Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

1 hour ago, Miercoles said:

Well that has me fucking fired up.

Never been excited about appointing an executive before but now I have to have him!

Last sentence of that article seems like a good sign that he would consider the job here as well...

Aye I'm always looking for activists with strong political opinions about race at the club, most important thing to improve things, we've never had black players either so hopefully he could change that.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Here's a really good chat from Chelsea fans about what Emenalo put together at Chelsea. He'll be coming in mostly to develop the football structure like they talk about here. 

Will we be loaning 26 players out the Dutch league every season in a couple of years time? 

Edited by Mr Raspberry Jam

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Will be loaning 26 players out the Dutch league every season in a couple of years time? 

Not sure it will be quite the same kind of approach.

Under Roman Chelsea wanted to buy up all of the best young talent, and after they were brought through the academy development, the managers weren't using them in the first team and so Emenalo developed that loan system.

I think Newcastle will be more about finding talent and developing them to go into the first team, and Howe is good with bringing younger players on, and so I think it will be an altogether different approach really. Doubt we'll be hoovering up as much young talent as Chelsea were looking to buy up at the time.

From what I've read it seems that he shouldn't get all of the credit or blame for the signings made during that time, but that he was massively responsible for Chelsea's academy and their loan setup.

This is a good post about it:

Edited by kisearch

44 minutes ago, Teasy said:

Aye I'm always looking for activists with strong political opinions about race at the club, most important thing to improve things, we've never had black players either so hopefully he could change that.

Ruel Fox? Sir Les? Tino? Or am I being whooshed?

Edited by greydos

19 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Found more KaKa propaganda..

If he hasn't had more than 3 interviews we know it ain't happening..

Propaganda :lol:

Just posting stuff on him because I followed him quite closely. 

Would be good if others could throw in stuff on the other DOFs too, would definitely watch those as well.

They all sound class to me to be honest. I'd be cool with any of them!

Just now, KaKa said:

Propaganda :lol:

Just posting stuff on him because I followed him quite closely. 

Would be good if others could throw in stuff on the other DOFs too, would definitely watch those as well.

They all sound class to me to be honest. I'd be cool with any of them!

Just teasing. I wouldn't bother watching that 18minute one though. Essentially saying Conte and Mourinhos returns didn't work because they wanted their own players and were too big personalities that left emenalo feeling his work was useless and created lots of friction. 

Crazy how many fans were celebrating his departure like it was Steve Bruce though. 

1 hour ago, greydos said:

Ruel Fox? Sir Les? Tino? Or am I being whooshed?

I didn't get this either. It read like sarcasm so I'll address it that way, a candidate being vocally opposed to racism is not a drawback in my book but what has me excited is the possibilities for our academy. On the Price of Football they are constantly going on about how Chelsea's academy/loan/sell-on system allows them to get around FFP rules. We're going to be up against it with FFP over the next few stages of the club's development and it sounds like he has already shown a good method of mitigating those constraints. I would love to see something similar here where we are constantly developing good players, keeping the best ones and selling the rest to pay for the elite talents we'll need to eventually break into the very top levels of the game.

[Non-Football bit ahead]

If he also wants to help the club and the league be less racist along the way that sounds good to me! Maybe I'm projecting this anti-anti-racist view onto the earlier poster because I'm so used to seeing that shit over here, but I'd love to get the message across that you don't have to worry. If we start treating black people better it doesn't mean life will get worse for white people, unless your idea of having a good life includes being able to be an unmitigated cunt to other people with no repercussions, you might miss out on that I guess. Again, probably projecting, but I'm just sick of people insinuating that being against racism is a fucking problem or some wild radical stance we should be wary of. 

Think there has been a ton about Rangnick posted already elsewhere, couldn't find much for Henrique in terms of videos. Here are some of the others linked (minus Overmars as that seems unlikely now)

Michael Edwards (was at Portsmouth at the same time as Howe which might explain the link up last week and in the past) 

Also he has reportedly said he is leaving at the end of the season/his contract - linked to Real Madrid

Paul Mitchell

Luis Campos

Couple of years old but has a few or our linked names but not all

We will end up with Jason Wilcox after all that :p 

Hope Wilcox was interviewed for Academy Director. 

Edited by toontownman

My impression of Monaco was that everything went tits up when the owner Rybolovlev got divorced and taken to the cleaners, forcing the club into the fire sale that cost Mbappe, Mendy, Bernardo Silva etc. There'll be more to it, but that's the simple narrative that's out there.

All these candidates sound great, and it's good that Emenalo etc. rate Howe and buy into his system. We need results quickly, not expensive square pegs going into round holes.