PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

14 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Who said they'd pay 350m for it?

We are gonna just go over old ground. They won’t pay £350m and that’s the problem. 

massive leap of faith if you think Ashley is gonna write off 50-100m off the asking price or will he do what he usually does and loan the club money that he’ll make sure he gets back. My money would be on the latter

Edited by gdm

9 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

The same as he'd have to spend/fund to get promoted to get his 350m?

He’d loan the club money to do that. He wouldn’t just write it off. Haven’t you paid attention to anything that man has done

25 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

5 years ago he said this (Ashley) https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-ashleys-message-newcastle-fans-7603937

He said on Monday: “All I say is, there is a bank account, when you have emptied it, it’s empty, don’t come crying to me for more money.....”

He wouldn't put a penny in anyway, whether that's what all owners should do or not it's very few in reality who rely on self-sufficience 

Wasn't there a graphic going around a week or so back which showed that he was the only owner in the league not to have actually put any money of his own in at all....being dwarfed by the likes of Burnley

Yeah I probably posted it, £0 of owner financing (loans and share capital). Money out goes on the loan repayments. Money in tops up that loan. Loan is repayable upon demand which is probably part of the £300m for the clubE9I8NkOWYAYlLGs?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by nbthree3

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

He’d loan the club money to do that. He wouldn’t just write it off. Haven’t you paid attention to anything that man has done

Assuming he wants to put more cash in, which based on the lack of spending is debatable, to get that loan repaid he'd have to take the money back out of the club which reduces the value. 

Yes he could sell ASM or whoever, but that loses a valuable asset which reduces the price of the club.

The difference to last time is that he actively wants to sell the club now. I'm not sure he'd have the desire to pump money in that he's not guaranteed to get back.

14 minutes ago, gdm said:

We are gonna just go over old ground. They won’t pay £350m and that’s the problem. 

massive leap of faith if you think Ashley is gonna write off 50-100m off the asking price or will he do what he usually does and loan the club money that he’ll make sure he gets back. My money would be on the latter

He can only get it back by taking it out if the club which will..

A. Take years

B. Devalue the club

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm convinced we will get a takeover before the season is out but I'm not sure it will be the Saudis 

What on Earth are you basing that prediction on?? 

1 minute ago, LV said:

What on Earth are you basing that prediction on?? 

The fact that Ashley has checked out, not a penny spent on transfers, St James or basic infrastructure maintenance, he's after a payout from the EPL and then he will sell to one of these leverage takeover groups that will pay him over a few years and he keeps a stake until he's paid off.

39 minutes ago, Ben said:

The fact that Ashley has checked out, not a penny spent on transfers, St James or basic infrastructure maintenance, he's after a payout from the EPL and then he will sell to one of these leverage takeover groups that will pay him over a few years and he keeps a stake until he's paid off.

He wants the Saudi millions. Them or Ashley tbh 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Out of curiosity do think a takeover won't happen ?

Me?  Can’t see it happening now . It was a thing without a doubt but someone with a lot of clout (Qatar and those PL bigwigs  on their payroll?) decided it wasn’t to be allowed 
Nothing will come of Ashley’s case.  He’s messing with the big boys who plan for this kind of thing