Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I have no idea where Liam Kennedys confidence comes from but I dont buy it whatsoever.

Maybe it’s because he speaks to the people involved, which would give him a lot more insight than us lot. And to be fair to him he always says hopeful as opposed to confident.

I have no idea where Liam Kennedys confidence comes from but I dont buy it whatsoever.

Maybe it’s because he speaks to the people involved, which would give him a lot more insight than us lot. And to be fair to him he always says hopeful as opposed to confident.

So did Caulkin and we all know how that turned out. He'll be hopeful as a supporter but I wouldn't be reading much else into what he says.

Guest Howaythetoon

Dunno where the 3.00pm shit come from mind though!

I'm undeniably ashamed to admit that I started it, back in the day. I also had involvement in the "Giggs" tradition. I'm so sad :lol:

You’re to blame for this then :lol:

So did Caulkin and we all know how that turned out. He'll be hopeful as a supporter but I wouldn't be reading much else into what he says.

I’m very hopeful this will get done, but can understand pessimism. I’m all in on this or my days with this club are over.

On Kennedy I think he’s genuine and has sources. I also think we’ve got some big hitters on our side and I don’t think they’re going to accept defeat on this.

I want this to be like a boxing match where I can see the PL taking body blow after body blow and can see that their resistance is fading. Not knowing what is going on on their side is probably the most frustrating part for me.

Dunno where the 3.00pm shit come from mind though!

I'm undeniably ashamed to admit that I started it, back in the day. I also had involvement in the "Giggs" tradition. I'm so sad :lol:

You’re to blame for this then :lol:

I reckon the person carrying it on is more to blame ;)

That's quite a range etc etc

I want this to be like a boxing match where I can see the PL taking body blow after body blow and can see that their resistance is fading. Not knowing what is going on on their side is probably the most frustrating part for me.

I agree it would be nice to see a softening of their resistance to increase confidence levels in some, but in public at least where not going to see it.

However, a combination of legal and political pressure behind closed doors will see this get resolved in our favour hopefully.

Glorious - with monkey mitts hoying the towel in to signal a win for the takeover!

Glorious - with monkey mitts hoying the towel in to signal a win for the takeover!

I'd make the towel out of velcro so it hurts when he throws it.

The fact that they weren't confident enough in their position to actually follow their rules and make a formal decision says everything about what is going on on the PL side. They clearly aren't actually confident in their position.

The fact that they weren't confident enough in their position to actually follow their rules and make a formal decision says everything about what is going on on the PL side. They clearly aren't actually confident in their position.

Agree. If they had a valid legal reason to reject it they absolutely would have done so. They stalled in the blind hope that it would simply just go away.

Agree. If they had a valid legal reason to reject it they absolutely would have done so. They stalled in the blind hope that it would simply just go away.

This^ and anyone who cant see this is just stupid.

I’m very hopeful this will get done, but can understand pessimism. I’m all in on this or my days with this club are over.

Same here. I'm basically at the point where I'm sticking my fingers in my ears to the pessimism and am blindly assuming that the deal will happen. Because if it doesnt then that's me properly done. And not simply because we didnt hit the jackpot, but more because corruption within football beat us.

For now though, negativity & pessimism are off the menu altogether.

This is boring as f*** and has been for months. It's the same old s**** ANYDAY NOW, NO RED FLAGS.

I wish we would just get a definitive answer so we can decide to pack it all up and f*** off.

They already said in July they withdraw the offer. So why are you still following the thread?

This is boring as f*** and has been for months. It's the same old s**** ANYDAY NOW, NO RED FLAGS.

I wish we would just get a definitive answer so we can decide to pack it all up and f*** off.

They already said in July they withdraw the offer. So why are you still following the thread?

Baffles me why people who think it's not happening click on this topic. Why click on it if you think it's not happening? Just to come on here and tell everyone it's not happening, repeatedly. It's like they get more and more pissed off that people dont listen to their calls of "its not happening" so they keep repeating it in the hope someone will.

This is now the only thread I click on within the football section of this forum. I'm already about 90% withdrawn from being a follower of NUFC and the wider game. Apart from Wilson (who is pretty much impossible to ignore) I couldn't tell you a thing about players signed in the summer or what they even look like. Dont follow match threads, dont listen to anything Bruce has to say in interviews and havent watched a single minute of our games this season. Havent watched MOTD once this season and got no interest in the other PL teams. The takeover is the final thread keeping me attached to NUFC and is the only thing about the club worth still taking an interest in.