PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

6 hours ago, clippert said:

Hate to break it to you mate, it's a professional sport. They all get paid to play. 

Which wankily makes my point and defeats your initial one better than I did.

So nobody can love any club they've been involved with if they've took a salary, gotcha, and even after inverting that whole concept we'll all still be where we already were, not good for you.

Edited by Wolfcastle

This'll be old hat (4 days) but I've just stumbled upon this chap's latest. 

Can't see I've ever seen any of his content before and he does spend the first minute or two waffling on about Adam Pearson and whatever but when he gets into the meat of Amanda leaving, I think he's probably bang on. 

There was also some opinion in here from Kennedy that they were pushed and that the Ashworth affair didn’t go down well, when PIF had pushed for Emenalo to be DOF.

I guess nobody really knows but interesting none the less on the dynamics at play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmCNZNHv8_4&pp=ygUTdGhlIGdlb3JkaWUgam91cm5vcw%3D%3D

Edited by Whitley mag

There wasn’t a place for her or Mehrdad anymore. We’ve now built a corporate/football structure with extremely experienced, competent people in a variety of roles. Add to this their inability for their capital investment to keep up with growth and it becomes clear that their continued presence wasn't viable.

it would have muddied the hierarchical chain, confused lines of communication, slowed down business/football decisions. Having said that we now need a conduit between PIF and things on the ground in Newcastle. Part of how this club is going to succeed is going to rely heavily on good succession planning. The Ashworth-Mitchell switchover was a bit gory but I think we’ve got the better candidate for where we want to go. 

12 minutes ago, Menace said:

If PIF wanted Emenalo instead of Ashworth - they would've hired him. What a load of nonsense, how is a minority investor having a bigger say than a majority

I do remember either Reuben or Ghodoussi tweeting that Emenalo was never even considered. 

9 minutes ago, Menace said:

Aye, Mehrdad came out with a statement after that Matt Law guy said Emenalo was being interviewed for the job.

Yeah, the gist appeared to be him telling Emanelo to kindly piss off and stop briefing the press about us.

7 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

This'll be old hat (4 days) but I've just stumbled upon this chap's latest. 

Can't see I've ever seen any of his content before and he does spend the first minute or two waffling on about Adam Pearson and whatever but when he gets into the meat of Amanda leaving, I think he's probably bang on. 

He doesn’t understand what he’s talking about.  He keeps talking about her ‘liquidating’ her shares - as if she was selling for profit.  She wasn’t - her shares were being diluted as she wasn’t keeping pace with the other investors’ insertion of cash.  

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He doesn’t understand what he’s talking about.  He keeps talking about her ‘liquidating’ her shares - as if she was selling for profit.  She wasn’t - her shares were being diluted as she wasn’t keeping pace with the other investors’ insertion of cash.  

Aye, disregarding his misuse of terminology, is he pretty much correct tho? 

I watched the Geordie Dentist after that one as well 😂

6 hours ago, Menace said:

If PIF wanted Emenalo instead of Ashworth - they would've hired him. What a load of nonsense, how is a minority investor having a bigger say than a majority

PIF did hire Emenalo for the Saudi Pro League they clearly rate him, don’t think it’s far fetched that Howe and co expressed a preference for Ashworth at the time. 

Also it’s on record that Staveley and co wanted Emery as first choice and Howe was Yasir’s first choice, maybe PIF gave them autonomy in early stages as they had management contract.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Christ is that Geordie Dentist whooper still around. What an era, people thought some guy who does root canals in Dubai had the scoop on billion dollar companies.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. 

I watch too much NUFC tubers, tbf, tho that Dentist one was the first time I'd watched him. Or the other fella, as it happens. 

Whatever their pros and cons I'm not sure they know any more, or less, than most on here. 

11 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. 

I watch too much NUFC tubers, tbf, tho that Dentist one was the first time I'd watched him. Or the other fella, as it happens. 

Whatever their pros and cons I'm not sure they know any more, or less, than most on here. 

Thought you'd have known the geordie dentist from your skunkers days

He's a perverted whopper if that helps