PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I think if we are being realistic by time arbitration is done even if we win no way do PIF swoop in and take a club that’s in serious danger of going down 

We’ll get nothing from arbitration, the CAT case is the only thing that could worry the PL. But realistically, that’d be years away before it was any sort of threat.

On 28/08/2021 at 12:44, Stifler said:

Hoffman almost single handedly brought the global economic crash of 2007 to the U.K. through his reckless running of Northern Rock. I’m doing so he damaged the North East economy massively as many people and businesses held accounts with Northern Rock here in the North East. He has since been involved with other banks, and is now the chairman of Monzo.

He is in bed the Premier League’s foreign broadcasters who are ran by the same people who have been proved to have bought the right to host the next Word Cup through corruption and have infiltrated UEFA so much that they now allow PSG to flout every FFP rule going without any consequences.

If the guy hasn’t been stopped now, he’s not going to be stopped in future.

Gary Hoffman wasn't appointed chairman of NR until late 2008. NR bailout began in late 07. Gary Hoffman had nothing to do with the running of NR prior to the global crash, let alone single handedly bringing it to the UK. Totally off topic but no one brought it to the UK, it was coming regardless. But if there's anyone to blame, its RBS.

Guest neesy111
20 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Gary Hoffman wasn't appointed chairman of NR until late 2008. NR bailout began in late 07. Gary Hoffman had nothing to do with the running of NR prior to the global crash, let alone single handedly bringing it to the UK. Totally off topic but no one brought it to the UK, it was coming regardless. But if there's anyone to blame, its RBS.

Adam Applegarth is the one you have to blame.  Offering 125% mortgages was insane.

6 hours ago, gdm said:

I think if we are being realistic by time arbitration is done even if we win no way do PIF swoop in and take a club that’s in serious danger of going down 

This is my biggest worry. A lot of people were saying they'd still buy but it's taken them over 2 years to even get the club (that's if they do) and then expected to spend another year in the Championship and still pay what Ashley is asking.

I think that's asking a bit too much.

39 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

This is my biggest worry. A lot of people were saying they'd still buy but it's taken them over 2 years to even get the club (that's if they do) and then expected to spend another year in the Championship and still pay what Ashley is asking.

I think that's asking a bit too much.

Go down I just can’t see them being interested and I’ve thought that all along. I think they will see out the cases though, as it’s their only chance of owning a premier league club for the foreseeable future. They will wait to see what league we’re in also. Mind it would not surprise me if the legal side was still ongoing by the time this season ends either.

Can you imagine though IF the cases are won and we are in the Championship. They would then switch to another club I would have thought, with the safe knowledge that they would be passed. Doesn’t bare thinking about .

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Go down I just can’t see them being interested and I’ve thought that all along. I think they will see out the cases though, as it’s their only chance of owning a premier league club for the foreseeable future. They will wait to see what league we’re in also. Mind it would not surprise me if the legal side was still ongoing by the time this season ends either.

Can you imagine though IF the cases are won and we are in the Championship. They would then switch to another club I would have thought, with the safe knowledge that they would be passed. Doesn’t bare thinking about .

I think they have far too much pride (in themselves) to do that. 

Pride would dictate never in a million years buying a 2nd division club man. If they'd agreed to buy an Aston Martin off Ashley and got blocked by the courts somehow, then won their case, and it turns out Ashley's tooling around in a Fiat Punto instead these days, they'd never buy that off him out of "pride" ffs. They'd look for a different Aston Martin.

Edited by thomas

7 hours ago, manorpark said:

I think they have far too much pride (in themselves) to do that. 

I think they just want to own a Premier League football club to be honest. If we're in the Premier league then we're the best option, but I think there are other options also

1 hour ago, Bishops Finger said:

I think they just want to own a Premier League football club to be honest. If we're in the Premier league then we're the best option, but I think there are other options also

As I understand it, PIF are part of a Consortium that has been put together to buy Newcastle United, and those I know from Saudi have a great pride in their perceived behaviour, which is why I mentioned it.

As for the "Aston Martin and Fiat Punto" analogy, well I cannot see that a season in the 2nd Division would make any difference at all to their ambitions for NUFC and the wider City of Newcastle. 

5 minutes ago, manorpark said:

As I understand it, PIF are part of a Consortium that has been put together to buy Newcastle United, and those I know from Saudi have a great pride in their perceived behaviour, which is why I mentioned it.

As for the "Aston Martin and Fiat Punto" analogy, well I cannot see that a season in the 2nd Division would make any difference at all to their ambitions for NUFC and the wider City of Newcastle. 

If we are relegated it’s over ffs. It’s hanging on by a thread as it is 

Edited by gdm

14 minutes ago, gdm said:

If we are relegated it’s over ffs. It’s hanging on by a thread as it is 

Hopefully this will not become an insult-fest from you.

There is no logic whatsoever behind that statement, though I often hear and read it.

If they want to buy NUFC (and the consortium does) they would much rather buy us in the EPL, and that is probably where we will 'just' be !! However, they are planning to make a very long-term investment in this City and this Football Club so one extra seasons effort is going to make absolutely no difference to their planning or intentions whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Hopefully this will not become an insult-fest from you.

There is no logic whatsoever behind that statement, though I often hear and read it.

If they want to buy NUFC (and the consortium does) they would much rather buy us in the EPL, and that is probably where we will 'just' be !! However, they are planning to make a very long-term investment in this City and this Football Club so one extra seasons effort is going to make absolutely no difference to their planning or intentions whatsoever.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest they’ll pay £350m for a relegated club and tbh they’d be shocking businessmen to do so

21 minutes ago, gdm said:

There is absolutely nothing to suggest they’ll pay £350m for a relegated club and tbh they’d be shocking businessmen to do so

Yes, no one is sure what the sale price of the club would be if we do go down.

It could well be less than currently agreed, but how much less for one season in the 2nd Division (which is all it probably would be under the Consortium) no one knows.

Certainly, as a very long term investment, it is unlikely to alter the price greatly because both parties (buyer and seller) have shown a massive amount of determination (two legal actions pending, for example) to get this deal over the line.

Just now, manorpark said:

Yes, no one is sure what the sale price of the club would be if we do go down.

It could well be less than currently agreed, but how much less for one season in the 2nd Division (which is all it probably would be under the Consortium) no one knows.

Certainly, as a very long term investment, it is unlikely to alter the price greatly because both parties (buyer and seller) have shown a massive amount of determination (two legal actions pending, for example) to get this deal over the line.

Again gambling that we’d only be in championship for one season is once again horrendous business sense

22 minutes ago, gdm said:

Again gambling that we’d only be in championship for one season is once again horrendous business sense

Nothing is certain in this life, but I would expect that our new owners would not think of it as much of a 'gamble' really.

It's not just that under Ashley, twice already, that is all that it has been (one season) it is more that they are unlikely to lose any of our best players this time (because of the plans that would be in place that the players would be buying into) and there would also be quality acquisitions.

So, not too much of a gamble.

Also, I know things look bad at present, but we are only three games in, far too early to seriously be contemplating relegation. Though the next few games look . . er . . difficult !!!

Edited by manorpark

42 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

The price definitely won't be £300m if we're relegated. Club value at least halves in the Champ and all sorts of chancers can pounce at that level if the club's more accessible

And there lies the problem because there's no way Ashley is accepting anything less than 300m even though it's his fault for not investing. But looking at it from his point of view he had the club sold 2 years ago so why should he keep putting money into it. 

I can't see this ending well for us the fans

5 years ago he said this (Ashley) https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-ashleys-message-newcastle-fans-7603937

He said on Monday: “All I say is, there is a bank account, when you have emptied it, it’s empty, don’t come crying to me for more money.....”

He wouldn't put a penny in anyway, whether that's what all owners should do or not it's very few in reality who rely on self-sufficience 

2 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

I can't see this ending well for us the fans

It will end well, so many people do not expect it to end well (I am surrounded by them in the real world and on here) but it will be fantastic when it happens.

In some ways you negative guys will have a better time than me, because all that will happen to me is "the inevitable", but those who are currently certain that we are 'doomed' will have such a great time, such a great shock, in addition to the eventual shared good times!