The "delighted Ashley has gone, but uncomfortable with Saudi ownership" thread

UncleBingo

26 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

Don't blame the Saudis for going in especially on him. Disguising his jealousy under the banner of politics.

He is gay and that is something punishable by death in KSA and you think he’s just jealous? :lol:. Fucking idiot.

12 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

quite ironic that its the journos now getting a shit barrage considering NUFC fans have had to put up with for 14 years.    

Journos have always had to deal with barrages of shit, and yes a lot of them are shit themselves, but I hope this doesn't become a regular thing where even the slightest whiff of criticism triggers the online saudi troll army. yes Eddie Howe does not have to answer for the saudi government's crimes, but equally, even if a journo doesn't agree it is absolutely their job to ask the question. The second time maybe wasn't necessary mind.

12 minutes ago, Smal said:

He is gay and that is something punishable by death in KSA and you think he’s just jealous? :lol:. Fucking idiot.

Yes, I do 👍 He is hijacking a big story and our name for his personal crusade

You can tell he also hates NUFC, loves antagonising us, and loves the fact he gets a reaction which helps is clicks

If you cantvsee that I think your insult is best served in front of a mirror 👍

19 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Journos have always had to deal with barrages of shit, and yes a lot of them are shit themselves, but I hope this doesn't become a regular thing where even the slightest whiff of criticism triggers the online saudi troll army. yes Eddie Howe does not have to answer for the saudi government's crimes, but equally, even if a journo doesn't agree it is absolutely their job to ask the question. The second time maybe wasn't necessary mind.

Fair enough.  I ain't going to lose any sleep over what may or may not happen on Twitter.  Twitter is a cess pit.

7 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

You can tell he also hates NUFC, loves antagonising us, and loves the fact he gets a reaction which helps is clicks

From a quick glance at his Twitter I haven’t seen anything to suggest he hates NUFC. 

18 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

Fuck off.

24 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

:anguish::anguish::anguish: 

Not standing for this shit, like. You can take your horrific takes off here permanently and spend your time on twitter where they belong. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

50 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Tbh I’d prefer him to stay. If

he’s here we can atleast challenge him.

He can stay if he doesnt condone random and homophobic abuse against a person. For no good reason. Not that there ever is a good reason. If he wants to post shit like that from now on he can do it from Twitter. I'm certainly not wanting to see it again on here, so it's his choice. 

He's making nonsense up to defend that abuse. "He's jealous of the takeover so the abuse is justified" Fuck off. That abuse is to be condemned by NUFC fans and rightly called out for what it is. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 hour ago, jack j said:

We forgetting some of the fucking mongs from this country who are on social media like? Just need to look at the stick Solskjaers getting at the minute

Can we stop using phrases like “mongs” (and “spastics”), please? Totally unnecessary.

44 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

You’ve not covered yourself in glory these past couple of weeks, mind.

Any more of this shite and it’ll be more than a warning next time.

Think about what you’re supporting/advocating here, ffs.

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

:thup:

I’m ambivalent about the source of our new money, to be brutally honest, as I would have pretty much taken any owners to be competitive again. I know that’s not great and probably says a lot about my character, but at the end of the day NUFC is about the football for me. My fury with Pardew and Ashley always stemmed from how they took that competitiveness (and a lot of the other things I loved about NUFC/football) away.

However, this attitude doesn’t mean I’m buzzing about the Saudis and will defend them when sinister things like this rear their heads. We’ve got to be better than that, at the very least. We’ve effectively done a deal with the devil, pretty much as close to that as is humanly possible, so we have to accept the valid criticism that comes along with that. The questions today were fair and should continue to be asked.

You can be happy with the football side looking up, as I am, but there’s really no need for anyone to completely sell their soul. Howe’s response today was perfect and will hopefully set the tone moving forward.

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

:thup:

I’m ambivalent about the source of our new money, to be brutally honest, as I would have pretty much taken any owners to be competitive again. I know that’s not great and probably says a lot about my character, but at the end of the day NUFC is about the football for me. My fury with Pardew and Ashley always stemmed from how they took that competitiveness (and a lot of the other things I loved about NUFC/football) away.

However, this attitude doesn’t mean I’m buzzing about the Saudis and will defend them when sinister things like this rear their heads. We’ve got to be better than that, at the very least. We’ve effectively done a deal with the devil, pretty much as close to that as is humanly possible, so we have to accept the valid criticism that comes along with that. The questions today were fair and should continue to be asked.

You can be happy with the football side looking up, as I am, but there’s really no need for anyone to completely sell their soul. Howe’s response today was perfect and will hopefully set the tone moving forward.

Great post but whilst those questions should be asked I'm not sure if they should be asked of a football manager, by a sports journalist. What exactly does a sports journo know about the situation anyway?

It would be fair enough if it was carried out across the board but it isn't, which is why I find all of this more ammusing than anything else.

Not the Journalist getting abuse by Saudis like, as with others I cannot see how he's done anything at all wrong. All we can do is disassociate ourselves from nonsense like that which I'm sure most Newcast fans will.

6 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Great post but whilst those questions should be asked I'm not sure if they should be asked of a football manager, by a sports journalist. What exactly does a sports journo know about the situation anyway?

It is relevant, as much as I wish it wasn’t, and somebody’s profession surely doesn’t define the extent/limit of their knowledge?

Who actually was it that asked the questions? Someone from Sky News?

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

It is relevant, as much as I wish it wasn’t, and somebody’s profession surely doesn’t define the extent/limit of their knowledge?

Who actually was it that asked the questions? Someone from Sky News?

I didn't say it wasn't relevant and I didn't say a profession defined the extent of anybody's knowledge. If the journo has a history of asking questions of the Saudi regime at every opportunity then fair enough. If they're jumping on a bandwagon that I believe in [simply because it is suddenly relevant], then they  can jump right back off again.

Edited by Happinesstan

Just now, Happinesstan said:

I didn't say it wasn't relevant and I didn't say a profession defined the extent of anybody's knowledge. If the journo has a history of asking questions of the Saudi regime at every opportunity then fair enough. If they're jumping on a bandwagon that I believe in, then they  can jump right back off again.

Honestly don’t know why I’m bothering, as the goalposts will just keep getting moved around, as always, but:

”I'm not sure if they should be asked of a football manager”

Is this not saying it was irrelevant in the context of today’s presser? If not, what is it saying?

“What exactly does a sports journo know about the situation anyway?”

This clearly implies that a sports journalist couldn’t know enough about the Saudi regime to reference it, to me. Again, if I’ve misread that then please correct me as to what you meant?

Like it or not, this is a massive platform for people (whatever their motives) to bring attention to everything that’s bad about the Saudi state and it will rightly continue to be used as such. Rough with the smooth, as I said.

Just now, Rich said:

Honestly don’t know why I’m bothering, as the goalposts will just keep getting moved around, as always, but:

”I'm not sure if they should be asked of a football manager”

Is this not saying it was irrelevant in the context of today’s presser? If not, what is it saying?

“What exactly does a sports journo know about the situation anyway?”

This clearly implies that a sports journalist couldn’t know enough about the Saudi regime to reference it, to me. Again, if I’ve misread that then please correct me as to what you meant?

Like it or not, this is a massive platform for people (whatever their motives) to bring attention to everything that’s bad about the Saudi state and it will rightly continue to be used as such. Rough with the smooth, as I said.

I wasn't implying anything. I was asking the question. Truth is I don't know who asked the question and was wondering if they have any history of challenging the actions. I probably shouldn't have said "a sports journo".

I've been one of the more vocal about our my feelings towards our new owners [without banging on about it] so to suggest I'm trying to undermine a genuine attempt to raise the issue is way wide of the mark.