PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

15 minutes ago, patrone said:

Only tickets available are in the east stand?

Or is the website broken again ?

Gets it looking full for the cameras doesn’t it?

Surprised we didn’t play a Saudi team in pre season.

11 minutes ago, jack j said:

Seen quite a few saudis in their traditional clothing and with flags at the villa game mind. Only seen that once last season was about 5 blokes

Was 2 separate groups of about 20 this time

Must be doing trips for em

Be interesting to see if they get many over for this

Yeah - was quite a few in the area near where Staveley sits at the weekend.

All getting photos etc pre-match.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Website seems banjoed n all.

Aye - seems it.

I've been trying to speak with the box office this morning and they're basically saying they're shut [emoji38] and to call back, Monday - Friday between 10am and 5pm. I called at 10:30am.

What a clusterfuck this is.

I'm absolutely shocked and appalled at this brand new information that our club is in some way aligned with Saudi Arabia of all places...

This is no different to the green away kits, the sponsors, the "warm weather training". We're owned by their sovereign wealth fund. We are owned by Saudi Arabia and we have to take the rough with the smooth on this one.

9 minutes ago, Big River said:

wait, people are actually going to this? :lol:

Think I'll go along. Should be a couple of decent games and it's a struggle for mere members such as myself to get inside SJP these days for NUFC games.

Edited. It'll depend on the ticket prices of course.

Edited by Wallsendmag

2 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Think I'll go along. Should be a couple of decent games and it's a struggle for mere members such as myself to get inside SJP these days for NUFC games.

Edited. It'll depend on the ticket prices of course.

tickets have been confirmed as £5 for adults and £3 for concessions.

31 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'm absolutely shocked and appalled at this brand new information that our club is in some way aligned with Saudi Arabia of all places...

This is no different to the green away kits, the sponsors, the "warm weather training". We're owned by their sovereign wealth fund. We are owned by Saudi Arabia and we have to take the rough with the smooth on this one.

16 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Doesn't bother me but I'm sure all the human rights experts since October 2021 will be out in force on this one.

It’s like Keegans Export says. Nothing’s changed. People who are OK with the whole thing will be OK, people who are not OK won’t. Oppo fans who just want an excuse to jab will use it an an excuse to jab. 

I guess the only real issue is that it might give people who are very conflicted a bit of a nudge. No point worrying too much about optics at this stage.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Does anyone care? 

I'm not going to watch it, but neither do I have any problem with them playing at St James. You can't have your cake and eat it. They are investing a lot of money in improving the club so not really a surprise that they expect some form of exposure for it.

So the answer is no, I don't care.

17 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Doesn't bother people but they still make a comment about it.

:hmm:

That's right.

You can not be bothered about something and pass conment on said subject at the same time. Honestly, you can!