PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

40 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

So when it involves the potential purchase of Man Utd, the rules are looked at to potentially be changed???

:jesuswept:

They were for our takeover tbf, only it was to restrict us. 

On 14/03/2023 at 19:59, TheBrownBottle said:

Plenty of negative coverage of KSA involvement with F1 in the UK - F1 didn’t used to be particularly popular in the US, not sure if it has more visibility these days?  If it is still a minor sport that would have an impact of visibility 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/mar/16/brother-of-man-executed-by-saudi-arabia-says-f1-legitimises-heinous-crimes

9 hours ago, christ said:

Yes, in a UK newspaper.  I’m not at all arguing that F1’s KSA ties do not get flagged constantly - the incessant ‘this is only ever about Newcastle’ brigade are tiresome with that shite.  Of course Amnesty etc will flag it up.  I was referring to the US - NASCAR, not F1, is where the vast majority of motorsports fans get their kicks.  In terms of F1, more criticism on the BBC today:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/64979439

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yes, in a UK newspaper.  I’m not at all arguing that F1’s KSA ties do not get flagged constantly - the incessant ‘this is only ever about Newcastle’ brigade are tiresome with that shite.  Of course Amnesty etc will flag it up.  I was referring to the US - NASCAR, not F1, is where the vast majority of motorsports fans get their kicks.  In terms of F1, more criticism on the BBC today:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/64979439

I was agreeing with you, I was just too lazy to provide any context.

I’m regards to UEFA possibly changing the ownership rules. I wonder what the wider context will be. Everyone is pointing at Qatar being able to buy Man Utd with out having that Qatari banker being the frontman. However it could also help Radcliffe, as he owns Nice and it’s not beyond possibility that they are in the same European competitions as Man Utd in future. Of course people will be looking at us and thinking it may mean our sister clubs might become bigger than the likes Dijion who are rumoured.

Myself, I wonder if this will allow Red Bull to go again with their football group. They kind of hit a brick wall once Leipzig started getting into Europe and had to place one under their owners name and one under the beverages companies. I wonder if this means they will start looking at Serie A, La Liga, and Premier League clubs?

I have always thought that Southampton would be a perfect fit for them. They have the right colour scheme, they have the academy that has produced quality players in the past, and yeah ok they can’t change their name etc under FA rules, but they could splash their brand all over them.

It would also be interesting to see if bigger clubs start buying smaller clubs, especially Premier League clubs in order to help them with work visa’s etc.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m regards to UEFA possibly changing the ownership rules. I wonder what the wider context will be. Everyone is pointing at Qatar being able to buy Man Utd with out having that Qatari banker being the frontman. However it could also help Radcliffe, as he owns Nice and it’s not beyond possibility that they are in the same European competitions as Man Utd in future. Of course people will be looking at us and thinking it may mean our sister clubs might become bigger than the likes Dijion who are rumoured.

Myself, I wonder if this will allow Red Bull to go again with their football group. They kind of hit a brick wall once Leipzig started getting into Europe and had to place one under their owners name and one under the beverages companies. I wonder if this means they will start looking at Serie A, La Liga, and Premier League clubs?

I have always thought that Southampton would be a perfect fit for them. They have the right colour scheme, they have the academy that has produced quality players in the past, and yeah ok they can’t change their name etc under FA rules, but they could splash their brand all over them.

It would also be interesting to see if bigger clubs start buying smaller clubs, especially Premier League clubs in order to help them with work visa’s etc.

Southampton.. or Sunderland.

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Staveley supposedly had to borrow to fund the investment and given they’ve put more cash in, PCP might be struggling to keep up.

maybe they fancy offloading part of  their stake for some pocket money 

Edited by WilliamPS
Spelling

Just now, WilliamPS said:

Staveley supposedly had to borrow to fund the investment and given they’ve put more cash in, PCP might be struggling to keep up.

maybe they fancy offloading part of half their stake for some pocket money 

I wouldn’t read a lot into it.

A couple of weeks ago they were supposed to be buying Everton.

Staverley said from the start they wouldn't be here forever, though they seem to be having so much fun that i doubt they'll be off anytime soon, they can probably sell half their stake for as much as they put in at this point and retain seats on board etc. But as said that doesnt look super credible but wouldnt shock me to see Staverley sell some at some point

Edited by Tiresias