PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

14 hours ago, manorpark said:

As I understand it, PIF are part of a Consortium that has been put together to buy Newcastle United, and those I know from Saudi have a great pride in their perceived behaviour, which is why I mentioned it.

As for the "Aston Martin and Fiat Punto" analogy, well I cannot see that a season in the 2nd Division would make any difference at all to their ambitions for NUFC and the wider City of Newcastle. 

Nobody is discussing their ambitions. You stated that their pride would ensure that they buy a championship club for the price of a PL club.

3 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Where precisely did he state this?

Fair enough he said "I think", but he supported those thoughts with the claim that he has a knowledge of Saudi ways. Added to the fact that he is openly adamant that the takeover is going through, I don't think it's unreasonable to define his comment as a statement.

Yeah - all this whole sorry mess has done is expose what a shitshow the PL is, its clubs, its owners, its sponsors everyone.

We all knew it was dirty, but i think most of us didnt realise just how dodgy whole structure was.

19 minutes ago, Kanji said:

“Surely they’d welcome this kind of money in the league”

Feel stupid   

If they weren't controlled by the 6 and were perfectly objective then yes they would have. Still think they would love the investment coming in but Masters/Hoffman are too scared of the 6 to upset them....cf their miniscule punishment for ESL guff

39 minutes ago, Kanji said:

We were literally days or weeks away from being transformed for good. Region and club. Still hurts. Not sure I’m getting over this one. 

I'll never get over it. It's literally finished my interest in football. What is the point in football if you're not allowed to compete? 

Then to add to the whole shit show we have to stick with the worst owner ever to grace the Premier league.

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

I'll never get over it. It's literally finished my interest in football. What is the point in football if you're not allowed to compete? 

Then to add to the whole shit show we have to stick with the worst owner ever to grace the Premier league.

It's all just so predictably predictable now to keep an interest. At least with Shepherd we could reasonably expect a weird or exciting decision at some point as fan pressure did get to him...Bruce wouldn't have survived that 2 in 20 run under him, as 6 lost games tended to be his limit before a sacking....now we sit in purgatory with no-one in authority making any decisions at all beyond 'don't spend money'

Give me Shepherd any day of the week. For nearly all of his faults he was a fan, he profited off the club massively, and his conduct during his time was not good, and he was the prick who sacked Sir Bobby….

But the bloke would have absolutely been able to get it right when the tv money poured in, or he would have figured out a way to monetize at the right time. 

Just now, Kanji said:

Give me Shepherd any day of the week. For nearly all of his faults he was a fan, he profited off the club massively, and his conduct during his time was not good, and he was the prick who sacked Sir Bobby….

But the bloke would have absolutely been able to get it right when the tv money poured in, or he would have figured out a way to monetize at the right time. 

Shepherd didn’t want Ashley buying the club. Still think he was a cunt mind. John Hall is the worst, he still won’t criticise Ashley and let’s get it said, that he sold to the first person who allowed him the opportunity to make a big profit. Ashley didn’t have a great reputation back then either. 

Funny how this shit gets 'leaked' as soon as the transfer window is shut. Looking more and more likely that it was just another Ashley trick. Whole thing is just sickening. Seeing Man City and Chelsea spend £100m on a single player yet we get blocked over £300m deal by IMO genuine company who are investing everywhere else without issues. :sad:

reads like a Trump press release these days ffs. any good faith and credibility due for being someone who means well has been depleted by constant twitter shithousery.

we have a date for a hearing already and I, personally, give 0 fucks to anything that's not from NdM/Ashley/Pif/Staveley or the PL until then.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

:lol: Bloke is a fucking fantasist. 

Although, good news that now he’s saying it won’t go through it probably will. Because he’s wrong about everything else.

Wonder if this means an end to the weekly podcasts?