SF2: England 2-1 Denmark

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, Pata said:

I didn't get it. Are you Scottish?

Nah i'm English, obviously there is a historic rivalry between England and Scotland, i just used it as a joke.

I dunno, do i need to calm down?

I don't think i'm being a dick, a bit annoying maybe?

It is honestly just banter.

I'm one of the least patriotic blokes you would meet in real life. 

Just enjoying the football team being in a final.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

5 minutes ago, Pata said:

I've been preaching for ages that soft as fuck penalties that are deciding games are ruining the game. Slightest contact in the box or a fucking accidental handball shouldn't equal to 0.8xG chance in a sport where games often end 1-0. I know none of you care now but will be back to hating it when PL starts.

100% agree, it's one of my pet hates that it's become normalised within the game. What was a blatant bit of cheating is now clever play from a forward.

The only way it stops is if refs stop rewarding it. It's too far gone though, it's part of the game and so many players would have gone down in Sterling's situation. Hate the game, not the player and all that.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

100% agree, it's one of my pet hates that it's become normalised within the game. What was a blatant bit of cheating is now clever play from a forward.

The only way it stops is if refs stop rewarding it. It's too far gone though, it's part of the game and so many players would have gone down in Sterling's situation. Hate the game, not the player and all that.

Yeah, it's hard to think how it could be fixed now. Maybe some indirect FK rules for the tiniest "fouls" or just moving the spot back so it wouldn't be so easy to score from a pen could work.

Just now, ToonArmy1892 said:

That was ages ago man and i already apologised. [emoji38]

I know, but clearly people had missed it and think I'm a cunt which isn't even remotely  true.

6 minutes ago, Pata said:

I know, but clearly people had missed it and think I'm a cunt which isn't even remotely  true.

I don't think anyone thinks you are a cunt, it was a bit of a silly comment though if serious, having a bit of banter about salty tears and stuff doesn't mean we hate people from other countries. :thup:

You may have been joking anyway, it's hard to tell sometimes in just text.

I think it was a pen, like. This is where the barrage of slowed down replays is a bit pointless - lots of close situations are going to look soft in that scenario as you have greatly reduced context of speed & force. I'm absolutely not rapid by any stretch but I've had slight clips when playing that have made me fall over. Would I be happy if it was given against us? No, but there are lots of pens that I've been livid about that were pens by the letter of the law, the letter.

The first Danish defender does a Dummett classic and the second defender is clumsy. 

It wasn't a penalty like. Don't get me wrong, nice to have something go our way, but never a penalty.

We'd have been rightfully livid if that was given to Denmark.