PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

John Devine

Top sports lawyer, Newcastle fan, from Denton Burn

I realised I’d got his first name wrong, I knew a lad called Andy Devine years a go, must have had a brain fart!! Him and Nick De Marco would be a formidable team in any legal proceedings.

3 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Yes but co efficient payments don’t exist in the PL, as far as UCL money I agree.

I was pointing out that there are various other ways the rich have got their way and the other clubs haven't stood up to it, proba ly for fear of being completely cut off if they dont accept it. With the TV money it's still massively skewed f9r example in the 21/22 season Man City got 146mill and Norwich got 93mill.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240912/broadcasting-payments-to-clubs-in-the-english-premier-league/

5 minutes ago, madras said:

I was pointing out that there are various other ways the rich have got their way and the other clubs haven't stood up to it, proba ly for fear of being completely cut off if they dont accept it. With the TV money it's still massively skewed f9r example in the 21/22 season Man City got 146mill and Norwich got 93mill.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240912/broadcasting-payments-to-clubs-in-the-english-premier-league/

Sorry, you mentioned co efficient payments and the don’t exist in the PL. All clubs receive an equal cut of the PL money. The rest is made up of prize money for where you finished in the league and of course money per game when your match is live on TV.

Obviously teams at the top of the league tend to be on TV the most so get more revenue but there is no co efficient that awards extra money based on history years in the PL unlike UCL money. Didn’t Ceferin the UEFA head describe the PL as the most egalitarian league in Europe about how revenues are shared?

3 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Sorry, you mentioned co efficient payments and the don’t exist in the PL. All clubs receive an equal cut of the PL money. The rest is made up of prize money for where you finished in the league and of course money per game when your match is live on TV.

Obviously teams at the top of the league tend to be on TV the most so get more revenue but there is no co efficient that awards extra money based on history years in the PL unlike UCL money. Didn’t Ceferin the UEFA head describe the PL as the most egalitarian league in Europe about how revenues are shared?

I mentioned coefficients, fair market values and TV money. 3 separate things when the rich have got their way. I never said coefficients were in the prem or they affected prem tv money.

That a deal can be worked out where the disparity is so much keeps the rich getting rich and becomes self perpetual.

Edited by madras

9 minutes ago, madras said:

I mentioned coefficients, fair market values and TV money. 3 separate things when the rich have got their way. I never said coefficients were in the prem or they affected prem tv money.

That a deal can be worked out where the disparity is so much keeps the rich getting rich and becomes self perpetual.

So how are ‘the other clubs, going to alter the co efficient for UCL monies? UCL money is UEFA’s alone to determine. As for co efficients in the PL, the turkeys certainly won’t vote for Christmas as was pointed out by another poster.

39 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

So how are ‘the other clubs, going to alter the co efficient for UCL monies? UCL money is UEFA’s alone to determine. As for co efficients in the PL, the turkeys certainly won’t vote for Christmas as was pointed out by another poster.

I never mentioned co efficients in the PL. Just separate occasions when the rich got their way. Other clubs would constitute the likes of us, Rangers etc. Those outside of the Man Utds Man City's, Liverpool etc who pushed for co efficient payments as a sop to stop them going to a super league.

I'm just repeating myself now.

Edited by madras

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Everyone involved is shit, basically.

Grasses, terfs, terf apologists, and the club.

Yeah I guess.

I mean what she said, if I’m remembering correctly was just saying that transgender women are not women which I think she meant in a biological sense, but could easily have come across and also she could have meant in a more abusive sense.

As I say though, if the club believe her acting that on social media could result in her being a risk to people in SJP then I believe they are entitled to ban her.

It would be no different if someone said something racist or homophobic.

37 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yeah I guess.

I mean what she said, if I’m remembering correctly was just saying that transgender women are not women which I think she meant in a biological sense, but could easily have come across and also she could have meant in a more abusive sense.

As I say though, if the club believe her acting that on social media could result in her being a risk to people in SJP then I believe they are entitled to ban her.

It would be no different if someone said something racist or homophobic.

If that's all she's said then it's an insane reason to ban her

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

If that's all she's said then it's an insane reason to ban her

Agreed, but there must be more to it than that. There has to be.

I'd say about 2/3rds of women I've spoken to on this matter in the past do agree with what that lass said. So it's not exactly an obscure or way out view. 

3 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Agreed, but there must be more to it than that. There has to be.

I'd say about 2/3rds of women I've spoken to on this matter in the past do agree with what that lass said. So it's not exactly an obscure or way out view. 

That's my thinking, a ban for that is absurd

If more threatening language was used then fair enough 

Basically banned her pending investigation. She’s been targeted off a few shields bellends and that cockwomble went out of his way to contact the club - absolutely nothing to do with the club, but they felt the need to act. That was basically it though in a biological sense when it comes to using public toilets, etc - nothing nasty just generally what some see as being up for debate. We’re all entitled to an opinion, but seemingly not in this case.  

8 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Trans exclusionary radical feminist. Basically someone who doesn’t think Trans people have a right to exist and be safe.

think JK Rowling for a famous example

Though many of those described as TERF do think they have a right to exist but.......well, you know the rest.

All JK Rowling said that a trans woman shouldn’t be able to use female toilets, etc and just generally that they can’t simply claim to be women having no female organs for a menstrual cycle, possibly falling pregnant. Totally agree with her - it’s one thing to be a trans woman but to actually say you’re female when you’re not…..that was the just of what she’d been talking about. someone who took a disliking to her then reported her to the club. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo

3 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

All JK Rowling said that a trans woman shouldn’t be able to use female toilets, etc and just generally that they can’t simply claim to be women having no female organs for a menstrual cycle, possibly falling pregnant. Totally agree with her - it’s one thing to be a trans woman but to actually say you’re female when you’re not…..that was the just of what she’d been talking about. someone who took a disliking to her then reported her to the club. 

Increasingly find our fanbase depressing. Well done to whoever reported the bigot at least.

Edited by Hovagod