Forbes says $795 million i.e. 618 million pounds

https://www.forbes.com/lists/soccer-valuations/

Transfermarkt says 657 million euros i.e. 554 million pounds

https://www.transfermarkt.us/premier-league/marktwerteverein/wettbewerb/GB1

Sportico says $700 million  i.e. 544 million pounds

https://d3data.sportico.com/SoccerValuations/SoccerValuationsList.html

No idea how reliable those figures are.

They are all correct and also wrong. 

Our valuation is what someone is prepared to pay, so it's subjective.

Edited by El Prontonise

Based on the articles from both Caulkin and Waugh, it seems like it was mutually agreed.

Caulkin mentioned the "too many cooks" line while Waugh states that Ashworth felt they were too involved and now with Eales and Michell in place, it seems like a natural time to part ways.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Based on the articles from both Caulkin and Waugh, it seems like it was mutually agreed.

Caulkin mentioned the "too many cooks" line while Waugh states that Ashworth felt they were too involved and now with Eales and Michell in place, it seems like a natural time to part ways.

Wonder if their departure made Mitchell change his mind.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Wonder if their departure made Mitchell change his mind.

Highly unlikely, I think it’s just the right time. Ultimately they can’t invest to the levels needed and if they keep diluting the shares they are just further delaying actually profiting and also incurring further interest and risk. 

The club is an investment for them; sure they fell in love and all that but the prime motivator was profit which they will have handsomely. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Highly unlikely, I think it’s just the right time. Ultimately they can’t invest to the levels needed and if they keep diluting the shares they are just further delaying actually profiting and also incurring further interest and risk. 

The club is an investment for them; sure they fell in love and all that but the prime motivator was profit which they will have handsomely. 

Timing still seems a little strange to me. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Timing still seems a little strange to me. 

If we are to expand the stadium and training ground this will require significant capital investment which will have to be done by either taking on loans or from our owners. Doubt it via loans would be crippling as interest rates are high, doing it via our owners requires them to actually put up money; AS simply doesn’t have the finances to do it. 

They should have the feasibility study at this juncture and have a full executive team in place. It’s a very logically time for her to take her profit and move to being a fan. 

Her job is to help Al-Rumayyan to complete the take over and stabilise the club. She has done her job, so the correct time to move on to other projects. She is not a real owner like Hall / Ashley etc. That’s pretty clear from day one imo.

I genuinely believe no one in the club would be affected, and that’s also why now is the time to quit.

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

If we are to expand the stadium and training ground this will require significant capital investment which will have to be done by either taking on loans or from our owners. Doubt it via loans would be crippling as interest rates are high, doing it via our owners requires them to actually put up money; AS simply doesn’t have the finances to do it. 

They should have the feasibility study at this juncture and have a full executive team in place. It’s a very logically time for her to take her profit and move to being a fan. 

It’s not her responsibility to invest for the new training ground / stadium as well.

8 minutes ago, Zero said:

It’s not her responsibility to invest for the new training ground / stadium as well.

As an owner/shareholder it potentially is.

As @r0cafella says they can do this by having the company (the club) taking out loans but this doesn't make sense from a PSR perspective. The main way the owners seem to be putting cash into the club is via creation and buying of shares, the more shares the Reubens/PIF create and buy, her remaining shares become diluted. If she can't match their financial input it's perfectly reasonable for her to sell her remaining shares and move on.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

As an owner/shareholder it potentially is.

As @r0cafella says they can do this by having the company (the club) taking out loans but this doesn't make sense from a PSR perspective. The main way the owners seem to be putting cash into the club is via creation and buying of shares, the more shares the Reubens/PIF create and buy, her remaining shares become diluted. If she can't match their financial input it's perfectly reasonable for her to sell her remaining shares and move on.

She is never a real owner/shareholder. Anyway I agree with the rest.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I remember reading they led on contract extensions for a few players in the last 6 months. If the plan was for them to leave in the summer - they shouldn't have been involved imo.

Wasn’t the feasibility study concluded in April? Could be that they have a preferred option that will require significant capital. Potentially forced their hands at this point, hence an expedited sale.

Wishful thinking maybe, but there is an inevitability that them and the Reubens may have to find £25m - £50m quickly. The latter obviously could do it but Mandy and Mehrdad can’t and maybe don’t want to lumber themselves beyond reasonable means on the interest payments.

It seems like the right time and the right conditions for her to leave, if PIF buy her stakes it will show they are even more serious in making this work, she's done an amazing job getting the takeover done and has helped the club start to run very well every since, but ultimately it seems that she and her husband were too involved in the club even for someone who owned so little shares, its time to let people with more experience at that level take the decisions.

I mean she mentioned a five year plan, one might assume she was sticking around for that, however, we're obviously turning a new chapter in our journey, they have both decided the time is now, seemingly we're now appointing more football related people?

The owners could also have considered a number of other things, the collapse of Ashworth, PSR issues, Tonali, etc, and now want to have experienced football related people here.

1 hour ago, Zero said:

Her job is to help Al-Rumayyan to complete the take over and stabilise the club. She has done her job, so the correct time to move on to other projects. She is not a real owner like Hall / Ashley etc. That’s pretty clear from day one imo.

I genuinely believe no one in the club would be affected, and that’s also why now is the time to quit.

A few weeks ago she was saying all was well and was staying I thought.

This could be a real positive if it allows more investment for the training ground and ground.  It could be there was friction as they wanted to finance the investments internally in the company rather than injecting money.  Injecting money for us would be better as would avoid the Everton issues on increasing interest payments.

The only thing that worries me is the way this has come out and 24 hours later there is no official response.  Given everyone has written this as fact an official statement confirming it would make sense.    

Someone had to pay for the PSR fuck up last week. Hope it's wasn't Wor Mandy.

The club not knowing on the morning of the 29th whether or not it could make the necessary sales is very bad management, putting it mildly. I'm sure that didn't go down well in SA. 

1 minute ago, 500bhp said:

Someone had to pay for the PSR fuck up last week. Hope it's wasn't Wor Mandy.

The club not knowing on the morning of the 29th whether or not it could make the necessary sales is very bad management, putting it mildly. I'm sure that didn't go down well in SA. 

What psr fuck up is that?

Just now, r0cafella said:

What psr fuck up is that?

The Athletic article by Chirs Waugh, I think. 10 points deduction if we didn't raise the funds, 48 hours to do it, serious concerns we might not do it. That type of thing. It was covered in the other thread.