PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I know the owners went into this with their eyes wide open but the constant PL “law” changes aimed directly at NUFC to prevent competition against the PL glamour clubs should lead to another significant legal challenge against them. 

7 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Kept reading waiting for the punchline, must have been drunk

It’s up to the clubs who suffer from FFP to submit a legal challenge and fuck the old top 6, we would be hated for doing so but then the cunts hate us anyway. Give them something to really fucking hate us for!!

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

You’ve got Carragher going on all the time about the PL being the best league in the world. Aye, if you’re part of the cabal at the top. Think of how much better it could be if everybody had a chance to compete. 

Squeeky fucker doesn’t want that! 

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

If a journalist does a 180 in their views its usually as they think they are getting ahead of the game - i.e. he sees changes afoot.

Whether he is right on that or not is another matter of course

I’ve had a feeling that the club are preparing some kind of action, ever since Dan Ashworth’s fishing trip at the beginning of November re loan players from Saudi. I could be wrong, hope I’m not.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

So odd how he’s changed his tune. 

He’s likely finally worked out that this also impacts his beloved West ‘Aaaaaam.  They can never compete, even if a crazy multibillionaire takes over

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He’s likely finally worked out that this also impacts his beloved West ‘Aaaaaam.  They can never compete, even if a crazy multibillionaire takes over

What I don't understand is why other clubs' owners don't get this. They're supposed to be businessmen. By voting for FFP & FMV measures they're effectively devaluing their own clubs. Unless they think they're going to own them forever, like.

12 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Has he?

He's been very consistent on his opinion on FFP for years.

I could be mistaken, I thought he’s one of those who’ve been bashing us since the takeover. 

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I could be mistaken, I thought he’s one of those who’ve been bashing us since the takeover. 

Not really. Think he's been a bit critical of the regime and what undeniably amounts to sportswashing a couple of times (which as a journalist is not unreasonable), but generally covers us purely in sporting terms, and has been critical of FFP, FMV and the behaviour of the break-away 6 for quite a while now.

Edited by Turnbull2000

27 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I mean he’s still a fat mess who always sounded like a nonce outside a school with his heavy breathing when he used to be on Sunday Supplement. 

Hasn’t stopped him calling it right on FFP and FMV though, has it?

I think the reason nobody has intentionally breached FFP/FMV with the intention of a legal challenge is that they've weighed it up and decided it probably isn't worth the risk.

Take Everton for example - they've focused their defence on an argument that they actually haven't broken the rules or that the punishment itself is harsh. That's a more straightforward argument than trying to show the whole FFP/FMV system is anti-competitive and should be removed altogether.

By the time you've proved the latter how many points deductions, fines, forced relegations etc could you have suffered? And if you go all that way and don't win, then you're royally fucked.

33 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I think the reason nobody has intentionally breached FFP/FMV with the intention of a legal challenge is that they've weighed it up and decided it probably isn't worth the risk.

Take Everton for example - they've focused their defence on an argument that they actually haven't broken the rules or that the punishment itself is harsh. That's a more straightforward argument than trying to show the whole FFP/FMV system is anti-competitive and should be removed altogether.

By the time you've proved the latter how many points deductions, fines, forced relegations etc could you have suffered? And if you go all that way and don't win, then you're royally fucked.

It didn’t take Football agents long take on the PL, UEFA and FIFA who attempted to cap their fees etc and win. I know a lot of people don’t like Nick De Marco but he knows his shit and he was involved in that case. His opinion and it’s an opinion based on his experience and legal knowledge that FFP is anti competitive and only serves to protect the already wealthy cartel clubs in what they see as their privileged positions.

Edited by FloydianMag

58 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

It didn’t take Football agents long take on the PL, UEFA and FIFA who attempted to cap their fees etc and win. I know a lot of people don’t like Nick De Marco but he knows his shit and he was involved in that case. His opinion and it’s an opinion based on his experience and legal knowledge that FFP is anti competitive and only serves to protect the already wealthy cartel clubs in what they see as their privileged positions.

I don’t think you even need to be NDM to see that it’s uncompetitive practice.  It was always an obvious potential breach of commercial law.  The ‘retain and transfer’ system was an obvious restraint of trade for the best part of a century until Eastham took NUFC to court.  As was the holding of player’s registration until Jean-Marc Bosman took the Belgian FA to court.  It doesn’t require NDM to point this stuff out.  The issue for me is that this isn’t being done with the good of the game in mind - just as the ‘Super League’ wankers weren’t with UEFA.  The outcome to that was obvious too - but I fail to see how a lot of this helps.

Reform and control, not Thatcherite ‘let the markets run rampant’, is what football needs. 

7 hours ago, DahnSahf said:

What I don't understand is why other clubs' owners don't get this. They're supposed to be businessmen. By voting for FFP & FMV measures they're effectively devaluing their own clubs. Unless they think they're going to own them forever, like.

Think its ideal for the less ambitious. Can just blame FFP for floundering and stymie fan unrest at their ownership, nice easy job for life really.

I used to know this horrible fat c*nt that would love that.

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

The govt has already came out talking about changing UK commercial legislation following the UEFA case.  There is a chance that this gap gets plugged soon. 

19 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The govt has already came out talking about changing UK commercial legislation following the UEFA case.  There is a chance that this gap gets plugged soon. 

In what way? Genuine question here 

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

In what way? Genuine question here 

The govt can enact any legislation they like, ultimately.  Including amendments or new legislation providing opt-outs and protections for some sectors - including sports.

Post-Brexit, they are in a position to do this without external considerations.  

21 hours ago, RS said:

I know the owners went into this with their eyes wide open but the constant PL “law” changes aimed directly at NUFC to prevent competition against the PL glamour clubs should lead to another significant legal challenge against them. 

Give it time imo - it is getting ridiculous.  It will get to the point where enough is enough. It's blatantly a cartel so I think it would fall like a deck of cards if legally challenged. 

I tell you what all eyes on Man City - every man and his dog knows they cheated to bypass FFP.  If they get away with it 'again' - FFP is finished.

Edited by duo

59 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The govt can enact any legislation they like, ultimately.  Including amendments or new legislation providing opt-outs and protections for some sectors - including sports.

Post-Brexit, they are in a position to do this without external considerations.  

No they can't. Parliament can within reason but can still flounder in the supreme Court (for now.....the Tories are actively looking to change that) 

Edited by madras