Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, peder said:

Potter is one of the most promising prospects in the league, would be an awesome signing and I really hope we looked at him.

I'm not denying his achievements, but you have to ask yourself why Spurs haven't just snapped him up? Maybe if you have ambition you go for proven winners.

Is it literally just Ballague that has the negative scoop? Isn't his record sketchy, or am I making that up?

Emery himself said he hasn't said no to us just 8 hours ago.

So Emery has literally said “what is an Eddie Howe” ?

A man of his experience surely knows clubs will have other candidates for a vacant manager position.  Something about the Balague tweets just didn’t quite add up, I reckon he’s still coming 

I'm really not that excited Emery, watching him at Arsenal he never seemed to have a specfic style of play, he has done incredibly well with the likes of Sevilla and Villareal but not sure what he can offer a side like us, at PSG he seemed to always mess up when it mattered and i remember during his spat with Ben Arfa the later told him that even with the best team in the world he won't get past the champions league quarter final, at both Arsenal and PSG he has found it difficult to control the dressing room.

That being said we just had Steve Bruce as manager so i really don't think we could do any worse, if he does come here i hope that he proves everyone wrong and help take us forward.

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I'm really not that excited Emery, watching him at Arsenal he never seemed to have a specfic style of play, he has done incredibly well with the likes of Sevilla and Villareal but not sure what he can offer a side like us, at PSG he seemed to always mess up when it mattered and i remember during his spat with Ben Arfa the later told him that even with the best team in the world he won't get past the champions league quarter final, at both Arsenal and PSG he has found it difficult to control the dressing room.

That being said we just had Steve Bruce as manager so i really don't think we could do any worse, if he does come here i hope that he proves everyone wrong and help take us forward.

I'd go brush up on his first season at Arsenal again if I were you. Also, go see his list of trophies and achievements. 

23 minutes ago, peder said:

Stop this pain someone. New owners, same stupid approach to everything. When will we learn to be professional. 

Exactly.  If I was Emery I would be well pissed that this leaked before the game last night.    Say nowt to no-one until its signed and done..

19 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

This place gets a bit RTG whenever negative news appears. Referring to Balague as “pissed up” and attempting to discredit him in most posts, just because he’s posted something negative.

If it turns out to be true, it’s a massive worry.

I hope not and I hope his source turns out to be someone at Villarreal trying to pour cold water on it.

Balague was on the ale last night. No other reason for him to be getting all soppy over Emery at about 2 in the morning on a school night. 

9 minutes ago, 54 said:

Is it literally just Ballague that has the negative scoop? Isn't his record sketchy, or am I making that up?

Emery himself said he hasn't said no to us just 8 hours ago.

He must have spoken with someone there after the game to come out with this?

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

He must have spoken with someone there after the game to come out with this?

But after the game Emery himself didnt reject us. If Emery was knocking us back, why didn't he do so at his full time presser and pour cold water over it all? 

All journalists on this side of the water have confirmed Emery told Staveley he wants the job. So if he's knocking us back, then why the u-turn? Why isn't Balague telling us why he's changed his mind after initially accepting the job? 

Balague claims the vision of the club isn't clear enough for Emery. But surely the vision was explained to him on zoom on Sunday when Emery said yes to nufc? So again.. Why is Emery suddenly unclear/unsure on the vision of NUFC? 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Covering all bases again? I see the club didn’t leak it though 

Keep the faith

Why does he speak like he's a newcastle fan? He fucking hates us. As plenty of his articles and tweets show