PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Hate to be negative but I can't see the point in selling the likes of Bruno or Isak if Solanke is the level of player we are looking to obtain. 

Feels like recruitment wise has been a big anticlimax since qualifying for the Champions League thought we really would have kicked on. 

1 minute ago, geordiekris said:

Hate to be negative but I can't see the point in selling the likes of Bruno or Isak if Solanke is the level of player we are looking to obtain. 

Feels like recruitment wise has been a big anticlimax since qualifying for the Champions League thought we really would have kicked on. 

I do love how invested we are a fanbase like. One article, from a notoriously shit sauce, which has also been knocked back by others, have made people start worrying needlessly, its impressive loyalty tbh  :lol: 

I'm pretty sure Solanke is lazy journalism. Doesn't really make sense to sell Wilson for £20M or so and get Solanke in for £50M. We have received incredible value for money from Europe - I'm baffled why all these Prem players keep getting linked when there is clearly greater value abroad.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

I do love how invested we are a fanbase like. One article, from a notoriously shit sauce, which has also been knocked back by others, have made people start worrying needlessly, its impressive loyalty tbh  :lol: 

It was Eales interview on the club site I was referring to

2 minutes ago, patrone said:

The eales interview isn't half as sensational as the headlines make it seem like

😂

Every player has a price, but us needing to sell being the headline is infuriating. 

Interesting interview with Eales.

Hearing about the possibility of selling players is never nice but, given our current position on the food chain, we just have to accept that it's the reality of the game; tbh that's regardless of FFP, though obviously the existence of that makes it more appealing to sell, which is annoying.  

But ultimately we'll be selling because, on balance, it is considered to be compatible with our aspiration for 'upward mobility.' 

Previously we were selling because it was compatible with our aspiration to finish 17th. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Interesting interview with Eales.

Hearing about the possibility of selling players is never nice but, given our current position on the food chain, we just have to accept that it's the reality of the game. 

We'll be selling because, on balance, it is considered to be compatible with our aspiration for 'upward mobility.' 

Previously we were selling because it was compatible with our aspiration to finish 17th. 

We’ll do what we have to do on our upward trajectory :indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

This is the interview I was referring to. I interpreted that as expect a player sale coming this summer to further invest in the team. He gave an example of selling a player for £50 million profit and there's only 3 players that fit that criteria (or close to) Isak, Bruno and Botman. 

Just now, Ben said:

Do Man City and Liverpool have to sell any of their star players for FFP?

City dont have to sell their best players. A lot of income from the youth system. Liverpool have in the past.

Just now, geordiekris said:

This is the interview I was referring to. I interpreted that as expect a player sale coming this summer to further invest in the team. He gave an example of selling a player for £50 million profit and there's only 3 players that fit that criteria (or close to) Isak, Bruno and Botman. 

I thought he was gonna clear the books of dross first. Get them off the wage bill and maximise profit on what we don’t need. But yeah at some point a beloved star may go. The difference is that the money goes straight back into player purchase or “reload” as he put it. No empty chambers in this gun now baby! :indi:

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

City have sold sterling and Jesus for big money, Liverpool the likes of Coutinho.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Made £1.3bn revenue between them in the last reported financial year vs our £250m.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Arsenal decided to bail out City taking their rejects for inflated prices.

City consistently sell around 30m of youngsters every year too.

Liverpool have made some big sales too.

Arsenal, Man U are fairly limited by FFP too.

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

Saudi now bail Liverpool out for their washed-up players.

I will say what is refreshing is the open communication and not being kept in the dark as we have in the past. At least they're open about it. 

No doubt they'll reinvest the money the question is will they identify the correct players and get best value for money?