PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

14 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Speak for yourself. After that Hull match my only engagement with our fans was hating and shaming those who weren't on board. :lol:

Yeah, I've often thought an N-O podcast would be good. Main host, different posters every week sort of thing.

Clubhouse chats would potentially be a good idea for this.

2 hours ago, Orphanage said:

Apparently sportswashing is now a ' woke ' trope . Way to avoid being challenged Eddie 

Absolutely. Guess Tommy Robinson and Nigel Farage, who have both criticised our take over are “woke”aswell. Would love to listen to him try and explain what he thinks woke actually means.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

I don’t think anyone who posts on here is sympathetic to what Saudi do. We know the score like.

The question of sportswashing is a murkier topic. I certainly don’t see a vanity project with our club in the same way as the boxing has been or say wrestling events. That shit is fairly blatant. Yet they seem to get way more of a pass than our club has gotten.

For as much as people are correct when it comes to Saudi, there’s an equal share of double standards and hypocrisy. Where are these people when Iraq was being invaded, or scientists being murdered.. or how about a cover up of why dozens of people burned alive in a tower block. You’d swear every other country apart from Saudi is squeaky clean.

Its quite easy to want to protest the Saudis and their crimes as well as our own governments in fact id say it well nigh impossible to not do both given our countries history in that region

13 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Absolutely. Guess Tommy Robinson and Nigel Farage, who have both criticised our take over are “woke”aswell. Would love to listen to him try and explain what he thinks woke actually means.

Would love to know if Eddie protested our invasions of Iraq / Afghanistan etc . Something tells me he probably cheered them on 

59 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Yes, I think he is.

Seems a strange one. I had a disagreement with him in the comments on one of his videos and he threw his toys right out the pram.

Literally every comment I've seen from him is like that that I've seen. All while calling other people childish. Strange bloke.

I’m comfortable with the ownership structure, I don’t think they’ll be around forever though. Maybe that’s why.

My lasting thought is that no matter what happens, or how long they stay, there’s no turning back for us to the Mike Ashley days.. soon we’ll be a club valued similar to Spurs or Arsenal with a better infrastructure than both. We’re never going back to those dark days.

I thought we had two threads to keep this thing separate. One to discuss the owners direct involvement with the operations and commercial avenues of the football club and the other to discuss the overall issues concerning the Saudis owning the club. It's been that way for a good while and imo is the best way. 

4 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I take it you mean the version that MTV couldn’t play?

and I’d raise you the same vintage for Junior Jacks Stupidisco if that’s the case

It's decent alright but the sight of a relatively unknown Emily Ratajkowski upstaging 2 other beauts is something else altogether.

It was a total shitshow to release that right at the start of the MeToo movement but that makes me like it all the more. Said model/actress was quick to slag it off despite it launching her career.. there’s definitely a level of hypocrisy around the whole thing.