PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

25 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

its not greed, we simply have to try and maximise all revenue streams

the ticketing changes have came about due to the amount of people moaning that they cant get in anymore etc. The club cant consciously turn round and say tough shit it is what it is so are trying to accomodate as best they can

people have complained about the 10am random generator so this is the fairest solution the club could find unless everyone wants to go back to that process and start bitching on again

dont agree -   not straight forward match day tickets for the normal punter anyway.

Either they didn't realise how much of an issue this would cause people (which isn't a good sign) or they did realise but they couldn't do much about it (eg archaic ticketing systems, software at the Box Office whatever) in which case they really should have got ahead of this thing and warned people that there would be major compromises for however long until they can get everything set up how they need it.

43 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Either they didn't realise how much of an issue this would cause people (which isn't a good sign) or they did realise but they couldn't do much about it (eg archaic ticketing systems, software at the Box Office whatever) in which case they really should have got ahead of this thing and warned people that there would be major compromises for however long until they can get everything set up how they need it.

It’s entirely an issue of their own creation. They could’ve quite easily left alone if the ticketing system is that much of an issue. Last year was a carry on getting tickets but at least it was up to me where I sat and how much I paid when I got to the front of the queue. This is opportunistic.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

At least it has (hopefully) very quickly put a pin in the argument put forward for how a new stadium would be good for the working class. 

It literally has no bearing on that whatsoever. This is simply an ill-thought out shit show of a plan and has no relevance to how a new stadium would be populated.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

It literally has no bearing on that whatsoever. This is simply an ill-thought out shit show of a plan and has no relevance to how a new stadium would be populated.

The same people in charge of this ill-thought out shit show with ticketing, seating allocations, memberships, and pricing fans out of their seats are the same people who'd be in charge of it after a stadium expansion. Of course it's related, it's directly related.

24 minutes ago, christ said:

It’s entirely an issue of their own creation. They could’ve quite easily left alone if the ticketing system is that much of an issue. Last year was a carry on getting tickets but at least it was up to me where I sat and how much I paid when I got to the front of the queue. This is opportunistic.

I'm not sure opportunistic is the right word - what are they gaining from this? They're still going to be selling the same number of tickets at the same prices whether it's this system or the old one.

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The same people in charge of this ill-thought out shit show with ticketing, seating allocations, memberships, and pricing fans out of their seats are the same people who'd be in charge of it after a stadium expansion. Of course it's related, it's directly related.

Except you have already made up your mind that they would make a pig's ear of any new stadium. And this incident likely just suits your narrative about not wanting a new stadium.

This is hopefully just a misstep, something that they haven't really thought through. But what is for certain though is that we need to keep an eye on them from here on in, as they clearly are not infallible. 

15 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'm not sure opportunistic is the right word - what are they gaining from this? They're still going to be selling the same number of tickets at the same prices whether it's this system or the old one.

Think this is important to remember. The easiest thing for the club would have been to keep the same queue as last year. Although this option is a disaster, it has only come about through a desire to make things fairer. 

17 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Except you have already made up your mind that they would make a pig's ear of any new stadium. And this incident likely just suits your narrative about not wanting a new stadium.

This is hopefully just a misstep, something that they haven't really thought through. But what is for certain though is that we need to keep an eye on them from here on in, as they clearly are not infallible. 

Like I've said tons of times, offer another narrative and I'll listen. I've only made up my mind about the whole 'it'll help people who can't afford to go to games' argument being a fantasy because everything points towards the opposite being true. Fans being priced out is not a unique criticism of the club's owners, it's a problem with football in general. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Like I've said tons of times, offer another narrative and I'll listen. I've only made up my mind about the whole 'it'll help people who can't afford to go to games' argument being a fantasy because everything points towards the opposite being true. Fans being priced out is not a unique criticism of the club's owners, it's a problem with football in general. 

The main criticism of this scheme isn't the price increase, it's the complete removal of being able to make a choice where you sit, and thus being forced to sit somewhere where you don't want to be.

It's a worry, no doubt, because it's the first sign that these people don't understand what makes a football stadium work. That's why we need to monitor them like a hawk from here on in. But just blankly stating that this incident means that a new stadium under their control would be a bad thing is just nonsense.

Ticket prices absolutely need to be scrutinised though, and are exactly what the NUST were created to help police, so I'd expect them to be monitoring them closely.

The ticket pricing at matches is something that needs to be placed in the hands of the new football regulator as they are clearly out of control at most clubs. But that has nothing to do with how well the owners would handle a move to a new stadium. You are just being clouded by your bias in this instance.

18 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think this is important to remember. The easiest thing for the club would have been to keep the same queue as last year. Although this option is a disaster, it has only come about through a desire to make things fairer. 

Maybe even to keep last years queue would have cost money to implement due to the changes in the stadium.  A few sections hove been tweaked (at least hospitality, safe standing).  The stadium seat picker looked a piece of crap.  I would imagine changing any of this would come at a cost.  I'm not sure who wrote the web site.  Maybe Ashley had his fingers in it 😃

What if some hard of breathing person gets to climb 7 trillion steps?

Some 80yr old bloke ends up deep in the gallowgate who used to sit reading his paper pre game.

Some bairn gets stuck with his mother in a crowd of absolute arseholes who won’t faking sit down.

As humans we hate change. It was inevitable things were going to change.

But one thing humans detest is lack of choice. This has been taken from us.

I could accept if this was Newcastle city council. Our the government. But not a football club.

Seriously doubt that any other club doesn’t give you a choice of seating. This will make the news if it isn’t sorted out and I really can see this ending up with plenty of empty seats in the ground if it’s the new setup and here to stay.

I am all for paying for the family area. But I will be fucked if they think they are emptying my pockets for some posh bullshit seats like

Edited by Infatuation Junkie

Despite some tongue in cheek remarks the last few days. I’m honestly worried with the total lack of understanding the Club has had towards ticketing this season.

It’s clear as day the route they want to go down. When people lapped up a CL ticket package at £165 a head - it should have raised alarm bells. Man Utd fans kicked off massively with that. Because we finished 4th? Crack on! But for how long?

If people don’t stand up to this nonsense now, it’ll only get worse and worse and worse. I can’t remember which member on here was moved from the Gallowgate Club - but that too was an alarm bell. 

The club is bringing in a more corporate structure and is slowly pricing out the average working fan. Just imagine if Wor Flags were to do a German demonstration complaining about the price of tickets? How would that affect ‘the brand’ the club has tried to create. 

Edited by TheGuv

4 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Bit nervous my tickets are going to be useless come the Fiorentina game. I don't have a smart phone, but my mam (who I'm taking) does. Could I put both tickets on her phone then swipe between tickets?

image.png.763617bdb2177bf4f888ac6331ca9d72.png

You should be able to yeah. Just tell them at the turnstile that you're scanning two tickets. The last couple of concerts I went to had this system and I had to scan everyone because I had all the tickets on my phone. 

The response to this from many on twitter & facebook from a lot of our support has been properly depressing. Basically saying if you can't afford a £74 ticket then don't bother entering the ballot. Sad to say that NUFC's fanbase now has a significant amount of absolute wankers within it.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

The response to this from many on twitter & facebook from a lot of our support has been properly depressing. Basically saying if you can't afford a £74 ticket then don't bother entering the ballot. Sad to say that NUFC's fanbase now has a significant amount of absolute wankers within it.

Born in '87 and as far back as I can remember it always has had a significant amount of absolute wankers within it.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

The main criticism of this scheme isn't the price increase, it's the complete removal of being able to make a choice where you sit, and thus being forced to sit somewhere where you don't want to be.

It's a worry, no doubt, because it's the first sign that these people don't understand what makes a football stadium work. That's why we need to monitor them like a hawk from here on in. But just blankly stating that this incident means that a new stadium under their control would be a bad thing is just nonsense.

Ticket prices absolutely need to be scrutinised though, and are exactly what the NUST were created to help police, so I'd expect them to be monitoring them closely.

The ticket pricing at matches is something that needs to be placed in the hands of the new football regulator as they are clearly out of control at most clubs. But that has nothing to do with how well the owners would handle a move to a new stadium. You are just being clouded by your bias in this instance.

You say clouded by bias, I say influenced by the piling evidence. Agree to disagree for now, we'll pick it back up when something like this happens again :lol:

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

they've sold unlimited amounts of memberships rather than the cap them like they did last year.

the memberships have increased in price by getting on 50%.

an aston villa ticket for the home game last season was £34, £44 this, an increase of 33%, opportunistic is putting it fucking mildly, it's outright profiteering and they're taking the fucking piss.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Born in '87 and as far back as I can remember it always has had a significant amount of absolute wankers within it.

I can't remember it being this bad tbh. Maybe they were always there though & social media has just shone a light on them all.

5 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Football (and society) has far too many I'm Alright, Jacks. It was the case when that Charlotte lass was saying the ticket prices were too high as well imo. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Football (and society) has far too many I'm Alright, Jacks. It was the case when that Charlotte lass was saying the ticket prices were too high as well imo. 

Have to agree. Modern society is properly fucking grim. No sign of the great reset coming either.