PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Colour me shocked, Ashley is a liar.

It’ll probably take the consortium years to untangle all of the shite Ashley has put us in. 

The CEO was literally put in the back of a police car and taken for questioning 

There's an article in the Athletic today about sponsorship deals in football, primarily at Man City. We're mentioned in the article too. 

I didn't read it in-depth as it was a bit boring but one thing did catch my eye. The owner of Everton or his company paid a record fee to be the shirt sponsor of Everton's womens team. There are so many ways to get around FFP, I wonder how else you could manipulate the women's team to funnel money into the club? 

Edited by macphisto

18 minutes ago, macphisto said:

There's an article in the Athletic today about sponsorship deals in football, primarily at Man City. We're mentioned in the article too. 

I didn't read it in-depth as it was a bit boring but one thing did catch my eye. The owner of Everton or his company paid a record fee to be the shirt sponsor of Everton's womens team. There are so many ways to get around FFP, I wonder how else you could manipulate the women's team to funnel money into the club? 

It’s a long read and actually not worth the time. 

the TLDR is the big boys want to stop anyone catching them and are using sponsorship rules to do that. City have found ways around it already by signing lots of small deals with related entities. 

basically everything we’ve discussed here previously. 

I know it's done to death, but how is that a fair playing field at all?

We've all accumulated wealth through rich owners, inflated sponsorship but we're not happy that's the way to go now. So now we will pull up the ladder and what you make now is what you make forever unless you go through a horrendous patch you can't buy your way out of?

Mad thing is, I agree with the sentiment originally, but the game is so far past that point that it is now a completely unfair playing field, and this would serve to protect no one but those who had the chance to flout them rules previously.

Edit: it's no wonder we are building up a legal team ffs[emoji38] going to be the busiest department at the club I think.

Edited by NE27

11 minutes ago, NE27 said:

We've all accumulated wealth through rich owners, inflated sponsorship but we're not happy that's the way to go now. So now we will pull up the ladder and what you make now is what you make forever unless you go through a horrendous patch you can't buy your way out of?

Mad thing is, I agree with the sentiment originally, but the game is so far past that point that it is now a completely unfair playing field, and this would serve to protect no one but those who had the chance to flout them rules previously.

Edit: it's no wonder we are building up a legal team ffs[emoji38] going to be the busiest department at the club I think.

It’s not fair but they’ve sold it as a crime against sporting FairPlay. It’s obviously nonsense and is implemented in a way to stop anyone else competing. 

if they were serious they would either allow unlimited spending as long as it was underwritten by the owner, or impose a cap which would be based upon the previous largest spender so you could catch up with them. 

Basically, the rules are designed to stop anyone catching the big boys and threatening the revenue they generate. They want a closed shop. 

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

It's not that they think that's not the way to go now, they're quite happy for that to be the way.......until a bigger player comes along. Hence the changes literally mid season to hinder us.

Edited by madras

36 minutes ago, madras said:

It's not that they think that's not the way to go now, they're quite happy for that to be the way.......until a bigger player comes along. Hence the changes literally mid season to hinder us.

Oh yeah I know, was just being facetious tbh.

We all know exactly what the sketch is here.

Wonder if Usmanov is on this new list? Could be interesting times ahead for Chelsea and Everton. To a lesser extent Man U sponsored by Aeroflot who are now banned from flying in the UK. 

Edited by TheHoob