PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I really want to believe that all the critics actually care about human rights in Saudi Arabia, but I think most of them are just happy to have something to use against Newcastle fans. 

I’m completely for making arguments against the things the Saudi regime do. I just don’t think it has a place in the realm of football fan rivalry. 

I don’t think needling other football fans is very comparable to satirical comedy. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

On 17/08/2023 at 11:51, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I really want to believe that all the critics actually care about human rights in Saudi Arabia, but I think most of them are just happy to have something to use against Newcastle fans. 

I’m completely for making arguments against the things the Saudi regime do. I just don’t think it has a place in the realm of football fan rivalry. 

I don’t think needling other football fans is very comparable to satirical comedy. 

I would agree and cynically I also think many people that do genuinely care about human rights aren’t really bothered about sportswashing, but use it to make their concerns about human rights seem relevant and topical. I’m not sure what benefit it really has to fighting human rights abuses by ensuring we have a negative opinion on certain countries, but maybe that’s me not understanding the issues enough. 

Where I do feel rival fans can comment here with more legitimate frustrations is the ‘separation’ stuff. 

The thick cunts in our supports standing to acclaim and applaud a literal murderer might be the time I have to give up, like. I would hope wor flags would put everything down for the day too. I won’t be at the match regardless. 

9 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Fuck the monarchy and fuck MBS. Is that clearer?

Very clear but the point I’m making is nobody gave a fuck about that funeral invite but if he happens to rock up at SJP it would be a media frenzy. 

13 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

The thick cunts in our supports standing to acclaim and applaud a literal murderer might be the time I have to give up, like. I would hope wor flags would put everything down for the day too. I won’t be at the match regardless. 

Im not really up to date with current affairs / legal accuracies but i'm not 100% sure that its proven he's a murderer, however i'm happy to proven wrong if so ? 

17 minutes ago, RS said:

Very clear but the point I’m making is nobody gave a fuck about that funeral invite but if he happens to rock up at SJP it would be a media frenzy. 

People say this all the time when it's not Newcastle related, but people did care, it just wasn't as visible to us in our Newcastle bubble.

24 minutes ago, gbandit said:

How is anyone going to prove that with the power and money he has? If you don’t believe he’s a murderer and presiding over a horrific regime then there’s absolutely no discussion to be had 

I’m not really doubting anyone just feel a little unsure as to how anyone can outright claim anyone is a murderer without proof, there have been plenty of despots throughout history have been proved guilty of murder at least as wealthy, I believe what I believe & regardless what you or anyone else tells me to believe it wont ever change my thoughts however I respect your right to think that way, I dont. 

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

People say this all the time when it's not Newcastle related, but people did care, it just wasn't as visible to us in our Newcastle bubble.

True,  but awfully, it’s a media driven agenda of public outrage.  
 For example, we’re  all high-fiving each other about the quality of getting cheap snide football tops when if you looked into the reality of it they’re probably made in a slave sweatshop who’s government is actively using concentration camps to manage genocide, completely under most football supporters radar because it doesn’t make populist reading. 

World politics are fucking rotten. 

2 hours ago, RS said:

True,  but awfully, it’s a media driven agenda of public outrage.  
 For example, we’re  all high-fiving each other about the quality of getting cheap snide football tops when if you looked into the reality of it they’re probably made in a slave sweatshop who’s government is actively using concentration camps to manage genocide, completely under most football supporters radar because it doesn’t make populist reading. 

World politics are fucking rotten. 

Aye, this is exactly it. The problem is that when hypocrisy is pointed out, you don't have to look very hard. It’s nigh on impossible to live a life where someone can't point the finger and say 'aha, well you do this' because it's everywhere. No reason why we shouldn't want things to be better though eg manufacturers not charging obscene fees and pushing people to the grey market.

Edited by Kid Icarus