The Future Of Football

InspectorCoarse

Submission allowed, where a team who’s getting beat can submit to a 3-0 defeat and stop the game at any point. Can also be activated ahead of the game by clubs like NUFC, instead of wasting everyone’s time actually playing the fixtures. 

Get rid of agents. They take a ridiculous amount of money out of the game. Players to negotiate their own contracts with the manager, like how it used to be. They can bring their parents along to help them get a better deal if they want.

More money shared down the pyramid (not necessarily The Championship as some clubs are living beyond their reasonable means). It’s scandalous that Bury were allowed to go bust. 

Max of 60% towards wages/ top earners in clubs take wage cuts to stop back room staff losing jobs.

Tackle Agents fees and on the field amongst many other things, we have to stop players being able to shield a tricking ball which is going nowhere and where the player has no option or the ability to get out of it other than to fall over at the slightest contact and get a free kick. It absolutely boils my piss that say Almiron could bust a gut to run a Maguire into a corner and see him fall over with contact that wouldn’t knock a 90 year old over and be awarded a free kick. Absolute nonsense.

45 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Get rid of agents. They take a ridiculous amount of money out of the game. Players to negotiate their own contracts with the manager, like how it used to be. They can bring their parents along to help them get a better deal if they want.

If clubs are prepared to pay these crazy fees, they will do. If clubs turned around and stopped paying them it’d help but they must serve a purpose. I’d prefer a body like the PFA representating everyone to make sure a player isn’t ripped off.

Decide what a football club should be legally. If it’s to continue as a business then let it operate as one. If it’s to be some form of special classification then clear rules regarding ownership and participation should be agreed and implemented. 

Similar to what they did in F1 a few years ago for development, introduce a budget for teams (this would exclude youth development) that has to cover all aspects of running the club.

I'd have this as a fixed amount and not a % of revenue, and it wouldn't be prohibitive to the current largest clubs - say something like the average of the top 6 clubs budgets over the past 5 years (detail obv. tbc). Clubs then have to manage transfer fees and wages from this as well as having a minimum standard for stadia, facilities, community work. This will naturally either deflate fees or allow the other clubs to catch up. Ideally this would be Europe wide, but as the Premier League has the highest wages now anyway such a cap still keeps it competitive for the best players.

3 years to implement, any contracts signed before the beginning of this season carry a subsidy for a further 2 years so as not to unfairly penalise anyone.

I'd love to get rid of transfer fees but that isn't going to happen and a wage cap is problematic. A total budget just helps manage this.

25% of all TV deals that involve UK broadcasting or competitions to be paid into a football league trust. 10% of club profits to also be paid into the trust. My hope for the trust is that it not only helps clubs out but also provides a platform for players to have a career outside of football. Any payments by clubs to the trust are tax deductible as a charitable donation

Complete reform of the pyramid and youth football. I'd love a form of the US college sport/uni structure and little league idea. I don't know how it would work in the ?UK but anything that can bring education and sport together is a good thing, take some pressure of kids and help support the lower leagues. Completely against B teams in the current league structure and I get that this idea takes away the potential for teams to go from the 9th tier through to the Premier League and it needs more thought, just my starter for 10 on structure.

In all of this I don't care if owners want to make millions from the clubs, I don't care how much sponsorship clubs and players can generate but expenditure is capped which gives weight to the fans for TV subscriptions, season ticket prices etc.

Introduce some kind of salary cap

Limit the amount of players you can loan out especially to the league you are in. 

Sin bins for incidents like Fabinho on ASM and for dissent.

Scrap VAR apart from the ability to look at off the ball incidents or if continue to use it a bit more transparency. 

Take a look at the parachute payments when relegated from PL.

Football clubs to be treated as some kind of entities of community value, like listed buildings. Which would ensure they must always be run with the best interests of the community and the club itself. And limit things that can be done with renaming, moving, sponsorship and that kind of thing. 

Not sure on the governance, maybe some sort of citizen's assembly that can make decisions on any contentious moves they want to make. 

Guest neesy111

I'm very much against budget caps and think they can't work in a sport that has promotion/relegation etc.  Fine in a franchised league/sport.

I'd put restrictions on player contracts so it's tied to the financial performance of the club (within reason) with penalties for clubs who can't meet this in that they have to sell players decided via artibution panel as it's done on some transfers already.

Also automatic wage reductions for players who get relegated at 50% or a suitable figure from PL to Championship.

Loan system to be abolished completely.

Ban players from using agents to arrange moves and contracts.

Still allows players to negotiate for massive wages, but stops the greed evident by touting every half decent player to a 'big' club every 6 months. 

Good example is Haaland....joined a massive club, but within a month was being offered round to anyone who can pay more money

I'd make sure league fixtures over the Christmas and new year period are kept as local as possible to help with fans (and players/staff too) from having to travel too far. I think this is already done in the National League. 

Speaking of which, I'd re-regionalise League Two into north and south like they had many years ago. I'd do the same for the National League (it would have to be renamed, of course) or maybe merge/fold it into an expanded Football League structure so below the Premier League you'd have something like: Championship, League One, League Two North/League Two South and then Conference North and Conference South. 

After watching bits and pieces of the FA Vase final, I thought it would be great if there was an FA County Cup Winners' Cup. So it would be for the winners of each county cup (like the Northumberland Senior Cup, etc) with the final at Wembley live on BBC or BT or wherever. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Seems a bit unfair to ban players from having representatives to help them make the most of their careers.

How so? 

Do you have a representative going to your bosses every time you fancy a pay rise?

I know in general players arent the brightest, but surely the can manage to read a document that says how much they'll be paid without some Salicious Crumb sitting on their shoulder saying it's all good as long as i get 10%.

Milner has managed to do it for what seems like forever, and i really doubt he's short on wages.

Well, it's just a massively rich business where the entertainment is provided by inexperienced, young and working class lads. I don't want agents to take ridiculous money or be paid by clubs either, but I also don't want the players to miss out on the majority share of the money in the game. 

No doubt lots of things to do with agents need to be improved mind. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

The role of agents does need looking at - not sure about getting rid entirely though.

I dont exactly know what an agent does but presumably its a bit more than negotiating the most finacially advantagous contract?

6 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

The role of agents does need looking at - not sure about getting rid entirely though.

I dont exactly know what an agent does but presumably its a bit more than negotiating the most finacially advantagous contract?

That's exactly the role of the agent. Their cut comes first the clients 'career' is a distant second.

Obviously some will do other stuff to keep their clients happy like the menial stuff most people have to do on a day to day basis, but cant seen the likes of Raiola/Zahavi etc spend any time making sure that the players butler has turned the bed down for them