouthofTynePod

I think it has a decent chance. And while buyer has always displayed confidence, seller now on that train too.

9:39 am · 11 Dec 2020

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

5h

Hard to know really. The weight of evidence is growing, so too is positivity from ALL sides.

Craig Elrington

@clmandhk

5h

Thanks Liam uve been a breath of fresh air through this who saga hope we all get the result we hope for

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@clmandhk

I hope so, too. Can't say if we will, but those involved think so.

9:42 am · 11 Dec 2020

That’s your lot what a f*** on copying all that.

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@CtheDoctor

Relegation kills the deal. Saudis aren't having second thoughts about buying the club.

10:20 am · 11 Dec 2020·

Ben Carter

@CtheDoctor

4h

Replying to

@LiamJKennedy23

I know that but you said the next two-three games are crucial..you’ve got to remember a lot of people are hanging on that this may go through in time for the January window..the above contradicts that.

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

3h

I've not put a timeframe on it. There isn't one. There was hope Jan a few weeks back but this is an ever-changing situation. Impossible to know how, when or if this will break.

Paul Palpatine

@Magman55

4h

Replying to

@LiamJKennedy23

and

@CtheDoctor

In Bruce we trust eh.

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

3h

We have to. And I think they will fine. But some extra breathing space over next week would help no end.

Show replies

PBboss

@Telwhi12

3h

Replying to

@LiamJKennedy23

and

@CtheDoctor

Ahh Liam, but will the Turkey be cooked in time for Xmas dinner?

Lawyer said 3 weeks hard work so that ends Boxing Day, Turkey chips and Pickled onions on Boxing Day would be nice (family tradition)

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

3h

Impossible for anyone to say really. I'd suspect this will go into 2021, but that's purely an educated guess.

I get the desire for closure and for people to say they just want to know either way. But the thing is, if we as a set of fans have to endure this for the eventual reward of what's to come, is it not worth it?

Sure, everyone involved from the takeover side could have just packed their shit up and moved on after pl stalling the deal initially but they didn't. They dug their heels in and despite it taking longer, are determined to get this done eventually, one way or another. Why? Because the end result outweighs the pain of endurance.

Compare this frustration of waiting to know now, to how it will feel if we never got taken over and we were stuck with Mike Ashley for another 10+ years?

It's because the potential reward at the end is so great that we still hope and endure.

Also if we were just told definitively last year that by a certain date in 2021 we would have new rich and hopefully ambitious owners but we need to put up with another 12 months of Bruce Ball first. We would have snapped someone's hand off for that. Its because of the dragged out uncertainty and because it could and should have gone through already is what wears people down.

I get the desire for closure and for people to say they just want to know either way. But the thing is, if we as a set of fans have to endure this for the eventual reward of what's to come, is it not worth it?

Sure, everyone involved from the takeover side could have just packed their shit up and moved on after pl stalling the deal initially but they didn't. They dug their heels in and despite it taking longer, are determined to get this done eventually, one way or another. Why? Because the end result outweighs the pain of endurance.

Compare this frustration of waiting to know now, to how it will feel if we never got taken over and we were stuck with Mike Ashley for another 10+ years?

It's because the potential reward at the end is so great that we still hope and endure.

Also if we were just told definitively last year that by a certain date in 2021 we would have new rich and hopefully ambitious owners but we need to put up with another 12 months of Bruce Ball first. We would have snapped someone's hand off for that. Its because of the dragged out uncertainty and because it could and should have gone through already is what wears people down.

12 months of Bruceball, relegation, Saudi's walk away. That's the issue. They either need to bin Bruce off now and bring a proper manager in or throw loads of money at the team in the January windows, letting a couple of real quality players win points on their own.

:lol: On your phone can you not click on the 'Share' icon and then click "Copy Link to Tweet" ?

It's f***ing ludicrous. He does it every f***ing time, man. :lol: He's probably running windows 95 and reading it on netscape navigator too. Ban worthy.

Aye I’ve just escaped from Beamish sorry lads.

Sure, everyone involved from the takeover side could have just packed their s*** up and moved on after pl stalling the deal initially but they didn't. They dug their heels in and despite it taking longer, are determined to get this done eventually, one way or another. Why? Because the end result outweighs the pain of endurance.

12 months of Bruceball, relegation, Saudi's walk away. That's the issue. They either need to bin Bruce off now and bring a proper manager in or throw loads of money at the team in the January windows, letting a couple of real quality players win points on their own.

It should have gone through this summer as we all know and we got cheated by a corrupt league. Which is very frustrating. But it's still possible this goes through, we just have to survive again.

One thing we know is Ashley appears committed to this deal and if relegation could cost him this sale I don't think he would be afraid to sack Bruce. Whether he does it with enough time to spare and get the right replacement in is another question.

I think we have enough quality to limp along this season and stay afloat. It's going to be painful but luckily for Bruce and I guess us too is that there is alot of crap at the bottom end of the league, as proved against Palace. Players like Callum Wilson if he stays fit, look like they we keep us alive in this league. Which is why I don't think we have seen any risk of Bruce getting the chop just yet.

He gets way more views/follows/likes if he writes positive takeover stories, in the same way Caulkin did and it left the latter with egg on his face.

I'm not saying either is lying, I'm saying that they are at risk of being duped by the buyers/sellers. If there was positive noises coming from the PL, that would be a different matter.