Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 hours ago, Palestoon said:

Bit of an exaggeration [emoji38] but Bruce mentioned in an interview that Fraser was working on being a number 8 to fit into the formation if he wanted to get minutes

Sure it wasn't,  'was working on feeding Bruce After Eights to fit into the abomination if he wanted to get minutes'?

19 hours ago, LRD said:

Missed that. Wtf was that about? :lol:

just found this in the latest athletic article about Fraser. Knew i hadn't imagined this [emoji38]

Eventually, once Bruce was regularly deploying a 5-3-2 system, Fraser tried to “learn how to play” as a No 8 during pre-season last summer to “try and get into the team”. “I don’t really fit in the formation, in a way, but you can always fit yourself into it,” he said in August. “I’m asking the coaches, ‘Look, if you see me playing as an eight, I need to be taught it’.”

Incredibly impressed by how much of a transformation he's overseen in the way we play.

CBs who are happy to keep the ball and play around a little. Players who make runs to create space for others in the final third.

We actually look like a team that does things in training during the week to help us in games. Mental.

We look so much better for it defensively, too. Lot of people worried about him not being who we needed at the time given our defensive struggles but not just conceding possession immediately when you have it is so important. Villa game was a great example. We didn't just retreat and put everyone behind the ball the last 10 minutes, we actually kept playing and the result was Villa never got a sniff.

Hopefully we can go on and get a result today but this is hugely impressive stuff nonetheless IMO. Really exciting the prospect of seeing this team with some quality in the attacking positions. Wood, Fraser and Murphy are all pretty pedestrian at this level and yet we're still producing some good stuff.

That performance was so enjoyable, understandably it lacked a cutting edge but with the players out it would have been easy to just sit back and let them have the ball

Instead we had the ball and passed it about well, looked in control and it was just that final pass or cross that let us down

Doing a brilliant job considering he's only a 42inch TV

Favourite thing about today is that while we’ve had some good results over the last 4.5 years against the top clubs, this is the first time I’d say we’ve went out with intentions of winning the game and at least looked their equals ability wise. Add Trippier, ASM & Wilson to that today and we win. Even with 3 squad players (and Krafth looking shaky), I don’t think we looked like losing at all.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Actually seeing the team try and play football is great to see after years of shite under Rafa and Bruce now we're trying to keep the ball and attack teams,  breath of fresh air.

Eddie is doing well, but you can fuck off with the Rafa jibe. 

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Actually seeing the team try and play football is great to see after years of shite under Rafa and Bruce now we're trying to keep the ball and attack teams,  breath of fresh air.

Did you miss the last 3 months under Rafa?

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Wasn't a jibe at all this is the first time we've tried to play attacking football in recent memory and it's great to see.

That's just not true, the final 3-4 months of Rafa and we were playing very good attacking football

Obviously once he was replaced by Bruce it crumbled