PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

52 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Why would he since he has nothing to do with McLaren anymore?

If anything he'd have to comment from a Mercedes point of view, which would be like asking Liverpool to comment on PIF investing in us

shows you how much of an interest I take in the bore fest that is formula 1. He generally has plenty to say for himself though. 

33 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

He said he doesn't believe the Saudi's are still involved - says they pulled out and she's using this to try and get them back to the table to renegotiate the deal. Also said that she's not "a saviour" and the talk about the investment in the area is simply her trying to show she's better than Ashley, and really she's only in it because it suits her.

Jesus :lol:

Comical.

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Staveley: "We are looking forward to welcoming you to SJP and we are looking forward to getting this transaction over the wall. And it will do."

I need to hear this.

Just a reminder that we're keeping the OP as updated as possible with anything that you might realistically construe as meaningful (ie updates from key figures), including video/audio snippets when they emerge (including today's latest). 

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

She's always been confident of it happening. Her confidence doesn't mean that much unfortunately.

I know but there's a difference between being confident, then there's saying "it will happen" on national radio.

5 minutes ago, LV said:

What did she reply to that whopper Jordan’s question at the end of the clip asking if the Saudis are still involved? 

She didn’t answer at first then he asked again and she said the whole consortium is still committed 

31 minutes ago, Rocker said:

That's like saying a battered housewife is a 'little bit jumpy'.

They go hand in hand. We want to believe we're going to be better club someday and some will grasp at any hope that indicates it may happen.

I can't blame them. Fuck it, I'm one of them.

Wasn't how I meant it.

I meant more the last 10 years and the state of some of the fans turning up whilst basically being cockslapped off Ashley on a weekly basis.

I have no issue with fans wanting better at all. More the fans who turn up irrespective with the attitude of "mike's not dictating to me" when that quite clearly is the case.

I want this takeover, I'd be raging if some of the lads I know who have done the sum total of fuck all and turned up under the above guise, then lauding a takeover and shitting on me for taking a stand.

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

She didn’t answer at first then he asked again and she said the whole consortium is still committed 

She's just been burnt by a technicality in her win against Barclays, so it's no surprise that she is very careful with her language here.

Officially the Saudi's have pulled out so saying they are still involved could be used against the club by a clever lawyer in either arbitration of CAT. 

Saying they are still committed is vague enough to be a non-event for a judge, easy to bat off as being committed once the process going forward has been clarified. We don't go to court on the specific point of separation if PIF are not still 'involved'

34 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Staveley: "We are looking forward to welcoming you to SJP and we are looking forward to getting this transaction over the wall. And it will do."

Mandy Staveley, Over the Wall. 

I must admit I have no issue what so ever with the rest of the clubs and the top 6 in particular hating us if this goes through, let's just have an every man for himself situation 

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

I must admit I have no issue what so ever with the rest of the clubs and the top 6 in particular hating us if this goes through, let's just have an every man for himself situation 

Well I can honestly say I was extremely angry (and jealous) when Chelsea and Man City got state backed owners, and when our courts bailed Liverpool out of their last owners who had them nailed to the wall. But I accepted it and moved on, and this is what the Big 6 and their fans must do. Suck it up cunts, we had to. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Well I can honestly say I was extremely angry (and jealous) when Chelsea and Man City got state backed owners, and when our courts bailed Liverpool out of their last owners who had them nailed to the wall. But I accepted it and moved on, and this is what the Big 6 and their fans must do. Suck it up cunts, we had to. 

Tbf I actually enjoyed watching Chelsea buy all the players in the same way Blackburn and Man City have, but I just hate this narrative that suggests because we are Newcastle we don't deserve a takeover from rich owners, everyone would be fine for Ashley to keep us and plod along, I think, we deserve more and if that's wrong in the eyes of the rest of the country then fuck them.