QF3: Czech Republic 1-2 Denmark

Disco

Just now, HTT II said:

Howay man. Comparing him to Kane, replacing Kane with this likely one hit wonder?

So this is the thing, he burst onto the scene when he was much younger (moreso than he is now!) when he was in that really good young Ajax team a few season's back that did really well in Europe.

Thought he was going to sky rocket to bigger things back then but it went a bit quiet not sure why. Seems he's finding his feet again now though. Guy has always been high quality. Not a one hit wonder at all!

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Nobody compared him to Kane.  Dolberg was incredibly highly rated and great at Ajax that season they went to the Uefa final, he's not come out of nowhere ffs.

But wasn’t in the team originally? You are reasoning that he’d be a good replacement for Kane at Spurs no? 

Edited by HTT II

Just now, Kanji said:

Watching Spinazzola and Maehle and reminding myself we have Jamaal Lewis. 

This tournament has been so great man ... and soon it will be back to lamenting those bumbling bunch of oafs again.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, KaKa said:

So this is the thing, he burst onto the scene when he was much younger (moreso than he is now!) when he was in that really good young Ajax team a few season's back that did really well in Europe.

Thought he was going to sky rocket to bigger things back then but it went a bit quiet not sure why. Seems he's finding his feet again now though. Guy has always been high quality. Not a one hit wonder at all!

I guess we will have to wait and see, to be fair, I’m not too clued up on him at all!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

But wasn’t in the team originally? You are reasoning that he’d be a good replacement for Kane at Spurs no? 

First thing I said was he's not prolific enough.  Just suggesting that his all round game is very good and could occupy a similar role to the deeper one Kane played which you'd know if you were watching this game properly. I thought that was pretty clear.

Spurs typically sign players whose reputations and profiles they then raise. They don't typically sign big name players.

Think it will be someone like a Dolberg or Edouard to replace Kane. 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

First thing I said was he's not prolific enough.  Just suggesting that his all round game is very good and could occupy a similar role to the deeper one Kane played which you'd know if you were watching this game properly. I thought that was pretty clear.

Fair enough! Again I’ve not seen much of him so my opinion of him as a player is probably redundant, I just know you can’t replace Kane with him!

3 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Just reminded myself that during Euro 96, the SJH/Shepherd and KK decided "we're going to smash the transfer record and sign the best striker in the country, if not the world" and they signed Shearer.

We're watching this tourney and likely signing nobody of note :lol:

Guest HTT II
Just now, Kanji said:

Just reminded myself that during Euro 96, the SJH/Shepherd and KK decided "we're going to smash the transfer record and sign the best striker in the country, if not the world" and they signed Shearer.

We're watching this tourney and likely signing nobody of note :lol:

KK during the USA World Cup said NUFC fans would love Stoichkov, Hagi etc. and he would too, and that was live TV, how times have changed man! One of the joys of being a fan is ‘scouting’ players for your club to dream of them signing during such tournaments, we can’t even dream of fucking loan signings! 

KK during the USA World Cup said NUFC fans would love Stoichkov, Hagi etc. and he would too, and that was live TV, how times have changed man! One of the joys of being a fan is ‘scouting’ players for your club to dream of them signing during such tournaments, we can’t even dream of fucking loan signings! 

Watching this tourney, this game even and I'm thinking i'd love to have Schick, Maehle...etc. 

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Feels like a West Ham signing

Great shout. Especially with Soucek and Coufal thriving there already. 

Got the physical profile Moyes prefers too. Would be a heck of a move if they manage that.