PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

"Staveley tried to buy Spurs with Boehly

Todd Boehly’s business links with Newcastle United’s director Amanda Staveley go back to before the pandemic when he tried to enlist her and the Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF) to be part of a bid to buy Tottenham Hotspur, sources have told this column.

Boehly, Chelsea’s American majority shareholder, is understood to have had advanced talks with Tottenham about buying the club along with property investor Jonathan Goldstein, and suggested that the PIF might be part of a bid. Staveley and the PIF considered both Spurs and Chelsea before deciding on Newcastle as being the best investment."

Keith was right [emoji38] 

1 hour ago, Mountain said:

Amanda saved the club.

It's easy to forget with the PIF being involved now, but she's the one who pushed for this.

She was very publicly labelled a time waster by Ashley and instead of just sloping back into the shadows she came back with one of the wealthiest sovereign wealth funds in the world. 

I think she's class and will hopefully be seen in the same light as the Magpie Group founders in the years ahead.

Guest HTT II
25 minutes ago, Paully said:

Lovely pics on this tweet 

You can tell if someone is a nice and genuine person when they kneel down to speak to kids at eye to eye level, they seem lovely people like. And how handsome is Merhdad and AS, it boils my piss the mackems mocking her looks, she’s a stunner too!

https://www.footballinsider247.com/newcastle-united-critics-lambasted-by-kieran-maguire-amid-750m-news/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR379s8Vy4S0pOdvPUKY1SFkS7ZL_joND1vqqHhmuuKH1ecwUYlb_i30GXc#Echobox=1660831118

Forgive me if im late to the party on this but I never knew the PIF had provided capital to Boelhys group to fund his takeover. I wonder if that means we’ll have a bit of preferential treatment when it comes to loan deals etc. 

12 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/newcastle-united-critics-lambasted-by-kieran-maguire-amid-750m-news/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR379s8Vy4S0pOdvPUKY1SFkS7ZL_joND1vqqHhmuuKH1ecwUYlb_i30GXc#Echobox=1660831118

Forgive me if im late to the party on this but I never knew the PIF had provided capital to Boelhys group to fund his takeover. I wonder if that means we’ll have a bit of preferential treatment when it comes to loan deals etc. 

We don't get money off tickets to Disney world of discount off Uber so probably not.

24 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

No not really. To overly simplify, it's like you Banking with Barclays, they have some of your money, they use that money to fund  someone you hate to buy a house. You haven't gave that person money to buy their house have you ?

8 hours ago, Willow said:

What would be the forum's feelings if the owners brought back Metroland but based in Newcastle

maxresdefault.jpg

The original 'Metroland' was part of the Newcastle City Region anyway, we are all (Newcastle/Gateshead/North Tyneside/South Tyneside) just part of the same continuous conurbation anyway. Local authority 'boundaries' are only there for the organisation of public services like Bin Collections, etc, there is no actual separation! 

Edited by manorpark
Spelling!

Guest HTT II

To this day I still don’t know why Metro Land was shut down, it always seemed busy to me and we loved it as kids, especially choring the coppers from the fountains for the slot machines…

25 minutes ago, HTT II said:

To this day I still don’t know why Metro Land was shut down, it always seemed busy to me and we loved it as kids, especially choring the coppers from the fountains for the slot machines…

It was always rammed, used to go most weekends to mooch about bandit watching when we were about 14.

IM THE KING OF THE SWINGERS OHHHHH is burned into my brain as it played nonstop from one of the machines.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

46 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Apart from when it comes to building a new training ground? :saylor:

Exactly, that has nothing to do with the continous urban area, that is all to do with the same parochial pride that many people feel.

Edited by manorpark

29 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Because despite it being rammed, the likes of H&M, Odeon, and Apple etc were willing to pay more in rent than what Metroland brought in and at the time there was no space in the shopping mall. Gateshead council also put a block on any expansion of the actual mall as well.

26 minutes ago, HTT II said:

My Mum was a social worker and said it was a notorious nonce hangout.

Just now, Stifler said:

Because despite it being rammed, the likes of H&M, Odeon, and Apple etc were willing to pay more in rent than what Metroland brought in and at the time there was no space in the shopping mall. Gateshead council also put a block on any expansion of the actual mall as well.

It's been replaced by some shitty Namco arcade though hasn't it?

Guest HTT II
Just now, Jackie Broon said:

My Mum was a social worker and said it was a notorious nonce hangout.

Still no need to close it down!

Or the funfair at Spanish City, where I vomitted a toffee apple on my brother's shoes after going on the rollercoaster.

Great days.

I hope Amanda and PIF are listening, we don't ask for much.